Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I'm trying to determine whether the problem I'm experiencing is due to burning errors with PD9 or defective disks. I burned several blu-ray disks with AVCHD video. They initially worked fine but now several months later the disks are no longer playable on my PS3. When they are played on my computer the video breaks up and is mostly all green. I'm using RiData 4X BD-Rs. It seems that they might be defective disks. Has anyone else experienced this problem or have any advice on what is causing this problem? Thanks!
Contact Dell Tech support and they can send you the correct software disk and give you the link to download the software online.
I'm experiencing the same problem again. Double clicking the MCL file or the three files that you listed only temporarily solves the problem.
The only two WMC plug-ins that I use are for Netflix and Photoshop Elements 8. No other app seemed to have taken over the PowerDVD MCL file. Disabling or deleting these other programs does not solve the problem.

I also noticed that the above solution (or simply double clicking the MCL file) only temporarily corrects this problem. The user might have to re-apply this solution every time they turn on their computer. It seems that a software bug in WMC (or recent Microsoft updates to it) or PowerDVD is conflicting with the MCL file causing WMC to crash when attempting to use the WMC version of PowerDVD.
Search for the PowerDVDCinema10 file (the MCL file and not the application file above it) in Windows Explorer which is located in the PowerDVD sub-folder named PowerDVD Cinema. Right click the file with your mouse and select "open with." Then, select Windows Media Center which should be listed under recommended programs.

Picture of file location is attached.
I also had this problem but I just discovered a solution.

Search for the PowerDVDCinema10 file (the MCL file and not the application file above it) in Windows Explorer which is located in the PowerDVD sub-folder named PowerDVD Cinema. Right click the file with your mouse and select "open with." Then, select Windows Media Center which should be listed under recommended programs.

I wish CyberLink paid it's customers for solving problems that their tech support is unable to resolve. LOL
I'm seeing virtually no GPU activity with my ATI 4870 graphics card when all three GPU options are turned off. Using version 2504 of PowerDirector 9, burning a 5 minute movie to a blu-ray folder using AVCHD footage took 7:05 to render with hardware encoding (burning options) and only 3:19 without hardware encoding.

When I enable the APP and GPU options under preferences and GPU processing under burning options, I notice substantial GPU processing activity. However, the GPU processing activity always randomly stops and returns to zero and the burning process stops. I also notice that the program crashes often and the video stutters while reviewing the movie once the second video file starts to play (when APP and GPU processing are selected in preferences). Therefore, I disable all three GPU processing options. I'm not sure if APP is compatible with the ATI 4000 series. I'm curious how PowerDirector 9 works with ATI 5000 and 6000 series cards.
Thanks! Would installing it in the (x86) folder cause problems with producing files/burning disks?
I noticed that PowerDirector 9 Ultra installs under the Windows Programs folder and not the Windows Programs (x86) folder. Is this an error since I thought 64-bit programs must be installed under the Windows Programs (x86) folder under Windows 7 Home Premium?
The Cinema Mode works fine but opening Power DVD with the WMC application does not work.
MCE plug-ins - Netflix and Adobe Photoshop Elements 8

What's the 2ft UI?
The most recent version: PowerDVD 10 Ultra ver. 2429.
I'm unable to use PowerDVD 10 Ultra in Windows 7 Media Center. Clicking the CyberLink PowerDVD shortcut in Windows 7 Media Center causes the application to lock up and crash. I can only use the application when I double click the PowerDVDCinema10.exe file in the PowerDVD Cinema sub-folder in the PowerDVD folder in windows explorer. I re-installed the software several times as described in other forum postings and it has not corrected the problem (corrected problem involving the resetting of Blu-ray region code changes to 0 and the inability to play movies). I believe that one of the Windows updates last week applied to Windows Media Center/Player and might have caused this problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Many users of PD 9 version 2504 are reporting problems using hardware acceleration with AMD graphics cards. I have to turn off all hard acceleration options to produce video files and to burn Blu-rays. I also noticed that PD 9 ver. 2504 is faster with hardware acceleration turned off than ver. 2330a with hardware acceleration turned on. It seems that there is a conflict between PD 9 and AMD drivers.

I tried burning a blu-ray disk to a folder using version 2504 with all the hardware acceleration options turned off in preferences and the final output box and it worked. In addition, the rendering time seems to be much faster turning off all hardware acceleration options in ver. 2504 than version 2330a with all the options turned on. Burning a blu-ray disk to a folder took 7:11 to complete a movie 8:45 in length with menus while ver. 2330a took 10:30 to complete the same task with hardware acceleration. It seems all the hype about hardware acceleration is actually worse using ATI graphics cards with PD 9.

The video quality also seems much better using ver. 2504 with hardware acceleration turned off. One video clip I have of a moving ferry is stuttering/ghosting when produced with ver. 2330a with hardware acceleration on but renders fine with ver. 2504 with hardware acceleration turned off.
Ok! I might have to try that if I can gather the strength to install ver. 2504 again. I wasted too much time on it already! LOL

I can't produce anything with ver. 2504 even if I turn off hardware encoding in the final output box. I noticed that the Catalyst Control Center card activity monitor remains in the 5-7% range in ver. 2330a but averaged 50-70% in ver. 2504 until PD stopped producing the video file/burning to folder.
Since updating from version 2330a to 2504, I am unable to produce video files and to create Blu-ray disks (burn to folder) using AVCHD video files and ATI 10.12 drivers. The burning hangs up at various points after the creation of the disk menus (after 21%). Using AMD's Catalyst Control Center, I notice that the card activity drops down to zero when the burning hangs up. The problem occurs whether or not the enable hardware video encoder option in the final output box is selected. The card activity monitor in Catalyst Control Center indicates that the hardware video encoder is being used even if the enable hardware video encoder option is not selected. I did not experience this problem creating video files or burning disks to folders in version 2330a. However, the Catalyst Control Center card activity monitor rarely increases above 0% when the enable hardware video encoder option in the final output box is selected in version 2330a. Thus, it seems that there is a conflict with ATI Catalyst drivers and the 2504 update. I recommend that users of AMD graphics cards avoid the 2504 update until Cyberlink corrects this problem.
Yes, the original footage is 1080i AVCHD with x.v.Color. PD 8 permitted the selection of both but PD 9 doesn't.
Thanks! I finally got it to work again by reinstalling the software after removing all PowerDirector registry entries.

Does anyone know why PD 9 doesn't allow selecting both x.v.Color and enable hardware video encoder when burning to Blu-ray/AVCHD disk or burning to folder?
Go to: