Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've since updated to 12. PDVD still is unable to recognize HDCP when my monitor is set at 2560x1600 - I have a GTX 590 now. However, DVD FAB Media Player does. So it's something to do with 11/12?

Also, after installing an update for 12, it rendered my region player to zero changes, so it's stuffed that up for reading blue-rays. This happened once before in an earlier PDVD incarnation. Neither issue has been fixed.

DVD FAB Media Player does not suffer any of these issues, so I'm sticking with this player.
Same issue for me. I'm also uncomfortable with someone poking around in my computer remotely, despite assurances.

11 was working fine until I couldn't install one of the last updates because it couldn't locate a 'previous version of PDVD'!! WTF! So stupid me trusts 'tech support' and they have me install PDVD9, which is then 'seen' by the update program, which then f&^ks up my region code.

I've had this issue a few years back and I was eventually given some registry process to fix it...but what a drama...now it's happened again! Unbelievable!

I agree with Bran, give me a process for changing the registry.
Yes, I don't know how to disable this. Updating drivers to latest WHQL driver did not help this issue.
Running BD Advisor on both computers show that the Video Connection Type is Digital but 'without HDCP'. However, a dual link connection should be digital. I am able to play blu-ray on computer 1, which is connected via a dual link cable to my 30inch digital monitor...I just have to set the monitor's resolution to 1920x1080. On computer 2 - with GTX 580 - connected to the same monior with a dual link, after setting the res, it still stated can't play protected content.

Please find attached requested files.

Thank you
I have this issue occuring as well. When I first got my Dell 30 inch, the resolution via dual link is 2560x1600. I would get this error message as well - this was running a 480GTX. I also had a 24in Dell HDCP monitor running at 1920x1200. Surprisingly blu-ray would play on this monitor and not the 31inch...until I reduced the resolution to 1920x1080.

Now I have PDVD11 on my other computer running a 580GTX, which hooked up to the same monitors BUT this time, even with reducing the resolution, same error code...still plays on the 24inch...go figure!

Mind you 11 works on my other computer with 480GTX.

In an ideal world, you'd turn something, plug it in, pay for it and it will work. There always seems to be something that doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas on this? If I contact Nvidia, they'll say it's Cyberlink and vice versus I imagine.
Initially, I installed 11 to default, which then uninstalled 10, only to then have it tell me that it was no longer on the system. I searched for 8 Ultra on my drive and installed it okay. Then 10, which did the same thing as 11...uninstalled 8. Next I did 8 again and then installed 10, only I renamed it to ...10 2 - same path to program file. That worked and I then did the same thing for 11.

I tested 11 and it's working okay, except it stops working when playing vob. files from my DNLA. AVCHD files play without a hitch, although a bit choppy. Everything else is fine.

As initially mentioned, I had Ultra 10 installed, so it should have upgraded it...but it didn't. I have Ultra 8, 10 and now 11.

Thanks
tech support wanted a snapshot of the installation error? Umm, this would be a snapshot of my desktop without PDVD11 shortcut. Can't figure out the support behind this?

Anyway, I installed 8 and upgraded to 10, which then uninstalled 8 and failed to install. I then reinstalled 8 and installed 10 to a different directory and it went on...did the same for 11, which is now on.

Now as part of my upgrade, the advertisement said it included a free copy of mediaexpresso. Where is this?

Thank you
Thanks for your commiseration and explanation...CL was a good investment up until blu-ray entered the picture...since then it's been a pain.

I sincerely encourage CL Tech support to regulary monitor the problems that this software repeatedly cause users.
Okay to be more precise...there was a pop-up on my PDVD10 which firstly was about a patch and then this was followed by the upgrade to 11 pop-up ad. I looked at the site and the info - which I believe stated this as I remember thinking I'd like to see this. I closed the site then received another pop-up offering a $5 instant discount - talk about unwanted advertising - which I got sucked into. Now as mentioned in a previous post, I have neither 10 or 11.

So sorry if I misled, not a flyer, but an ad pop-up for an 11 upgrade where this was stated. I didn't save this site as I didn't think I'd have to use it as evidence.

rider: this is what may be causing the confusion: 'Play 2D content in 3D. Apply Truetheater 3D to your DVDs, videos and photos. Relive your content with realism and depth'.

Seen here: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/overview_en_US.html
It was stated on the flyer sent out to me recently.
Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing or WHQL
Yes, yet again another installation upgrade problem...wiped out my PDVD10 and now - as for other members - I need a full version to attempt another installation...but what's to stop it from happening again? 10 was an upgrade as well, so now I need to find an older full installation, in order to upgrade to 10 and then 11.

What should be an easy process, which I wrongly - again - assumed CL would have well sorted out by this release, has turned into yet again an annoying process, which will have me spending my time re-installing, downloading, etc etc.

So I'm left with no PDVD and awaiting CL to provide support...I agree with one of the forum members that CL should provide their own tailored clean-up process, as the amount of time I have also spent in the past searching through the registry for specific PDVD lines to erase, downloading Microsoft clean-up tools, restarting, re-installing has become a joke.

I also agree with another member that a full installation should be provided with the upgrade, for those members of long standing loyalty who have been put through the wringer with this mind-numbing process.

I swore with the last fiasco of this, that I wouldn't get sucked into CL's products again. My fault...I should have listened to myself. I suppose like a lot of other software/technology, when it works it's great, otherwise it's s**t!

In the end, I'd rather watch a blu-ray on my TV using my blu-ray player, which works first time every time.

CL, you really need to get this process worked out, if you want to have any solid reputation in this industry. Make it an easy process for your customers.

Go to: