Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dafydd, thanks for the quick response and glad to hear that PD5 will be compatible for Vista.
Paula, as the new owner of a JVC Everio hard-drive camcorder myself, I used the PD3 that came with the camera and was amazed at how short amount of time I was able to import the video, edit it and burn it to a dvd. I have Pinnacle Studio 10 which takes forever to load up plus it would constantly freeze up on me, so it was refreshing to find that PD3 didn't take alot of my time. I've since purchased the upgrade PD5 and use it extensively. The other reason I chose to upgrade to PD5 was the incredible technical support I've received. No sooner had I posted a problem on the forum that I got a quick response which so far all issues I've encountered have been resolved within 24 hours or less.
As I'm looking to get a new computer this year with Vista, will my PD5 work with Vista?
Dafydd, while you said a little delay in replying, believe me your support has superceded any support of another brand support. Again you came through with a resolution and I followed each step as you explained and it worked. Another reason I've made PD5 my primary video editing program.
Is there a way in PD5 to add more menu buttons. The current is 4, but I'd like to add more if there is a way I'd like to find out how.
Daffydd, you're excellent troubleshooting or rather detective work paid off and all the steps you gave me was the trick, my PD5 is now working, I can go on to complete my important dvd for my niece.
I must commend you for all your support and getting through my introduction to PD5 and maybe this will help someone else that hopefully doesn't have the same problem as I did.
Thanks again.
Gary
Thanks Dafydd,
I'll do as you suggested. The one thing that I've been impressed with and the reason for purchasing from Cyberlink was the response time for troubleshooting.
Gary
Thanks Dafydd
MikiMouse, I did as you suggested, but when I click on the Smartsound button nothing happens.
Ok as you requested I have Power Director 5.00.2112 Premium.

I did the test as you stated:
1. Selected Aquarium.mpg added it to the timeline.
2. Selected the wand
3. Error received: Smartsound Quicktracks The Stringpak for
"common strings" could not be found in the string database.
4. Clicked on ok
5. Error received: LIBMMGR_CANNOT_OPEN_LIBRARY_DATABASE

This all occurred after I did an update of Quicktracks on the Smartsound
website. Below is the link:
http://www.smartsound.com/support/updates.html?product=cyberlink

I'm a newbie I hope I don't regret buying Powerdirector 5 Premium as I based my purchase decision once I used the trial version. This is frustrating I just want to edit my video (which is my nieces wedding)
and get her a dvd made. Any help is appreciated.
You are correct my JVC camera is a hard disk drive and now I have the video files and have transferred them versus using the capture feature. I've now encountered another problem there was an update for music which I have Smartsound, after doing the update now there are no music clips available when I attempt to use magic music. Prior to the update there was a dropdown list of music clips which included different styles of music. There's 4 buttons (1. Choose style, 2. Choose song, 3. Enter duration, 4. Select a variation and apply to timeline). I unstalled PD5 thinking this would correct this and reinstalled it but this didn't correct the missing music. Any ideas on how to correct this problem?
Well I reinstalled PD Express it doesn't recognize the JVC camera either as to being able to use it to capture the video.
Your quick fingers again have provided a resolution I was able to get into profile and correct my name for the forum.
Thanks for your quick reply I hope there's a resolution as this seems to be a significant one. Also one unrelated question and I realized my profile has my first & last name reversed but there's no way I can find to change this. What do I need to do to correct my profile information.
I just purchased PD5 I wanted to capture video from my new
JVC model GS-MG21U video camera but the only device PD5
shows is an analog microphone. When I select the icon for the
capture from dv device it's greyed out and I can't select this
as the device. I can import video using another program, but
I want to use PD5. Why doesn't it recognize my video camera that
is plugged in to the usb port?
I'd be interested in a response from Cyberlink regarding your posting as I just plunked down my credit card to get the PD 5 premium. I've been using Pinnacle's software but nothing but issues with it mainly time to load the software the endless task of getting a menu that I liked. I got the PD 5 trial version as I got PD with a new JVC digital camcorder and after using the PD trial version it's ease of editing, music addition, affects, I took the plunge to get the full PD 5 version.
I'm a newbie to this forum and have downloaded the trial version of Powerdirector 5 and contemplating purchasing the full version. I do have some concerns and that is when I downloaded the trial version I was prompted to disable im, pop blockers, disable all security programs. Why? this is the only software where there was such an extreme requirement just download the trial version. The other thing the trial version was to include some menu templates which weren't included. I have been using Pinnacle Studio 10 plus but dissatisfied with the amount of time to start the program and when Power Director 5 came along and I tried the simplicity of the program and being very user friendly I'm still undecided about the full version. I've been reading various issues with the product as well with all the problems is this product really worth the $90?
Go to: