Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Blu-ray 2D to 3D Conversion
clamps251 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 08:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

I don’t know if it’s just me or is anyone else wondering what happened to the 2D to 3D Blu-ray up scaling that was shown at E3. During the event Cyber link showed off the ability to upscale 2D to 3D Blu-ray discs and advised that it would be included in the release of Power DVD 11 but it isn’t.
Does anyone know why this is and if it will come out in the future because at it stands what is the point in upgrading to Power DVD 11. I must say Cyber Link what at total let down!!!!!
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
as far as I know the CES demo was technology demo.
PowerDVD does not include BD 2D-to-3D transformation and I do not have any info when such feature will be ready to hit the market.

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
alank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: alank@aapt.net.au Joined: Sep 26, 2008 23:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
It was stated on the flyer sent out to me recently.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

can you please forward the flyer to me - by PM if the content is not allowed to be posted in public or was sent to you personally

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
alank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: alank@aapt.net.au Joined: Sep 26, 2008 23:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Okay to be more precise...there was a pop-up on my PDVD10 which firstly was about a patch and then this was followed by the upgrade to 11 pop-up ad. I looked at the site and the info - which I believe stated this as I remember thinking I'd like to see this. I closed the site then received another pop-up offering a $5 instant discount - talk about unwanted advertising - which I got sucked into. Now as mentioned in a previous post, I have neither 10 or 11.

So sorry if I misled, not a flyer, but an ad pop-up for an 11 upgrade where this was stated. I didn't save this site as I didn't think I'd have to use it as evidence.

rider: this is what may be causing the confusion: 'Play 2D content in 3D. Apply Truetheater 3D to your DVDs, videos and photos. Relive your content with realism and depth'.

Seen here: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd/overview_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2011 06:25

clamps251 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 03, 2011 08:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Still not very helpful you showed the program at E3 and it was advertised as power DVD 11 and it’s not just me who through that, a lot of reviewers of your software are scratching their heads just look at the links : http://www.tomshardware.com/news/blu-ray-3d-dvd,11944.html
http://thedigitallifestyle.com/w/index.php/2011/01/07/cyberlink-powerdvd-11-to-include-2d-to-3d-conversion-for-bluray-and-photos
I think Cyber link has been very miss leading with Power DVD 11 could you please pass this on to people higher up in Cyber link and get back to your customers over this isse?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 14. 2011 10:26

[Post New]
Hi,
as stated before the 2D-to-3D feature at CES was a technology demo.

I can understand that you miss 2D-to-3D for BD but this feature was and is not included in current PowerDVD - sometimes features are dropped or not included in final versions becasue of many reasons (quality/stability/usability/...)

You can be sure that your feedback will be heard.

Thanks and Greetings
Michael

BR
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan