Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Installation Upgrade Problem
alank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: alank@aapt.net.au Joined: Sep 26, 2008 23:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, yet again another installation upgrade problem...wiped out my PDVD10 and now - as for other members - I need a full version to attempt another installation...but what's to stop it from happening again? 10 was an upgrade as well, so now I need to find an older full installation, in order to upgrade to 10 and then 11.

What should be an easy process, which I wrongly - again - assumed CL would have well sorted out by this release, has turned into yet again an annoying process, which will have me spending my time re-installing, downloading, etc etc.

So I'm left with no PDVD and awaiting CL to provide support...I agree with one of the forum members that CL should provide their own tailored clean-up process, as the amount of time I have also spent in the past searching through the registry for specific PDVD lines to erase, downloading Microsoft clean-up tools, restarting, re-installing has become a joke.

I also agree with another member that a full installation should be provided with the upgrade, for those members of long standing loyalty who have been put through the wringer with this mind-numbing process.

I swore with the last fiasco of this, that I wouldn't get sucked into CL's products again. My fault...I should have listened to myself. I suppose like a lot of other software/technology, when it works it's great, otherwise it's s**t!

In the end, I'd rather watch a blu-ray on my TV using my blu-ray player, which works first time every time.

CL, you really need to get this process worked out, if you want to have any solid reputation in this industry. Make it an easy process for your customers.

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

So I'm left with no PDVD and awaiting CL to provide support...I agree with one of the forum members that CL should provide their own tailored clean-up process, as the amount of time I have also spent in the past searching through the registry for specific PDVD lines to erase, downloading Microsoft clean-up tools, restarting, re-installing has become a joke.

please contact the technical support - they can provide your clean up tools.

CL, you really need to get this process worked out, if you want to have any solid reputation in this industry. Make it an easy process for your customers.

Sorry for your trouble - unfortunately the current process is necessary because of legal issues with third party royalties and patents.
We try to optimize the process but not all circumstances are under our direct control

BR
Michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
alank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: alank@aapt.net.au Joined: Sep 26, 2008 23:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for your commiseration and explanation...CL was a good investment up until blu-ray entered the picture...since then it's been a pain.

I sincerely encourage CL Tech support to regulary monitor the problems that this software repeatedly cause users.
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear alank,

yes - we monitor and we hear the voices of our customers.

Greetings
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
alank [Avatar]
[Post New]
tech support wanted a snapshot of the installation error? Umm, this would be a snapshot of my desktop without PDVD11 shortcut. Can't figure out the support behind this?

Anyway, I installed 8 and upgraded to 10, which then uninstalled 8 and failed to install. I then reinstalled 8 and installed 10 to a different directory and it went on...did the same for 11, which is now on.

Now as part of my upgrade, the advertisement said it included a free copy of mediaexpresso. Where is this?

Thank you
[Post New]
Hi,

did you install PowerDVD 8 to the default directory?
please provide the info about the used paths
please provide the exact filenames of the upgrade files you own.

for MSX - please check your invoice, for the questions regarding your purchase please use the contact mentioned on the invoice

br

Werde Facebook Fan
alank [Avatar]
[Post New]
Initially, I installed 11 to default, which then uninstalled 10, only to then have it tell me that it was no longer on the system. I searched for 8 Ultra on my drive and installed it okay. Then 10, which did the same thing as 11...uninstalled 8. Next I did 8 again and then installed 10, only I renamed it to ...10 2 - same path to program file. That worked and I then did the same thing for 11.

I tested 11 and it's working okay, except it stops working when playing vob. files from my DNLA. AVCHD files play without a hitch, although a bit choppy. Everything else is fine.

As initially mentioned, I had Ultra 10 installed, so it should have upgraded it...but it didn't. I have Ultra 8, 10 and now 11.

Thanks
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
may i suggest if it would be possible to first check the default folder of the previous version first...

if it is not found there, ask the user to identify the folder of the previous version (because he may have installed it in another folder)...

or ask the user for the installer of the previous version and its keys so we don't have to install the older version if ever we find ourselves re-installing windows from scratch?
[Post New]
Hi,
thanks for the information - I will try to reproduce your issue first, then get in contact with our RD team.

greetings

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi,
can you please download the attached file, extract it and run the EXE - please send the result file to the Forum so I can download

Br
Michael
 Filename
CLTracker.zip
[Disk]
 Description
CL Tracker
 Filesize
150 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
337 time(s)
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Hi,
any updated info you can provide?

we can not reprodcue your issue - please post more and more detailed information

Br

Werde Facebook Fan