Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Some .wav files not working after upgrade to PD9? Makes terrible screeching sound!
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I just upgraded from PD 8 to PD 9 this past week. I wanted to add a wav file I can play in Windows and have used many times on my videos. Only when I load it into my media library and then drag it into the Audio track, it makes a terrible screaching sound, and them nothing? What is going on? Any ideas?

OH, yea, I almost forgot, you can play the wav in WaveEditor?

Thanks,

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2011 16:54

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jgaertner -

Well there's a turn up!

We've had various discussions about MP3 files misbehaving...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16688.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/105/16163.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/18735.page

but I don't remember any strange behaviour from WAV files being reported.

The file plays correctly:
outside PD?
in the Media Library?
in Wave Editor?
... but not in the timeline? Have I understood properly?

Could you please post the offending file here as an attachment for others to test?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
The file will open in the audio editor software that came with PD 9. I just 'saved as" again... into my file folder and PD 9 allowed it to import OK. But what a pain. The file works just fine on Windows Media Player. It worked in all my PD 8 productions (it is music I purchased, so I am not inclined to upload it here).

No idea why it will not work as normal from the windows file folder?

John

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Fair enough John -

Nobody here wants to "steal" your purchased track. It's just that it may have a particular property that is causing the issue.

Though it should be absolutely unnecessary, try "converting" it to WAV with FormatFactory or in iTunes. Sometimes this can normalise a troublesome file.

Are other WAV files giving you the same grief?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!