Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hello,

At the moment, you need to have a CyberLink account to use U. You have one to use this forum, so you will need to sign your parents up for one. It is free and can be done using their email address.

Here are a group of tutorials if you need more info: https://u.cyberlink.com/support/video-tutorials/umessenger

Here is the FAQ in case you have any more questions. Or you can just ask here and I will figure it out:

https://u.cyberlink.com/support/faq/20180/how-do-i-sign-in-to-u-messenger-

David

Hello,

Using my parents as an example was only to show how things have changed. They have been gone for some time, and I am retired.

I do have a Cyberlink account. I have been in computers all my life. 25 years in California as a CIO (Chief Information Officer) in charge of information systems for the University and colleges, and consulted with Pac Bell on some large technology projects. I installed technologhy systems in Minnesota, Iowa, Oregon and California. Now I have an information systems lab in my home where I do video conversions and multiplex video and audio for movie productions. I also built my own power computers (all solid state).

Just thought I would mention the background so you didn't think I was a novice in this stuff.

As far as messenger is concerned, I cannot get a contact to be added to the contacts list or use a contack in any way.

Messenger will not recognize my Logitech Brio camera

Would like to know how to use messenger in conjuction with Youcam7 so I can take advantage of the additional options like changing a background in the video chat.

Maybe mesenger and Youcam7 is not the right combination to use. I have most of the Cyberlink software and thought this would be as solid as the rest.

Also, I need to learn more about the video chat function vs the video that adds features for social media

Don't know if that helps - there is not much advice out there yet on this video stuff.

I am also setting up 360 video using Cyberlinks Powerdirector 16. I have a 360 movie camera and am planning on doing some video 360 and Virtual reality.

Alan - have to keep the mind working
Quote Hello,

It is like ny intent messging service...nd cn be used by business, or group of friends.

U is free nd designed for wht you need, YouCm 7 isn't. You cn't do fce to fce conferencing using it.

I suggest you just try downloding U Messenger...s I sid it is the nswer you re looking for nd is FREE!

Dvid

Hello,

15 - 20 yerss go, I set my folks up on video conferencing - basiclly so they could video conferenc with us. They lived in Minnesota and we lived in alifornia. We used land lines - which were very slow and unreliable. Then we had no social media websites to deal with so the application was pretty simp;le.

Now, the conferencing takes into account the social media web sites which makes things more complicated. We no longer just connect for face to face interaction, but can share all media.

They came up with the software which can handle all meida, like Youcam 7, Manycam, etc..Now to do both it takes a camera, connecting software like U or Skype and for the other activities Youcam 7, Manycam etc . .

Getting back into it again started out to be a little confusing - which application to use for what.

So you are correct, Youcam 7 is for the social media experience (uploading/downloading files, and video recording etc. . )and U is for the face to face interaction. So it is still a bit confusing how to improve your chat, then moving into the conferencing application.

U is supposed to interface with Outlook Contacts but so far it does not. Not sure how to set up a contact in U.

It now is possible to change the background behind you while doing the face to face chat (like a green room). I am not seeing where Cyberlink handles something like this in their applications. I believe Chromacam handles this - not sure how the others handle it.

Thanks for the input it helps.

Alan
Quote Hello,

YouCam is not the software for this, as it is just for video chatting mostly.

What you should do is download the free U software from CyberLink. It let's you do face to face conferencing and video meetings on PC, mobile devicesm and more.

You can download it free here: https://u.cyberlink.com/download

David

I believe Youcam 7 is what I do need to do basic personal conferences with family and friends. U seems to be for businesses.

Alan
I have the Logitech Brio webcam.

How do we do a web conference face to face with someone. Not video recording - just a conference.

Is it a fact that we still need an application such as Skype to do the actual conferencing?

Alan

Any ideas on the 4K vs 5.7K resolution? PD 16 seems to deal with 4K - don't see any way to work with 5.7K resolution.

I app;reciate your help.

Alan

Would you please share a short 5.7k raw video? I would like to give it a try.

In PD 16 your have to change the profile inorder to work with a 5.7 resolution.

The 4K resoution file I previously attached (19M in size): You save it on your computer, then use Microsoft's "files&TV" prgram to play it.

The same video in 5.7K results in a 2.4G file - a little large to attach.

Be happy to share any experiences on the 360/VR stuff.

Not much help; out there yet.

Alan

Hello:

I have produced 3 360 videos (all the same except for the mbps). They are very small videos - but because they are 360 videos the file size is still very large.

The first one is 5.7 resolution, with a text added, and a transition added at 80mbps. File size 50M.

The second one is 5.7 resolution with the same text added, and same transition added at 100mbps . File size iss 62.6M.

The third one is 5.7 resolution with the same text added, a same transtion added at 120mbps. File size 78.6M.

I think the files are a little large to send as an attachment but am willing to send one or more of the files for your review upon a request.

They will play with Microsoft's "movies&TV" program.

Alan

Any ideas on the 4K vs 5.7K resolution? PD 16 seems to deal with 4K - don't see any way to work with 5.7K resolution.

I app;reciate your help.

Alan

Would you please share a short 5.7k raw video? I would like to give it a try.

In PD 16 your have to change the profile inorder to work with a 5.7 resolution.

The 4K resoution file I previously attached (19M in size): You save it on your computer, then use Microsoft's "files&TV" prgram to play it.

The same video in 5.7K results in a 2.4G file - a little large to attach.

Be happy to share any experiences on the 360/VR stuff.

Not much help; out there yet.

Alan
Quote A user on the YI 360 Facebook group has produced an edited 'Profile.ini' file which allows export in 5.7k (several options)

see attached link

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Yi360VR/1983173751903620/

Seems to work well.

The solution from Facebook to deal with 5.7K files does work. However the difference in trhe 5.7K resolution and the 4K resolution in file size is 19.4M to 2.4G. So there is a price to pay for quality.

Have to balance file size and processing time with quality. Then the next step is how to burn it to a dvd.

Guess there is no standard for burning 360 files to a dvd yet.

Alan
Quote I have been there for vacation about 30 years ago.
New York and Massachusetts. It was nice.

Hatti

FYI,

By downloading the new profile version 3 and replacing the orginal profile inPD 16 does work.

The orginal video file before this produced a 19.4 MB file. The 5.7 resolution file produced a 2.4G file.

So there is a price to pay for quality.

The quality is much better but you will have to balance quality with size and processing time.

Alan
Quote not "have to". That sounds as if you don't want it.
There are very nice places in germany.
So, be welcome! smile

Hatti

I have been to Germany, Switzerland, France, Lechtenstein on a college tour. You are right there are some great p;laces to visit.

Kind of dangerous to travel now days. The kids will have a hard time in the new era.

Have you been to the states?

Alan
Quote I cannot find the topic, but as far as I know, PowerDirector 16 can only handle up to 4K footage, at least with 360°.
I don't know of any solution except recoding the footage to 4K.

Hatti

thanks.

I am always one step ahead of the technology - then am trying to figure out how it works.

Will have to visit you in Germany come day.

Alan
Quote There is no standard for 360 video on disc so far.

I app;reciate your help.

Alan
Hello all,

Doesn't seem like to many peo;ple are into 360/VR video yet.

Question: PD 16 will import and produce 360 4K video. Will it at some ;oint let us burn the 360 video.

The 360 video I am using is from the Yi 360 camera. It gets put out in .MP4 format and 5.7K. Not seeing that PD 16 will handle the 5.7K coming from the camera.

Any help would be appreciated.

Alan
I am making headway with 360/vr -creation. I am using the Yi 360 cam and it does a good job.

I would like to know if there is a way as you have several videos stacked up - once you choose the first one it plays them all from that point. If you pick the 3rd one it starts at that point and plays the rest., and so on . . .

My qyestion is: Once you start p;laying back the videos is t here a way to (while it is playing) to pick a different video to play on the fly?

Like if you are viewong the inside of a house, once you are finished looking at one room and you want to move on the the next room (next video file) you can do it on the fly.

Alan
It wouldn't make any difference if it were a 360 vidoe or regulare 2d video.
Hello,

Is there a procedure in PD16, to eliminated the camera rig from a 360/VR video?

Seems to ba a complicated endeaver.

Alan
Quote Yes, that is as expected. If you have a data file, it is unimportant on what kind of data media the file is, a hdd, an external hdd, an usb-stick or a DVD. But, if you burn it as a video DVD than you may have a look at the googling machine of your choice, what a video DVD is, there you can find the specification of a video DVD. Normally, DVD players do not play a 360vr data file on a data DVD.

Hatti

Don't thonk they make any external 360/vr DVD players. Right now don't know of anyway to burn the 360/vr as a movie.

Are we having fun yet?

Alan
Quote Yes. I have an idea. It it not possible.
A DVD is specified for certain kind of video formats (720x576@25 in PAL, 720x480@24 in NTSC). 360vr is not in the valid format list. So you lost your 360vr information while making a DVD.
Your video has to stay as mp4 with an aspect ratio of 2:1. With some players (not all) and mobile phones, is it possible to move around in the 360vr world.

Hatti

Thanks,
I have been working on th is 360/vr for some time now. What I have found is right after you render it in the 360/vr format you can play that file in powerdvd17. And, you can move around in the video.

Now I have found if you burn that file as a data file to a dvd, it will do the same as playing it directly from the computer. You can move around in the video.
It won't be handled as a video movie.

Need to do more research.

Thanks again,
ALan
Hello,

I have imported two 360 vr videos. Rendered them together (PD 16 360 rendering). Rendered as .MP4 file. When I play this file I can move around in the 360/vr field with mouse.

Now I would like to burn that rendering to a dvd.

When I try to burn that rendering to a dvd, I get the video, but when I play the dvd I cannot move around in the 360/vr field with the mouse.

I am on a slow learning curve.

Any ideas?

Alan
Quote Possibly due to a problem with my unit (have a question on the Facebook group about it) the USB port on mine only seems to function as a charging port - when I connect to the PC I get a brief message flash up about some sort of error / incompatabilty then nothing, does not show in file explorer as a drive, just starts charging.
As I tend to take the card out and put into a USB3 card reader does not create a problem for me, but would like to establish if this is how it should be or not, normally would expect a USB connection to show up as a drive when connected to a PC?

Yi does not make it clear about their USB port.
They apparently want you to take out the microsd card and put it in a reader. The reader could be a 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1. I guess that would work. Then what is the purpose of the USB port on the camera. Just for charging?
Here is a link to the explanation of USB types:

https://www.extremetech.com/computing/115251-how-usb-charging-works-or-how-to-avoid-blowing-up-your-smartphone

Alan
Quote I have this camera - after much research came to same conclusion as you - that for the cost / video quality was the best available, (for consumer level rather than professional use) Also the early users who had it before general UK release very positive.

Very early days - bit of test footage; mostly in poor light so possibly not the best conditions; but been able to edit in PD without any issues, computer & program seems to handle fine. (I have been filming un-stitched at 5.7k, stitching in the YI Studio programme (batch stitching good as they do take a while to process!) Resulting stitching in my view very impressive.

My main interest was to produce 2D from the 360 footage, (as described by Hatti) tried the object tracking in PD which gives good results; especially if selfi stick etc kept out of view; gives the appearance of remote camera. Not tried the stablization yet as for the test bits done so far not been necessary, but from other users comments it is quite impressive.

There is an active forum on Facebook for the camera, one user already posted an edited 'profile.ini' for PD to give 5.7k output, which was previously not available, look for a post by Sandro Floris posted on 20.12 on the forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Yi360VR/

Camera seems to be generally well made & solid, I was also attracted by the removable storage & battery, making it far more useful, especially as battery goes quite quickly when filming, they say about 40mins - difficult to say when doing lots of short clips but probably about right

The manufacturers appear to be releasing firmware updates with new features so appears will develop / improve over time.
Hoping to do more over the Christmas period, get to grips with it properly!

Now that you have the camera- can you tell if the USB connection is a 2.0 or 3.1?

Can't get a straight answer from Wi.

3.1 would be 10 times faster than the 2.0 version.

Thanks,
Alan
Quote I have this camera - after much research came to same conclusion as you - that for the cost / video quality was the best available, (for consumer level rather than professional use) Also the early users who had it before general UK release very positive.

Very early days - bit of test footage; mostly in poor light so possibly not the best conditions; but been able to edit in PD without any issues, computer & program seems to handle fine. (I have been filming un-stitched at 5.7k, stitching in the YI Studio programme (batch stitching good as they do take a while to process!) Resulting stitching in my view very impressive.

My main interest was to produce 2D from the 360 footage, (as described by Hatti) tried the object tracking in PD which gives good results; especially if selfi stick etc kept out of view; gives the appearance of remote camera. Not tried the stablization yet as for the test bits done so far not been necessary, but from other users comments it is quite impressive.

There is an active forum on Facebook for the camera, one user already posted an edited 'profile.ini' for PD to give 5.7k output, which was previously not available, look for a post by Sandro Floris posted on 20.12 on the forum.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Yi360VR/

Camera seems to be generally well made & solid, I was also attracted by the removable storage & battery, making it far more useful, especially as battery goes quite quickly when filming, they say about 40mins - difficult to say when doing lots of short clips but probably about right

The manufacturers appear to be releasing firmware updates with new features so appears will develop / improve over time.
Hoping to do more over the Christmas period, get to grips with it properly!

This was good input!!

I asked Yi if they were plannning at least USB3 for transferring the files. It is 10 times faster the USB2. Have not heard anything yet.

Thanks for the great response. Looks like I will give it a go.

Alan
Quote Do you like the camera in general? How is the resulting video?
How many cameras are/will you using? 1, 4, 7?
I'm considering getting 360º of our next show.

Don't have the camera yet - but my research for the last couple of weeks shows that the yi 360 vr camera is the best for the price.

Yi also makes a Halo 360 camera for $17,000 - not ready for that yet.

Alan
Go to: