Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What a lot of info you have provided Dafydd, I thank you very much.
It will keep me out of mischief for some while digesting the contents. Methinks indexed printed copies will make future referencing easier.

Regards Hummingbird
I am struggling to find my way around the labyrinth of Video /DVD production. Try as I might the aged brain cell does not work when it is required.
I get confused at different terms used and am unsure in which direction I am going.
In my mind PD8 is wonderful but it does not respond in the ways I expect it should and I'm sure this is just ignorance on my part.
I have come to the conclusion I am in need of an 'Idiots Guide to making a DVD from Video files'.
Does any body know if such a publication exists please?

Your help and understanding will be valuable.

Hummingbird
Having at last produced a project incorporating some of Power Directors effects and also adding music I tried to burn a DVD.
All was well until the 'Progress' bar reached about 40%. I think the time elapsed was around 1hr and time remaining about 1.5 hrs. At this point I went away for 5 or so minutes. On returning I had a window saying 'Burning unsuccessful eEB130581.
Progress was showing 92%, time elapsed was 01-07-00 time remaining 00-02-00.
20mins later time elapsed was 01-27-00 time remaining 00-00-01 and Progress was still 92%.
At this point I removed the DVD. There was a band of apparant data on the disc so I tried it in my player but got the message 'Disc could not be identified.
My file format was MPEG-2 Quality DVD HQ and Format PAL.
I'm reluctant to try again with the probable chance of wasting a new disc without getting some advice.

Any help will be much appreciated
Hummingbird
Thank you Jeff
I was trying to work from the timeline using 'split audio' and not getting on very well.
Now all is fine
Regards Hummingbird
My Canon Legria HF200 produces two types of files. .mts and .cpi
I am unable to ascertain which of these is the audio content as my audio editor software ignores both.
I am simply trying to amplify the audio from one clip. Presumably I need to convert from one type of file to an acceptable alternative.
Your help will be appreciated.

Hummingbird
As I believe I should, every so often I update my 'Save Project' so that in the event of a disaster all is not lost.
Periodically I go into Fix/Enhance and both Stabilise and Enhance Video and then click 'Apply to all'
While I was waiting for the last lot to update, I started wondering if in fact I was Stabilising and Enhancing again and again and again all my earlier saved projects to a point of 'distortion'.
If this is the case can you please tell me how I can undo the multiple fixes.

Regards Hummingbird
Thank you both.
I am new to these things and still 'finding my feet'.

Hummingbird
I have some 'Non Smartsound' music in .wav format that I would like to use on my new project.
Can you tell me please how I can incorporate it into my Music Track.
Your help will be much appreciated.

Regards Hummingbird
Sorted Dafydd
I had expected to find them in the Edit screen.
Regards Hummingbird
Thanks for your reply Dafydd.
I'm working in 16:9 ratio.
I'm in windows vista and don't appear to have a 'documents and settings'
When requested to download I directed the files to my user/xxxx/video/PD Projects folder. It was from there I got the ’The menu template was successfully installed and is now ready to use’ message.
This is the second attempt today at asking this question. When I received an e mail to say there was an answer before, I clicked on the link but got a message ‘The topic you are trying to see does not exist’.

My question:-
When I downloaded a template from Director Zone I went as suggested to the file and double clicked it. I received the message ’The menu template was successfully installed and is now ready to use’ however when I go into PD there is no sign of it.
Do you have any ideas where it might be please?
Thanking you in anticipation
Hummingbird
I am trying to use some of the Title templates I have downloaded from PD.
I find them in the location I selected for download and double click as I am told.
I receive the message "The menu template was successfully installed and is now ready for use." But where are they?
When I go into the Title Room they are not there.
Any help you can give will be gratefully received.

Hummingbird

Go to: