Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to 720p AVCHD or BLU-RAY disc ?
Miroslav Durcik [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe Joined: Jul 08, 2010 16:40 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have camery that does 720 AVCHDlite video clips.
Editing is fun and mostly no problem, but exporting in current and previous version a no go..

But that's another toppic.

I can export all my edited titles to 720p (custom profile) in mpeg2 or h264,
but I cannot compile a disc neither as avchd or blu-ray in this resolution. There is no profile for it.

(I've tried higher resolutions, but somehow transition effects and power tools keep crashing application when resizing video)

Is it somehow possible to activate 720p profile as bluray or avchd disc compilation (in other similar software it is possible) ???

Video clips are only 720p, so when not many images are used in a title, using 720p profile could save some disc space for more titles on one disc.

I've tried to export all movies to 720p and then use them in nerovision (9) , but smart encoding will not use video streams (audio streams are recognized-audio has fewer parameters maybe), so it's not a good way (another reencoding will not help me)
Stephan [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Jul 04, 2010 16:20 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
I am using 1280x720 movie files, and they burn perfectly to AVCHD format 1080x1920

I see no reason why this option is not available in your situation?
Miroslav Durcik [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Bratislava, Slovakia, Europe Joined: Jul 08, 2010 16:40 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I see these options, but the question is, why there is no option to burn in original resolution 1280x720.
Miroslav Durcik [Avatar]
[Post New]
And besides, I have problems exporting my movies in bigger than SD resolution. I[img]'ll give it a few try-outs today, maybe it will change its stubborness.
shotput55 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 06, 2011 09:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
How to burn 720p (or other compatible format) Blu-ray discs with Powerdirector 8 without Rerendering

1) Normally the “burn-to-file” option in Powerdirector 8 is not available for burning Bluray discs. You have to change that. This is shown here: http://cyberlink.video-intern.com/thread.php?postid=6825 (Sorry, this is in german, somebody should perhaps translate that). You have to change this at your own risk! I had no problems doing this modification and burn to file for Blurays is now enabled.
2) You have to change files in Bluray disc structures manually. But before doing so, you should be sure to keep the sum of all video file lengths below 23 – 24 Gbyte
3) Load a single HD-file (of your selected files) in powerdirector, cut and save only the first 2 Minutes as a separate 1080i file. Repeat with all selected files
4) Load all short files in the authoring programme of Powerdirector, do your authoring and keep in mind the correct sequence of files. Burn to file in for example a folder named “Temp” on your hard disc
5) Use freeware programme TSMUXER to create a bluray folder for each of your original files and burn to folder “Temp 0”, “Temp 1”, etc. Normally TSMuxer will not do re-Rendering for compatible files. Before burning switch to Slider “Blu-Ray” in TSMuxer and set “0” in both fields on the right side for first video, “1” for second video, etc.
6) Now you have to rework the Blu-ray folder, created by Powerdirector. Exchange the “0000”, “0001”, etc Stream files with the files in the different Folders created by TSMuxer. Do the same with the CLIPINF and PLAYLIST files and don’t forget these Subfolders in Folder “Backup”
7) Now you can burn the changed Bluray file structure to BluRay discs with i.e. PowertoGo vers. 6. Try to burn to a BD-RE first to check whether every change was made correctly. I was able to play this Bluray disc in PowerDVD 9 and the discs was also identified as blu-ray disc in my stand-alone LG Blu-ray player and played without any problem.

Have fun!