Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Issues with creating own SIMPLE menu with PD13
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to create a one screen menue (No root Menue) with 4 thumbnails and chapters and single color background. I have placed the 4 chapters in my time line, I have chosen the thumbnails from the video, and have tried repeatedly to create a simple menue. My issues are as follows.

The thumbnail look terrible. The are straight from the video? The text has poor resolution even at small font size like 12 point. And my action buttons, forward, stop etc have disappeared when I go to Creat Disc-Burn in 2D?

I have looked at the PD 13 tutorial, but they are changing an existing menue, not creating a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there -

In the PDR13 tutorial, if you skip to about 6:24 it deals with creating a menu from scratch.

The preview of Create Disc is very low resolution & it's not a good indication of the final burn quality.

Your navigation buttons will be shown ONLY if they're needed. If you have no Root Menu, 4 chapters and you've chosen "Play all titles sequentially" in your playback options, theres's no need for any buttons.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
OK, Thanks for your help. Now I understand where the controls went. Still HATE the way PD does Menues! I do not want to use a pre formatted menue for my company's DVDs we sell but making your own takes longer than filming and editing the 2 hour DVD!

Very frustrating...