Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shift Video Start Time
Chris [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2010 09:12 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I am a complete beginner with PD8.

I have two captured video clips & wish to combine them to create one DVD, no problem there I think. I have dragged the first clip into the timeline and it shows the start as 0:00:00:00 as I would expect.

I want add a short music clip to run from when the video starts to play and to stop just as the main video content is showing. I also want to include a title.

In other words I want to move the start of the video back by 22:83 seconds which is the length of the music clip. This will also hopefully give me time to include the title before the actual footage shows.

Can I shift the start of the video by that amount to achieve what a want, and if so how?

Thanks
Raymond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2010 16:08 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I've just done something similar to what you've described.

I inserted a Picture at the beginning and then gave that picture a run time by dragging out the run time. When you play it back you get the picture for however long you set before the movie starts proper.

Hope this helps.

Ray.

PS. I'm a complete beginner to!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 09. 2010 11:42

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38k4Y7k1wiU
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Raymond [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2010 16:08 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the link.

I will be needing that soon for the end of my video!

Ray.