Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
master AUDIO is lagging / out of sync with the master video
[Post New]
Guys,

Just noticed that three of my most recently produced projects all have out of sync audio of the master track. Movies after "Production" start playing-back OK but after about 3rd-4th clip lagging begins, which is inconsist from 0.2-2secs from clip to clip. There are spots where it seems it catches on but then it happens again. Has anyone had this annoying problem and found a cure?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 04. 2010 19:11

Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.
[Post New]
After some investigation I stumbled upon some pattern...

I noticed that the audio is somewhat ALREADY out-of-sync (i think) when a clip is played in the timeline (even before the production). When, however, I click on the source file and play it out of the library, the audio is syncronized well with the video. What's going on? Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.
[Post New]
Another observation:

I started deleting clips in front of the lagging clip one by one and watch the difference. Eventually is started playing wihtout a lag.

I also tried inserting the same clip from the library into various spots of the project. It plays well at the begining of the project but starts lagging later on. Do you think a single clip in the timeline either with Power tools applied or effects messes things up?

Read not to contradict and confute, nor to believe and take for granted... but to weigh and consider.
[Post New]
Check out my SVRT info. Isn't something wrong? What caused it and how to fix it?
[Thumb - svrt.jpg]
 Filename
svrt.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
118 time(s)
Raymond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2010 16:08 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Bump...

I'm getting this as well. 2 seconds lag. I've tried shifting things around but no joy. I've done 1 edit to the audio track, see:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/10124.page

Did you find a fix?

Best Regards
Ray
[Post New]
Raymond,

No fix was found. I tried playing around the project deleting clips with effects, deleting transitions, moving clips around and still some clips main audio goes out of sync with main video. This is VERY frustrating/annoying as it completely ruins the pleasure of watching the final movie.

By the way, it started from the moment I ticked "Allow SVRT" (I think) but I could be wrong. I will need to continue playing around to find out what exactly causes it. If you look at SVRT info in the attached photo above, you will see that apart from clip-transition-clip breakages on the SVRT track, there are some additional sections. I suspect those additional segments might be the reason for the delays. But what causes them to appear that way? I will have to try to delete clips from the timeline which have multiple segments on SVRT track and re-import them back to see if that fixed SVRT track.
Do I make sense?
Raymond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2010 16:08 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andy,

eventually managed to get stuff sort of in sync by moving the audio track about. Fortunately the project is very simple. I can't imagine trying to do anything complicated with PD8. Not being able to set reference points and lock things together is a bit of a nightmare. so many things seem convoluted to me. It's like you do something and this leads to something else. Like I cut a bit of audio out and the audio track move left and put's everything out of sync... ok so it's a case of spltting and re splitting and positioning and trying to get stuff resync'd. You want to loose half a second of background noise you can't trim it you have to fine mute it. etc etc... I think the software is very capable it's just the people at Cyberlink need to do a bit of brushing up on the UI to make things a lot more intuitive.
[Post New]
Raymond,

Thing to note is that my out of sync audio isn't extracted but is part of the original clip on the master track. What I am also wondering now is that my previous projects were saved while using previous build 2220c and the final video that is I am enhancing now are being produced by build 2508. I was wondering if starting the project from scratch will eliminate the problem with out of sync audio.