Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audio not in synch with video after editing?
jgaertner1@earthlink.net [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 08, 2010 10:15 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I am trying to work on a new video for work. I have PD 11 build 3220. Using HP laptop with Windows 7.

For some reason after putting the video segments together on my time line the audio is ahead of the video on play back/review? I have cleared my cache prior to working on this project.

I have checked, and the individual clips do not show any signs of not being in synch on playback. This problem only happens after they have been placed in the time line and edited for lead in and lead out cuts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2013 14:36

borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Two things to try...
Lower the preview resolution, to less the strain on resources.

If the audio format is Mp3, convert it to WAV prior to laying it back onto the time line.

For analysis, a diagnostic file from your PC would be helpful. See the third "sticky" post from the top in this forum, part B...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/24771.page
Attach the results to a follow-up post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2013 14:55

[Post New]
Hello,

I do not have MP3 files, the video source was my digital video camera, I have used at worked for 2 years and I did try dumbing down the video performance, to no affect? Thanks for the link. I have attached my DXDIAG file. No idea what it is about, though?

I tried playing the video clips on Windows Media player and there is no issues there. Also, tried another computer, same problem?

Jgaertner
 Filename
gaertner64DXDIAG.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
462 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
781 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2013 16:55

borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I do not have MP3 files, the video source was my digital video camera, I have used at work for 2 years and I did try dumbing down the video performance, to no affect? Thanks for the link. I have attached my DXDIAG file. No idea what it is about, though?

That file lists your system specs, so folks can analyze it and make suggestions. However, the file you attached is not useful.

Click START button|RUN (or in Windows 8/8.1 click START|SEARCH) and type in "DXdiag" (no quotes).
After it appears, click the SAVE ALL button at the bottom and choose a convenient folder.
Then zip it if possible, or simply attach it to your next post here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15. 2013 21:10

[Post New]
OK, Thanks for the additional instructions. Hopefully, this file will help?

Jgaertner
 Filename
jgaertner-DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
28 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
323 time(s)
[Post New]
Still hoping to hear back from someone on the forum regarding this issue?

I have been using PowerDirector since 8 to 11 now with small issue, all along the way but this is a game stopper and I have to edit videos for my business from time to time.

Jgaernter
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

What video format is your video camera files?
What transitions are you using between the clips when you put them on the timeline?
What is your transition timing? How fast does it switch between clips.

Can you upload a pic of your timeline with the transitions and everything that is causing your audio sync issue?
Also attaching a 5 - 10 second clip of your video for us to try and duplicate the results would help.

Rob
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
[Post New]
Hello,

The clips are straight from my Canon digital video camera in their native MTS format. There are very little transitions used between clips, duration 5 second (default setting) Each clip is roughly 2-3 minutes. Any transition from one clip to another is causing the problem of the audio being out of synch with the video. Just a hard cut, from one shot to the next causes a problem.

I am not able to post this material as it is for commercial use by my firm and copyrighted.

Thanks for your help. It seems this should not be an issue but clearly in reading about PowerDirector 12's problems, it is.

Another Note- I just reloaded Power Director 9 on my Windows 7 machine, re-edited the same MTS files, and there NO synching problem with the video. So it is a problem with Power Director 11 and either the video driver or something else.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 17. 2013 08:29

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Sometimes a badly fragmented hard drive will cause sync issues. First clean your hard drive with something like CCleaner (don;t use the Registry part of it) then run a good quality defragmenter. Windows is OK but slow. Others are better and faster and can "improve" performance by moving files around. Google for a defragmenter.

You could also go here and select a free one. Do the direct download rather than installing the download software.
http://download.cnet.com/best-windows-utilities-apps/?tag=rb_content;main .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Sometimes a badly fragmented hard drive will cause sync issues. First clean your hard drive with something like CCleaner (don't use the Registry part of it) then run a good quality defragmenter.

Defraggler is a choice, from the Piriform folks, who put out CCleaner, though personally I've never been convinced that defragging hypes performance unless fragmentation is excessive. (Above 10%, per Microsoft.) In recent Windows versions defrag can be scheduled to run automatically in the background, so fragmentation never reaches that point.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 17. 2013 11:07

[Post New]
Hello Forum,

Fragmentation of my drive is not the problem. The drive is a Terabyte drive with less than 30% used. When you try to run the defragging softwareon my AVG it says it is not necessary at this time and stops. It has something to do with the PD 11 software.

Jgaertner
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Your dxdiag shows an older video driver v8.94 from 2012

Have you since upgraded to a newer driver?
Some of the AMD threads show only certain drivers are happy playing with PD 11 - others cause issues. So beware.

I have auto-defrag, superfetch & indexing turned off. I find them pointless. (Especially since I am also using an SSD)
PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
This thread underscores RobAC's AMD observations...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/26673.page
[Post New]
I check and according to my system's "check for newer driver" this is the latest driver for this computer. I just took PD 11 off and reinstalled PD 9. I have to get things done, I cannot wait for CyberLink to "maybe" make a patch or fix for PD 11 when they are already onto PD 12 with its own problems. (see PD 12 forum for more details)

Also need to start looking for a different editing software.