Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HDCP Problem with PowerDVD 11 Ultra
Megaace [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 27, 2006 11:17 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PowerDVD 11 Ultra with Blu-rays and Blu-rays 3D without problems since day one, via HTML 1.4 and DVI. Yesterday I connected a second PC to the monitor via VGA to make a backup of my personal data and, while waiting, I started a BD movie on my first PC with DVI as always. Then a message appears: "you need a digital conexion. Check your monitor is HDCP compatible (error code 0110)".
I supposed it was because the VGA cable was inserted but then I have been using only the DVI o HTML cable, I have reinstalled the NVIDIA driver, PowerDVD 11 and PowerDVD 10, and I can't play BDs, allways the same message "check HDCP, code 0110).
But of course my GTX 570 and ACER HN274H monitor are both HDCP compatible, I was using both with PowerDVD until yesterday. Now the NVIDIA panel says both my card and my monitor are HDCP compatible, but the Cyberlink BD advisor says my monitor is NOT HDCP compatible...
I use Windows 7 Home Premium.

How can I fix it? Thanks...

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at May 21. 2011 19:13

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest to remove the D-Sub connection from the Display

Br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Megaace [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, of course, I have unplugged the VGA cable that I was using with other PC, Now I only have one PC connected via HTML o DVI, but always obtain the HDCP error...
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

one thing, it's HDMI not HTML

please post more info:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

maybe your adaptor does not support HDCP/is unstable or VGA driver needs to be updated

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
Megaace [Avatar]
[Post New]
Of course it is HDMI... I was programming in HTML all this week and It seems It has remain in my brain while I was writing here...
And of course my adaptor support HDCP, the Acer HN274H is a new 3D monitor and the GTX 570 is HDCP compatible, and the cable too...

I am starting to think it is a HDCP hardware problem... Because now when I connect the PS3 to a HDMi port of the monitor I obtain a black screen, and It was working well before the problem... and the PS3 checks HDCP when you turn it on...

alank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: alank@aapt.net.au Joined: Sep 26, 2008 23:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I have this issue occuring as well. When I first got my Dell 30 inch, the resolution via dual link is 2560x1600. I would get this error message as well - this was running a 480GTX. I also had a 24in Dell HDCP monitor running at 1920x1200. Surprisingly blu-ray would play on this monitor and not the 31inch...until I reduced the resolution to 1920x1080.

Now I have PDVD11 on my other computer running a 580GTX, which hooked up to the same monitors BUT this time, even with reducing the resolution, same error code...still plays on the 24inch...go figure!

Mind you 11 works on my other computer with 480GTX.

In an ideal world, you'd turn something, plug it in, pay for it and it will work. There always seems to be something that doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas on this? If I contact Nvidia, they'll say it's Cyberlink and vice versus I imagine.
[Post New]
Hi,
please help to post more info:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/16915.page

especially the DXDIAG log and the BD Advisor logs are important

Br

Werde Facebook Fan
alank [Avatar]
Newbie Location: alank@aapt.net.au Joined: Sep 26, 2008 23:19 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Running BD Advisor on both computers show that the Video Connection Type is Digital but 'without HDCP'. However, a dual link connection should be digital. I am able to play blu-ray on computer 1, which is connected via a dual link cable to my 30inch digital monitor...I just have to set the monitor's resolution to 1920x1080. On computer 2 - with GTX 580 - connected to the same monior with a dual link, after setting the res, it still stated can't play protected content.

Please find attached requested files.

Thank you
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DX Diag.
 Filesize
61 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
369 time(s)
 Filename
DEBUG_CLDetect_SAMPSON_2011_06_18_17_27_46.html
[Disk]
 Description
BD Advisor
 Filesize
15 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
764 time(s)
 Filename
cyberlink.txt
[Disk]
 Description
requested info and problem in more detail
 Filesize
2 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
397 time(s)
[Post New]
Hi,
suggest to disable SLI and try again.

Please also make sure to use newer driver for your 5xx - the driver seems to be pretty old

Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2011 05:33

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
How would know alank is having SLI?
alank [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, I don't know how to disable this. Updating drivers to latest WHQL driver did not help this issue.
Lois [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2013 12:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I know all this talk is from 2011, but I am in 2013 and 11 isn't even recognizing that I have a blue ray in the drive!!

There is something screwed with 11, and I am just wondering if it doesn't have something to do with, 13 coming out!!!
alank [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've since updated to 12. PDVD still is unable to recognize HDCP when my monitor is set at 2560x1600 - I have a GTX 590 now. However, DVD FAB Media Player does. So it's something to do with 11/12?

Also, after installing an update for 12, it rendered my region player to zero changes, so it's stuffed that up for reading blue-rays. This happened once before in an earlier PDVD incarnation. Neither issue has been fixed.

DVD FAB Media Player does not suffer any of these issues, so I'm sticking with this player.
Lois [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2013 12:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
11 was working fine until they sent me an update, installed the update and it hasn't worked since. I have been going back and forth for over two weeks with Cyberlink help. They finally gave me a new version of 11. I uninstalled the prior one and installed the new one, still doesn't work.

I am hell bent that they should fix this, I paid for the software and it was there update that messed it up.

I do not have an HDCP problem. According to their BD advisor, I have everything I need to play Blue Rays. The software just isn't working.