Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
360 vr video 5.7K
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
I am experimenting with the Yi 360 vr 5.7K camera.

Will powerdirector 16 handle the 5.7 resolutions?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 04. 2018 22:00

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi acg -

The short answer is YES, but if the video is stitched at best quality it has a video bitrate of 317Mbps... so PDR might import it and play it back, but your PC might struggle to get it to play smoothly.

Mine just did with this original sample video. It works fine GoPro VR Player if the decoder is set to Windows Media Foundation.

So YES, with a rider.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
acg [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Jan 04, 2011 20:47 Messages: 275 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi acg -

The short answer is YES, but if the video is stitched at best quality it has a video bitrate of 317Mbps... so PDR might import it and play it back, but your PC might struggle to get it to play smoothly.

Mine just did with this original sample video. It works fine GoPro VR Player if the decoder is set to Windows Media Foundation.

So YES, with a rider.

Cheers - Tony

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I just built a (power) computer.

Intel 8700K processor

2 M.2 1TB each SSD drives where W10 OS resides with raid

8TB storage

GEFORCE GTX 1080Ti Nvidia grap;hics card

Asus Essence STX ii 7.1 sound card

Corsair cooler

on a 1TB network

I did stitch the 2 videos at the highest quality - and you are right it produces massive files.

I think the computer build should handle it.

Alan