Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fade from Black
Charles [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pa Joined: Jul 29, 2006 17:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
When I start a movie I would like to fade from black into the video clip then at the end of the clip I would like to fade into black to end the movie. How can I do this with PD 5 Thanks
Barry
Senior Member Location: N Attleboro, MA Joined: Jul 13, 2006 19:57 Messages: 295 Offline
[Post New]
One of my first hurdles I overcame. You can take a digital picture of a black sheet of paper, or even just block the lens to create a black file. Insert it into the timeline and, viola! I believe you can do this with the color palette also, but this will work. Join/SignUp to SeeMyWorldOnVideo. We're PowerDirector Video Editors. Are you a member? - JOIN TODAY!
Charles [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Pa Joined: Jul 29, 2006 17:14 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thank's that will get the job done.

Seems strange that PD5 doesn't have a function built in to do this. Fade to black being a most common movie transition technique. Is there a feature to do list for PD5 here somewhere.

In Sony Vegas, along the video timeline where there is no video clip back appears so when you drag your opening clip into the timeline you move it to the right just alittle to leave some blank area and there you have it a fade from black into your clip... You do the same thing when you want to fade to black. Having lots of special effects and transitions is great when you need them but how could they miss a fade to black in PD5. ?
Agosta [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Atlanta Joined: Jul 30, 2006 10:23 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
I used Microsoft PowerPoint and created a black .jpg file that I use at the begining of a clip to "fade from black". To "fade to black" at the end (or middlle) of a clip, I put a fade transisition at the end of the clip and inserted a blank title slide (no text) at the end of clip and set the duration to continue beyond the end of the clip.
sonofacuban [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Los Angeles CA USA Joined: Jul 29, 2006 00:23 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
The same can be achieved with a color board from power director, Pick your color, slip it in to your timeline, choose to fade in or out or any transition works great.

Hope this allso helps,
Frank
Bora [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 02, 2006 20:09 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
I used microsoft paint. Cretaed a square (the size of the resolution of your monitor), filled with color black, then save as jpeg. Import that picture into your project, use the 'fade' transition. Worked really well for me.
Petersen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Klaus Petersen Joined: Jun 23, 2006 14:35 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Bora,

I followed your suggestion. It works extremely well and took less than two minutes.

Thank you.
Med venlig hilsen,

Klaus
Big Al [Avatar]
Newbie Location: New Zealand Joined: Jul 26, 2006 15:06 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I found the answer to this. O downloaded and printed out the manual all 248 pages and on P70 it talks about colour boards. You get fades here. Blessings,
Al