Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I too have experienced this issue all too often I regret to say. There is nothing you can do and Cyberlink Support will tell you to "re-install the program" or "try to create your project again". I know this is not the answer you wanted to hear, but if you have little time better to know so you can begin again. My advise to you to reduce the number of crashes and broken files is to work slowing, never click on more than one thing at a time, wait for each operation to finish before doing the next one. Also, use the "Save As" feature and make multiple copies of your project along the way. Then, if you get a broken file you will have one to go back to. Good luck.
I applied the patch for users who were unable to open the project file. Afterward, PDR5 would not even start up, complaining of an error in the module that was the patch. I fell back the patch and PDR5 will now start up again.

However, the File Broken problem continues and I have not received a response from CL tech support on my inquiry submitted on 1/9/2006.
Ok, thanks for the clarification Dafydd.

What about the patch in the download area dated 2006-08-02 that says "This patch only applies to end-users who couldn't open the PowerDirector project file (.pds)".

Do you believe that this patch is a fix for the "broken file" problem?
Hello.

There is currently a patch in the download area dated 2006-08-02 that says "This patch only applies to end-users who couldn't open the PowerDirector project file (.pds)".

It doesn't say that its for the "File Broken" problem. Is it possible that this will fix it? I am hesistant to apply any patches that aren't specific to a specific problem.

D Bevan - SoftDeko UK has stated that a patch is forthcoming for the "File Broken" problem.

I submitted a Tech Support inquiry on this problem.

However, I awas unable to generate the DxDiag.txt file with the following instructions.

system file (Dxdiag): Windows Explorer --> C:\Program Files --> DirectX --> setup --> Dxdiag --> press "save all information" --> "DxDiag.txt" file created.

I looked in the C:\Program Files directory and there is nothing named DirectX.

I have scanned my hard drive looking for a Dxdiag file, and I found "dxdiag.exe" in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory.

Therefore, I did the following and was able to create the file:
Start --> Run --> Dxdiag --> press "save all information" --> Save as "DxDiag.txt"
When am I supposed to do the following?:
system file (Dxdiag): Windows Explorer --> C:\Program Files --> DirectX --> setup --> Dxdiag --> press "save all information" --> "DxDiag.txt" file created.

After I get the File Broken message?
I have editted and produced dozens of videos with PD5 and have had pretty good luck with all them until recently when the problem described in this topic happened to me. The particular project was similar in size to many others I have done in the past.

The size of the MPG video file I was working with is 1,924,270MB. I had a few dozen transistions (mostly Fades), titles and 7-10 smartsound clips inserted in the video.

Not sure how this will help CL Tech Support.
Yes, it also worked for me. I should have updated this forum that it had worked.
There is a fix available for this. It is available in the download section on the Cyberlink home page.
How does your PowerProducer 3 work for this? Do you open or import the .PDS project file you created with PowerDirector? And what about the chapters, does it recognize the chapters you created? Can you describe the process you use in PowerProducer to create menus and burn after you are done with capturing, editing and producing in PowerDirector?
Hi Peterson,

Thanks, I'll try that. I have SONIC DigitalMedia Plus v7 (aka MyDVD Plus). In my produced movie project, I have several chapters. If I import the produced file, will the chapters be there? I will try it. Thanks.
Or another question I would have, if I was to purchase PowerProducer 3 to do this, how do I do it? Does PowerProducer open .PDS files created by PowerDirector?
I recently purchased PowerDirector 5 and am having the same issue. I don't have PowerProducer 3 and would prefer not to purchase another product to something that the product I have should do. Assuming that Cyberlink will fix this or re-introduce this feature in PowerDirector, can any burn software be used in the meantime to accomplish this?
I am a bit confused and concerned now.

1) I finally received a reply to my Tech Support inquiry for this problem. An excerpt of their response is shown here:

"In regard to your issue, we apologize for the inconvienence you have encountered so far while using the software.
However as such we do not have any update from the Product Development Department regarding the resolution to your problem so if you want to opt for the refund then below is the link : . . . . "

2) Then, meanwhile, I receive a private message from user "Moore" in this forum and a separate email from moore_liu@goCyberlink.com containing an attachment with a file name DIEGO.dll and instructions to replace the original file located in C:\Program Files\Cyberlink\PowerDirector\

Can I trust this?
I used Microsoft PowerPoint and created a black .jpg file that I use at the begining of a clip to "fade from black". To "fade to black" at the end (or middlle) of a clip, I put a fade transisition at the end of the clip and inserted a blank title slide (no text) at the end of clip and set the duration to continue beyond the end of the clip.
I too am experiencing this problem. I purchased PowerDirector 5 about a month ago and have invested dozens of hours capturing, editing and producing all of my old VHS and Digital 8mm videos. Now I'm ready to burn and the SmartSound music is not present on the DVD's I burn.

Strange thing is that is appears that the SmartSound background music is present on the produced file, but is not present when the burned DVD is played back.

I reported this to Tech Support over a week ago and have not received a response despite several requests for a status.
Go to: