Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks for the link to the "possible fix". I'll give it a try next time I'm having the usual PD8 audio sync issues.

I agree with your thoughts about large projects. There are fundamental design issues with PD8 and until they're fixed I wouldn't advise anyone to purchase PD8. Which is a shame as it's quite close to being very good it justs needs the people at CL to get to grips with how it should work. Number 1 on the list is lock the audio track to the video by default. Edits should default to be over dubs, quit moving the audio track around and turning as simple expletive removal into an audio shuffling competition!
For me this issue boils down to:

Does CL by default lock the master audio to the video so that it is always in sync...? I my experience it most definitely does not.

Is this "feature" of CL a pain in the rear end and should be sorted out because it's really stupid... yes.

In the mean time don't do anything too complicated and live with it... i have

R.

Hi Mike,

I'm a new user too. I had a similar problem with Audio going out of sync. I managed to get round it by moving the voice track backwards and forwards until I got it close enough that it wasn't noticable.

In my opinion it would make a lot of sense for the software to lock the master audio track to the video by default and all changes should effectively be treated as overdubs or insertions (where a gap is inserted in both the video and master track to accomodate the infill). As far as I can see PD8 doesn't do this and as soon as you start to do stuff to the audio track keeping stuff in sync goes out of the window.My project was quite small but for larger projects I can imagine this being practically unusable.
It is possible to work with just the audio track, hoorah! You need to lock all the other tracks first. Then the scrubber will work with just the audio track.

Hmmm throws the audio out of sync... more head scratching required.
Hi Andy,

eventually managed to get stuff sort of in sync by moving the audio track about. Fortunately the project is very simple. I can't imagine trying to do anything complicated with PD8. Not being able to set reference points and lock things together is a bit of a nightmare. so many things seem convoluted to me. It's like you do something and this leads to something else. Like I cut a bit of audio out and the audio track move left and put's everything out of sync... ok so it's a case of spltting and re splitting and positioning and trying to get stuff resync'd. You want to loose half a second of background noise you can't trim it you have to fine mute it. etc etc... I think the software is very capable it's just the people at Cyberlink need to do a bit of brushing up on the UI to make things a lot more intuitive.
The scruber selects both video and audio. If you select the audio track and then try to use the scrubber it will default back to audio and video together.
Hi Dafydd,

I think I've got it fixed. Though it involved a lot of moving and sliding about on the 3 pieces of audio (begining section, inserted 4 secs and last section)

I'm just glad this project is very simple. The problem with this software is that it is quite counter intuitive for first time users. It's not so much a movie editing suite as a movie compiler and the construction window is about objects, effects and views (windows) operating on a collection of multi-media elements. We are in effect working with source files to produce and output or executable, very much a programmers view of how things should be done! As a software engineer I'm quite happy with this paradigm, unfortunately IMHO Cyberlink have taken this way to far and have consequently made the simplest of things way more complicated they they should be. To cut and paste one section of audio over another should be easy and it's not. I have to introduce a separate element, define the part which i do need, exlude the bit's i don't need yada yada yada. I understand the paradigm I just don't think it's really helpful or user friendly. I mean why can i invert my video trim but not do the same on an audio track? Where are the anchor's so I can work from a reference point and snap and lock elements together? And the constant auto switching between clip view and movie view and jumping back to the start of the project is driving me nuts )

For the money though it's good value and I'm going to persevere with it...

Cyberlink would do well to get a room full of prospective customers on PC's using this software for the first time and get their UI designers to study what happens...

Best Regards

Ray.
I've got the same problem. Anyone have a solution:

Ray.
Bump...

I'm getting this as well. 2 seconds lag. I've tried shifting things around but no joy. I've done 1 edit to the audio track, see:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10124.page

Did you find a fix?

Best Regards
Ray
Hi Dafydd,

Thank you for the feedback.

Here is what I have done.

1) Extracted Audio from movie B
2) Imported Audio into Media Library
3) Put the imported Audio onto music track 1
4) Found the beginning of the 4 sec section of Audio on Music Track 1
5) Split the track at that point
6) Moved the cursor to the end of the 4 sec section of audio on Music Track1
7) Spit the track again.
Deleted using the Delete key each section to the left and right of the 4 seconds of audio on Music Track 1.
9) I then located the 4 second section I needed to replace on the Voice track and split the voice track at the begining and end and then deleted that 4 second section
10) I then dragged the 4 second section from the Music Track 1 and positioned it in the 4 second hole left in the voice track.

This seems to have worked quite well and that the section of audio with video etc is ok.
However... for some reason the audio to the left of the edit now appears to be drifted out of sync with the video. Audio is lagging the video by about 2 seconds.

It there a way to resync the audio?

Best Regards

Ray.
Thanks for the link.

I will be needing that soon for the end of my video!

Ray.
I've just done something similar to what you've described.

I inserted a Picture at the beginning and then gave that picture a run time by dragging out the run time. When you play it back you get the picture for however long you set before the movie starts proper.

Hope this helps.

Ray.

PS. I'm a complete beginner to!
Hi,

Overview:

I have two movies, Movie A ... and Movie B.

Movie A and Movie B both have their own audio track.

I want to copy a 5 seconds section of audio track from movie A.
I then need to paste that 5 second section onto the audio track of movie B
replacing the existing 5 seconds of audio.

the user guide has information about trimming and muting. But nothing about cut and paste. Is this possible with PowerDirector 8?

If anyone has done this sort of thing I would be grateful for any guidance you can offer.

Ray.
"Indeed your instructions worked a treat. "

Yes... it worked I am looking at it now for the first time.

Your instructions said delete Cyberlink folder in registry. the others said delete the PowerDirector folder... (If a small hammer doesn't work hit it with a bigger hammer comes to mind)

It seems there are similar posts on the forum atm to.

Many Thanks

Ray.
@DOM670

Thank you sir... a most excellent simple answer to the simple question

Indeed your instructions worked a treat. The only difference I can see from past attempts was the deletion of the whole cyberlink registry folder and not just the sub-folder for PowerDirector8. whether this has crippled some other cyberlink software that came with the pc... who knows. But quite frankly after burning through hours trying to get the thing to even load I don't care!

Many Thanks to all who took the time to read or try to help.

Best regards

Ray.
Hi Andy,

Did see that post, (all 377 lines & 2413 words of wisdom). I was taking a punt on an easy answer to a simple question.

Part A.
I fail, i can't get the program to do anything other than pop up the afore mentioned error.

PART B.
Done... I have a file called RayDxDiag

Part C.
Installed, uninstalled, installed, uninistalled, installed...
still can't get the program to do anything other than give the afore mentioned error message.

PART D
Was doing fine until directed to the 377 line afore mentioned post
just kidding... honest.
1. I double clicked the CyberLink PowerDirector link and got an error box with the words ""The application has failed to start beacuse its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."
2, I clicked "ok" and the box went away.

PART E
Screen Captured

PART F
There's nothing to annotate... moving on.

PART G
Done and re-done the upgrade made no difference.

PART H
Test 1. FAIL Program will not start
Test 2. FAIL Program will not start

PART I
I have no video file...moving on.

PART J
Not Applicable, I'm not emailing anyone.

PART K
Uploading to youtube... I can't get the program to load!!! (refers back to PART D)

PART L
Getting PD to produce... chance would be a fine thing.

PART M
Titles and how to change them. Cool, would be nice to see that feature.

PART N
I have created a video for everyone... I don't think so.

PART O
Dealing with a pds file that wont open. Close but I need dealing with PD that won't open.

PART P
Downloaded tool.
Installed tool.
Uninstalled PD8 again.
Used tool to clean PD8 from windows
Reinstalled PD8

No change...

PART Q
I've got PD8... moving on

PART R
Yes I really have got PD8!

PART S

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR8.exe.Manifest".
Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",
publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found.
Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

- System

- Provider

[ Name] SideBySide

- EventID 33

[ Qualifiers] 49409

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-02-02T00:17:52.000000000Z

EventRecordID 4166

Channel Application

Computer DELL-XPS

Security

- EventData

Microsoft.VC90.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8"

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDirector\PDR8.exe.Manifest

PART T
Not applicable

PART U
Not applicable

PART V
Yes I'm turning off my PC...
beacuse its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Hi all just bought PowerDirector 8 and haven't managed to get past the above error message. have tried the update, uninstall, reininstall... leaving it drinking 2 cups of tea and coming back and trying again. The reviews for this software were in general very good, which is why I purchased it but am starting to wonder... I can see that several people have posted having the same problem but no answer from Cyberlink. Is it time to start looking for a refund?

Thanks for any guidance.

R.
Go to: