Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Menu Buttons
Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2006 08:09 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way in PD5 to add more menu buttons. The current is 4, but I'd like to add more if there is a way I'd like to find out how.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Is there a way in PD5 to add more menu buttons. The current is 4, but I'd like to add more if there is a way I'd like to find out how.

Hi Gary,
I meant to answer this posting sooner.

Okay, try this "Test" out and see what happens.

1. Open PowerDirector 5
2. Drag "Aquarium.mpg" into the timeline - twice.
2-1. With two clips in the time-line you have room to place 6 chapters.
2-2. I want you to click on the clip in the time line and then click Trim - I want you to take a snapshot next of the clip. Click the Camera icon in trim to capture an image. The image from the time-line will be used later in the TEST.
3. Go to the Chapters icon (left of screen, the icon that looks like two film images on top of each other).
4. Click the icon and one chapter is placed...now set 5 more chapters by moving the slider.
5. Click on Create Disc
6. In Templates the default design shows - Select a different layout - try the template next to it that has white writing.
7. Now I want you to select the Folder icon just above the Templates and select the image snapshot. The default placement is in My Computer/My Works and it is a bmp file.
8. The program now initiates the "Enumerate template data" which is a bit slow.
9. You will now have an increase number of button positions to view and layouts available. Alter the frame display etc. Check out the buttons option - you will see that upto 6 button links are provided and a good number of display variants. Please be aware that the preset default Templates will reset if you go back to the Template section and you will have to repeat the same process just to get back to the multiple button choices.

What I have shown you is a way to get you to create your own background, have a wider button layout and design choices in the Create Disc section of PowerDirector 5 Premium.

Hope the information helped.

Dafydd

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 30. 2006 07:16

Gary [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2006 08:09 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd, while you said a little delay in replying, believe me your support has superceded any support of another brand support. Again you came through with a resolution and I followed each step as you explained and it worked. Another reason I've made PD5 my primary video editing program.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 30. 2006 13:37

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Dafydd, while you said a little delay in replying, believe me your support has superceded any support of another brand support. Again you came through with a resolution and I followed each step as you explained and it worked. Another reason I've made PD5 my primary video editing program.

I try and answer at least two postings... a day. I'm really pleased you immediately found it useful.... I noticed a couple of errors in my instructions... which I'm glad you worked around.

Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
just repositioning this posting.
Dafydd
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I have found that the # of menu buttons available depends on which template you chose.

Pick other templates, then open the 'menu button' pull down.. you will see. I consistently use 6 from a couple of them.

CC