Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote 4K burning is not available, as there is no official Ultra HD Blu-ray burning spec for it. You'll have to use the dodgy software from companies like the one you mentioned to do it.

Dave

Thanks

Alan
Does Powertogo support 4K authoring and burning?

I have version 11, which version will support the new technology? Version 13 - your ads skip; around 4k which leads me to bedliver you do not support 4k.

Bummer.

May have to go to DVDfab.

Alan Gelhar
I would suggest you not respond to people unless you can be civil.

I have been in technologies since before it was called technologies.

Not sure why you had to get personal - it wasn't called for. You don't know me.

Graduate degrees in computer science and finance from the St. Thomas Universit.y.

CIO for several large computer facilities across the country.

My successes in Technoloogies has been published in technology magazines and forums.

I have been converfting 8mm videos etc and producing full productions shows for friends and family across the country for free.

I have spoken at Technogoy conventions across the country (ie: Lehigh University in PA).

I implemented VOIP technologies for college in CA (first in the State)

This is just a glimpse of my background.

Had to respond - when the accuser is wrong

Nope don't feel any better.

Stay safe!

Alan

It seems you are sitting on your laurels and not doing new things as well.
What you claim here is just like "some" netizens always do: Full of complaints and mock at those easy-to-find targets (e.g. a company, celebrities, etc.).

Feel free to find other video recording and editing tools that support capturing, editing, and exporting videos in 4K HDR format. And, the price must be under $130 USD.

poweredvd 19 can play 4K HDR content video though.
It appears that Cyberlink is not moving into the 4K HDR formats.

Even their screen recorder does not support the 4K HDR forfmat.

Does Cyberlink plan to move into the 4k HDR formats?

They seem to be sitting back on their laurels and not doing new things.
PD16 can input 3840x2160 4K videos. It ssmes like it can edit these videos.

Now, is PD able to render in the 4K resolutioln (3840x2160)?

Can PD create a blu-ray 4K file in .iso or mp4 formats for burning?

What are the plans for 4K/4830/2160 resolutions from Cyberlink?

Thanks,

Alan
I use FireFox as my web browser and have done so for many years.

All of a sudden Powerdirector 16 does not recognize it as a broswer and asks me to install a browser.

How do I fix this issue.

Thanks,

Alan
Quote See the attached screenshot. 1. Click the DVD Menus button to access the menus. 2. Click the Down arrows circled to change the parameters of the search like to display this month’s upload, etc.

The menus have a .dzm extension.

EDIT: optodata answered first while I logged in just now. I had already prepared the screenshot so I will go ahead and post this. Hope that all this helps others who may have the same questions.

Thanks for the information. Finally worked.

Directorzone needs to differentiate betweend dvd menus for create disk and other types of menus.

Thanks again,

Best of all the forums.
Hello,

Where do I find the proper formatted menu template for powerdirector create disk? from directorzone?

Tried to download "erde/sonne" however it turns out to be a particle file and is not a menu template. How do I differentiate between the files from directorzone?

Where in directorzone do I find the menu template for create disk burning.

What is the extension of that file.

Thanks,

Alan
Quote erde/sonne is a particle template at this link: https://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/81318 . It should show up in theReply particle room in a 16:9 AR project. What you need is to download a menu template from the DZ.

Thank You..

Not sure how I missed that.

Alan
Hello,

Downloaded "erde/sonne" template from Director zone. I doanloaded and installed it and shows up under EDIT - downladed files.

However, I cannot figure out how to access it in create disk. It does not show up in the menu preferences.

Any help?

Thanks,

Alan
Quote Hi Alan -

If you switch the project from 360 to 16:9 you can open each video/photo in Tools > View Designer and plot the view path for the duration. i.e. you decide what you want the viewer to see.

Then it can be either produced as a standard video or burned to DVD/BR.

Viewers of the disc don't get to choose which way they look, but you've kindly decided for them ""laughing""

Cheers - Tony

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Could connect an HDMI cable from the PC to the receiver/TV 's HDMI input.

Then, play the 360 photo/video show on the computer feeding the video out to the TV via the HDMI connection.
You would then be controlling the 360 show from the computer.

I believe the DVD generation is soon to pass. Flash drives and the like as well as new softare will replace them.

Can't keep up.

Alan
Quote Hi Alan -

If you switch the project from 360 to 16:9 you can open each video/photo in Tools > View Designer and plot the view path for the duration. i.e. you decide what you want the viewer to see.

Then it can be either produced as a standard video or burned to DVD/BR.

Viewers of the disc don't get to choose which way they look, but you've kindly decided for them ""laughing""

Cheers - Tony

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That is an idea.

I think I would prefer and the viewer would prefer to have control over what they look at nside the video. Each viewer might want to look at different things.

I think a temporary solution for now is to put GoPro 360 player and the 360 photos/videos on the flash drive. Then nstall the software on the viewers computer to watch the shows.

Life is tough - but good!

Thanks,

Alan
Quote Hi Alan -

I'm happy to be shot down in flames here, but it's my understanding that 360° videos & photos can be viewed in VR players but cannot retain their interactive properties (viewer control) beyond that.

I think what you're suggesting is that 360° videos/photos could be burned to disc (DVD/BR), but I've never seen or read anything that suggests that's even possible... whatever software is used to create the disc.

Enlighten me or shoot me down. I'm OK with either laughing

Cheers - Tony

_

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I copied thed 360 files in their .mp4 format out to a flash drive. Can play them from the flash drive. For multiple files highlight all of them and it will play like an uncontrolled slide show but you will be ableto controll the 360 view.

No DVD burning for these files that I can find.

Alan

Hope things are good down under!
Quote Hi Alan -

I'm happy to be shot down in flames here, but it's my understanding that 360° videos & photos can be viewed in VR players but cannot retain their interactive properties (viewer control) beyond that.

I think what you're suggesting is that 360° videos/photos could be burned to disc (DVD/BR), but I've never seen or read anything that suggests that's even possible... whatever software is used to create the disc.

Enlighten me or shoot me down. I'm OK with either laughing

Cheers - Tony

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think you aare probably right. PowerDvd will play Them, and allow the interactive control .

Seems that there is no way of burning a 360 slideshow dvd or 360 video dvd.

PhotoDEX does not support 360 slides.

Waiting back on Nero to see if they support the format. Do not see anything on their website that indicates that they do.

Write a program to do this and maybe you can get rich.

I am using also, GoPro VR player - same results.

Ahead of our times.

Alan

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No where can I find how to burn either a slide show or video show.

All examples seem to discuss how to get, edit, and produce on a 360 video - but tt stops there.

From 360 media I would like to create a slide show or video show in 360 to burn on Disk to share for TV viesing.

Maybe I am jumping ahead of the technology.

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry:

The camera is Yi 360 VR.

Using their Yi studio to stitch.

Everyting seems to work ok. Just cannot get beyond the producing on PD 16, or Power-to-go. PowerDVD will read each play back 360 video but again you cannot burn or set it up to play several in row.

Seems like Cyberlink isn't ready for prime time on 360 video (photo or video)

Alan
Quote It is but perhaps not in all cases.

You neglected to tell us what camcorder you used to capture the video. What did you use to stitch it ? Tell us more - length of video, computer you re using etc. The more you tell us up front, the less we have to do a dialog to get the information we need.

Have you looked at the tutorials here?

I have a Samsung G360 and it works well. I can stitch and encode so I can put it on YouTube.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry:

The camera is Yi 360 VR.

Using their Yi studio to stitch.

Everyting seems to work ok. Just cannot get beyond the producing on PD 16, or Power-to-go. PowerDVD will read each play back 360 video but again you cannot burn or set it up to play several in row.

Seems like Cyberlink isn't ready for prime time on 360 video (photo or video)

Alan
Hello,

Trying to do 360 video. From a captured 360 video:

You can produce a 360 video (once you check the 360 video enalbe) But cannot go any further then that.

Cannot burn a 360 video from PD 16 or Power to go 11.

Any ideas.

Trying also to take a 360 snapshots, and produce a 360 file to play but that does not work either. The 360 video from powertogo gets recognzed but cannot burn it.

Cybdrlink not ready for 360 technology?
Quote Hi acg -

The short answer is YES, but if the video is stitched at best quality it has a video bitrate of 317Mbps... so PDR might import it and play it back, but your PC might struggle to get it to play smoothly.

Mine just did with this original sample video. It works fine GoPro VR Player if the decoder is set to Windows Media Foundation.

So YES, with a rider.

Cheers - Tony

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just built a (power) computer.

Intel 8700K processor

2 M.2 1TB each SSD drives where W10 OS resides with raid

8TB storage

GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti Nvidia grap;hics card

Asus Essence STX ii 7.1 sound card

Corsair cooler

on a 1TB network

I did stitch the 2 videos at the highest quality - and you are right it produces massive files.

I think the computer build should handle it.

Alan
I am experimenting with the Yi 360 vr 5.7K camera.

Will powerdirector 16 handle the 5.7 resolutions?
Quote Hello,

At the moment, you need to have a CyberLink account to use U. You have one to use this forum, so you will need to sign your parents up for one. It is free and can be done using their email address.

Here are a group of tutorials if you need more info: https://u.cyberlink.com/support/video-tutorials/umessenger

Here is the FAQ in case you have any more questions. Or you can just ask here and I will figure it out:

https://u.cyberlink.com/support/faq/20180/how-do-i-sign-in-to-u-messenger-

David

Hello,

Using my parents as an example was only to show how things have changed. They have been gone for some time, and I am retired.

I do have a Cyberlink account. I have been in computers all my life. 25 years in California as a CIO (Chief Information Officer) in charge of information systems for the University and colleges, and consulted with Pac Bell on some large technology projects. I installed technologhy systems in Minnesota, Iowa, Oregon and California. Now I have an information systems lab in my home where I do video conversions and multiplex video and audio for movie productions. I also built my own power computers (all solid state).

Just thought I would mention the background so you didn't think I was a novice in this stuff.

As far as messenger is concerned, I cannot get a contact to be added to the contacts list or use a contack in any way.

Messenger will not recognize my Logitech Brio camera

Would like to know how to use messenger in conjuction with Youcam7 so I can take advantage of the additional options like changing a background in the video chat.

Maybe mesenger and Youcam7 is not the right combination to use. I have most of the Cyberlink software and thought this would be as solid as the rest.

Also, I need to learn more about the video chat function vs the video that adds features for social media

Don't know if that helps - there is not much advice out there yet on this video stuff.

I am also setting up 360 video using Cyberlinks Powerdirector 16. I have a 360 movie camera and am planning on doing some video 360 and Virtual reality.

Alan - have to keep the mind working
Go to: