Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning problems
Hummingbird [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2010 06:22 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Having at last produced a project incorporating some of Power Directors effects and also adding music I tried to burn a DVD.
All was well until the 'Progress' bar reached about 40%. I think the time elapsed was around 1hr and time remaining about 1.5 hrs. At this point I went away for 5 or so minutes. On returning I had a window saying 'Burning unsuccessful eEB130581.
Progress was showing 92%, time elapsed was 01-07-00 time remaining 00-02-00.
20mins later time elapsed was 01-27-00 time remaining 00-00-01 and Progress was still 92%.
At this point I removed the DVD. There was a band of apparant data on the disc so I tried it in my player but got the message 'Disc could not be identified.
My file format was MPEG-2 Quality DVD HQ and Format PAL.
I'm reluctant to try again with the probable chance of wasting a new disc without getting some advice.

Any help will be much appreciated
Hummingbird
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please use the search capability of the forum. You will find an answer to your particular issue.

1. Corrupt video file - likely
2. Effect not being rendered properly
3. Poor quality disc
4. Burner wearing out
5. Instructions on how to isolate - split your project up
7. test your burner
8. Produce first and then burn
9. State clearly what build of PD8 you are using.
10. Is it the latest and have you applied the patch 2704
11. State the capability of your PC by producing a diagnostic file.
12 Create to a folder

State what actions you have done to isolate the problem other than repeat the same error making actions.

Look up the guides info, carry out the test and use search.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/search/filters.page

You can not pinpoint the issue BUT you can give more detail of content and provide a visual image as well as a diagnostic of your set up. Please note that 3 (x100kb) images/files can be attached to your reply.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
Subject: PowerDirector - information we request and tasks to carry out.
PART A - name it
PART B - provide it
PART F - use them
PART E - an alternative
PART D - presentation is important
PART H - test DVD write.

There is a learning curve to finding issues. I encourage members to read, try out, experiment and to learn, especially when the issue is with their own PC and the content they select.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 09. 2010 07:41

James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a link to a similar issue.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10820.page Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT