Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 video
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Trying to do 360 video. From a captured 360 video:

You can produce a 360 video (once you check the 360 video enalbe) But cannot go any further then that.

Cannot burn a 360 video from PD 16 or Power to go 11.

Any ideas.

Trying also to take a 360 snapshots, and produce a 360 file to play but that does not work either. The 360 video from powertogo gets recognzed but cannot burn it.

Cybdrlink not ready for 360 technology?
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
It is but perhaps not in all cases.

You neglected to tell us what camcorder you used to capture the video. What did you use to stitch it ? Tell us more - length of video, computer you re using etc. The more you tell us up front, the less we have to do a dialog to get the information we need.

Have you looked at the tutorials here?

I have a Samsung G360 and it works well. I can stitch and encode so I can put it on YouTube. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It is but perhaps not in all cases.

You neglected to tell us what camcorder you used to capture the video. What did you use to stitch it ? Tell us more - length of video, computer you re using etc. The more you tell us up front, the less we have to do a dialog to get the information we need.

Have you looked at the tutorials here?

I have a Samsung G360 and it works well. I can stitch and encode so I can put it on YouTube.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry:

The camera is Yi 360 VR.

Using their Yi studio to stitch.

Everyting seems to work ok. Just cannot get beyond the producing on PD 16, or Power-to-go. PowerDVD will read each play back 360 video but again you cannot burn or set it up to play several in row.

Seems like Cyberlink isn't ready for prime time on 360 video (photo or video)

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
No where can I find how to burn either a slide show or video show.

All examples seem to discuss how to get, edit, and produce on a 360 video - but tt stops there.

From 360 media I would like to create a slide show or video show in 360 to burn on Disk to share for TV viesing.

Maybe I am jumping ahead of the technology.

Alan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry:

The camera is Yi 360 VR.

Using their Yi studio to stitch.

Everyting seems to work ok. Just cannot get beyond the producing on PD 16, or Power-to-go. PowerDVD will read each play back 360 video but again you cannot burn or set it up to play several in row.

Seems like Cyberlink isn't ready for prime time on 360 video (photo or video)

Alan
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

I'm happy to be shot down in flames here, but it's my understanding that 360° videos & photos can be viewed in VR players but cannot retain their interactive properties (viewer control) beyond that.

I think what you're suggesting is that 360° videos/photos could be burned to disc (DVD/BR), but I've never seen or read anything that suggests that's even possible... whatever software is used to create the disc.

Enlighten me or shoot me down. I'm OK with either laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Alan -

I'm happy to be shot down in flames here, but it's my understanding that 360° videos & photos can be viewed in VR players but cannot retain their interactive properties (viewer control) beyond that.

I think what you're suggesting is that 360° videos/photos could be burned to disc (DVD/BR), but I've never seen or read anything that suggests that's even possible... whatever software is used to create the disc.

Cheers - Tony

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think you aare probably right. PowerDvd will play Them, and allow the interactive control .

Seems that there is no way of burning a 360 slideshow dvd or 360 video dvd.

PhotoDEX does not support 360 slides.

Waiting back on Nero to see if they support the format. Do not see anything on their website that indicates that they do.

Write a program to do this and maybe you can get rich.

I am using also, GoPro VR player - same results.

Ahead of our times.

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Alan -

Cheers - Tony

_

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I copied thed 360 files in their .mp4 format out to a flash drive. Can play them from the flash drive. For multiple files highlight all of them and it will play like an uncontrolled slide show but you will be ableto controll the 360 view.

No DVD burning for these files that I can find.

Alan

Hope things are good down under!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

If you switch the project from 360 to 16:9 you can open each video/photo in Tools > View Designer and plot the view path for the duration. i.e. you decide what you want the viewer to see.

Then it can be either produced as a standard video or burned to DVD/BR.

Viewers of the disc don't get to choose which way they look, but you've kindly decided for them "laughing"

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Alan -

If you switch the project from 360 to 16:9 you can open each video/photo in Tools > View Designer and plot the view path for the duration. i.e. you decide what you want the viewer to see.

Viewers of the disc don't get to choose which way they look, but you've kindly decided for them ""laughing""

Cheers - Tony

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That is an idea.

I think I would prefer and the viewer would prefer to have control over what they look at nside the video. Each viewer might want to look at different things.

I think a temporary solution for now is to put GoPro 360 player and the 360 photos/videos on the flash drive. Then nstall the software on the viewers computer to watch the shows.

Life is tough - but good!

Thanks,

Alan
acg [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Alan -

Viewers of the disc don't get to choose which way they look, but you've kindly decided for them ""laughing""

Cheers - Tony

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Could connect an HDMI cable from the PC to the receiver/TV 's HDMI input.

Then, play the 360 photo/video show on the computer feeding the video out to the TV via the HDMI connection.
You would then be controlling the 360 show from the computer.

I believe the DVD generation is soon to pass. Flash drives and the like as well as new softare will replace them.

Can't keep up.

Alan