Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blu-Ray burn to folder
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
The Blu-Ray burn to folder checkmark option is GRAY (has always). I never explain myself why CL can’t enabled the BD burn to folder option and cant figured out why still there if we always have to crack it in the register. Original crack http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7880.page#32381 .It works in PD8 and in PD9 beta, but now CL has change the register and doesn’t work anymore in final release of PD9.

1. Who was the original cracker member that found out?
2. Can you find the new crack? I have try a lot of combinations without success.
3. CL if you don’t what to create a BD folder, why just doesn’t eliminate that checkmark from the program? Why still there in gray?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Works fine, 32bit word.

Jeff
NicolasNY
Senior Contributor Location: Caracas Joined: Sep 28, 2008 17:49 Messages: 805 Offline
[Post New]
Again, another 32bit vs. 64bit. Doesn’t work here. Register different. Good for you. Bad for us with 64b. But still doesn’t know why CL has that checkmark if we can't use it. I want to see a new young hacker to hack PD, but its not going to happen because PD is a senior program, not for young’s jajajja let me see if a wakeup someone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 21:52

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I have win7 64-bit.

Jeff
NicolasNY
[Post New]
Jeff can you send your register settings?

And.. asking the same question: Why CL doent eliminate that checkmark if never is going to work for the normal user and not have to be hacked?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 21:59

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Nicolas,

Here is my registry settings:
[Thumb - BDMV Folder.PNG]
 Filename
BDMV Folder.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
205 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
256 time(s)

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
NicolasNY
[Post New]
I must do something wrong and now it’s working, but the question is still on the way:
WHY ALL NEED TO DO THAT?
WHY WE HAVE TO CRACK IT?
WHY CL JUST DOESNT DISSAPEARS THAT CHECKMARCK IF DOESNT WHAT TO BE WORKING?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 22:19

[Post New]
Well, if you want it to work..Kevin shows the way!
If not...pretend it isn't there.
Do you burn a lot of Blu-Ray disks/folders?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 22:22

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Nicolas,

The answer to your question was in this post:
WHY NEED TO DO THAT?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7880.page#32381

This was the quote from Dafydd:

Andrew is correct in his statement. "..the fact that PD8 has this feature disabled as standard is because Cyberlink have to produce it that way, or they would get into trouble with Sony and all the partners of the blu-ray federation or whatever they're called. That info is straight from Cyberlink themselves when Dafydd pressed them on it at my request - thanks Dafydd."

Kevin
NicolasNY
[Post New]
thanks Fred. What i really what to know why is the checkmarck is there if never have working.

Conclusion:
WHY IS THE BD BURN TO FOLDER CHEKCMARK STILL THERE?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 22:29

Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Nicolas,

See above statement
NicolasNY
[Post New]
SO CL TAKE THAT CHECKMARCK OUT OF THE PROGRAM
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin..that explanation and edit works for me. Now I am buying a Blu-ray disk
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fred, since you have waited this long might as well wait a couple of months more and get the BDXL Blu-ray, 100GB in tripple layer and 128GB in quad layer and ALREADY supported by PD9.

Jeff
NicolasNY
[Post New]
As always the oldest get sidetracked.! LOL. Why is the burn to folder checkmark still there if doesn’t work? Are some of you defending CL in this one?. I will if give me a reasonable answer
[Post New]
Yes...for about $100 more for the new drive and another hundred for the disks

If I wait another 6 months, I can have 500GIG...6 more and probably a TeraByte on a 2" disk...LOL

But yes, I did see the support for the new formats in PD9...nice!
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Fred, since you have waited this long might as well wait a couple of months more and get the BDXL Blu-ray, 100GB in tripple layer and 128GB in quad layer and ALREADY supported by PD9.

Fred....Jeff has a point!

Now Nicholas.....you are confusing me!
Why is the burn to folder checkmark still there if doesn’t work?

What are you saying exactly? I have burned to a Blu-Ray folder using PD8 & PD9 using the instructions to activate burning to folder, before ultimately burning to Blu-Ray Disc. So what doesn't work? Once the registry is modified with the new entry...the folder then becomes a selectable option....you then Burn to folder.....the project then burns to the folder.....

What doesn't work exactly?

Apparently is doesn't work on your sytem? Be specific....did you make the registry modification? did the folder become a selectable option? Did you attempt to burn to folder? Which step didn't work for you?

Kevin
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Or, if the registry modification doesn't work, maybe apply a little Schtuum. Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips
Robert2 S
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Apr 22, 2009 05:57 Messages: 1461 Offline
[Post New]
Kevin are you running 32 or 64 bit. I just tried to add an entry in my registry (Win7 64bit) and it didn't work.

I notice that you entered a new Reg_DWord entry. In my registry DWord is for 32 bit and QWord is for 64 bit.

EDIT====If I use the DWord 32 bit it works even though I am using Win7 64bit and PD 64 bit, strange!!

Thanks

Robert2 S

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2010 23:34

My youtube channel====> http://www.youtube.com/user/relate2?feature=mhsn
[Post New]
Make sure the DWORD value is "Hexidecimal"

Use 32 BIT even on 64BIT Windows 7...just did it on mine!