Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 12 creating a Disk Menu- Root Directory only and changing thumbnail size?
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create a new DVD menu for a video we made for work. I do not want sub menues, just a root menu with the 4 chapters we are using for the disk. Is this possible?

Can you change the size of the thumb nail shown? It is too small to show the image we are have choosen from each chapter. Why did they design the thumbnails to be smaller than the screen you are picking an image from?

Thanks,
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
No. You must upgrade to PD13 for the no root menu feature. Thumbnails can be any size you want.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 09. 2015 15:55

[Post New]
OK, thanks. The 2 DVD long video has all been edited in PD 12. It is my understanding from prior verisions of this software that you cannot move a project from one edition to the other? (I started with edition 8...) We are not going to re-edit 50 hours of footage for this.

Maybe the next project will be done on 13?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD13 is compatitle with PD12 projects. You could download and install the trial of PD13 and see if it suits your needs. What you probably meant to say is that PD projects created with newer versions of PD can't be used in older versions of PD. You should save your PD12 project under a slightly different filename before importing them to PD13. This way you have a backup of PD12 projects should you decide not to buy PD13 after your 30 day trial is over.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2015 01:00

[Post New]
OK, That is a great suggestion. Thanks.