Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I've found one specific problem when upgrading from pd8 to pd10:
If you open pd8 project in pd10 , your custom magic motion trajectories get broken.
I have reported this to CL. I hope they will fix it, for the sake of all customers that did not upgrade yet (and wanted to).

I have upgraded to pd10 so that I finally could render my projects in h264 (though only 1080i), something that was due to my 720p movie files impossible (as if CL did not test PD8 for such a resolution).
I have purchased PD10 UPGRADE , 1129b. I have also tried to reinstall it, changed video drivers.

I have also posted several tickets to tech support + uploaded project and video files to my web as a reference. DOn't know if that is for any good, if it is being processed or if someone on the other side has simulate issies with my projects/files. All I get from tech support is "update your computer", send us "log file" (but there was no crash),.. we will see..

by the way..
After upgrade from PD8 besides other things I had to reset all my panning trajectories (magic motion). The zooming was wayoff.
Strange thing also.. after upgrade my BDAV streams were main profile, then I reinstalled PD10 (without first having to install PD and suddenly they begun to be HIGH profile. (mediainfo discovery) But that did not change this thread's problem occurance.
I am also having issues with producing h264 streams (with produce as well as through burning avchd/bluray).
For one of my projects there was about 90% chance that the freeze occured at the same time.
For other projects there was about 70% chance that the freeze occured at least once, but not at the same time.
As was mentioned elsewhere, comparing stream file size helps a lot.
The freezing happens on begin or somewhere in the middle of a scene, and the freezed frame stays until next scene is "loaded". Music is present, even text overlay objects are present, but scene video freezed. No matter what hw/sw choices I check or uncheck, no change. It happens even if let the computer untouched for the time of rendering. Hmm.. I think with lower percentage of fail, indeed.
For me as a programmer, is looks like "unhandled function call return value" issue. Like it or not, even for video editing apps the truth is it should complete the job without errors in final time, if it is correctly programmed. Everything else is a bug.

I have upgraded from PD8, because for my lumix TZ7 files there were problems rendering bluray/avchd disc in PD8 (crashes, error boxes, etc.). I spent 10 days rendering my BDAV movies for my bluray disc. (when I produce h264 files, they are not recognized as correct streams in other apps.). Even for that I am happy, it is finished now.
I think I read somewhere else on this forum that 64bit os is a no go for this app.

Maybe the native calls to ntdll.dll are hardcoed as 32bit data types, but in 64bit os these calls must be with 64bit data types.

but that is only my guess.
And besides, I have problems exporting my movies in bigger than SD resolution. I[img]'ll give it a few try-outs today, maybe it will change its stubborness.
I see these options, but the question is, why there is no option to burn in original resolution 1280x720.
I have camery that does 720 AVCHDlite video clips.
Editing is fun and mostly no problem, but exporting in current and previous version a no go..

But that's another toppic.

I can export all my edited titles to 720p (custom profile) in mpeg2 or h264,
but I cannot compile a disc neither as avchd or blu-ray in this resolution. There is no profile for it.

(I've tried higher resolutions, but somehow transition effects and power tools keep crashing application when resizing video)

Is it somehow possible to activate 720p profile as bluray or avchd disc compilation (in other similar software it is possible) ???

Video clips are only 720p, so when not many images are used in a title, using 720p profile could save some disc space for more titles on one disc.

I've tried to export all movies to 720p and then use them in nerovision (9) , but smart encoding will not use video streams (audio streams are recognized-audio has fewer parameters maybe), so it's not a good way (another reencoding will not help me)
Go to: