Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
After installing PD11 with all templates, design packs, menus and context packs that came with it the whole installation now takes up 5.4 GB of my SSD. Is there a way to re-locate some of these files to e.g. a second SSD?
I've been on to this question from different angles in other posts but it is a never ending story.

Planning to upgrade from my Radeon 4670. Looking at ASUS Geforce 670 DCUII, but is not certain that Nvidia is the right choice for PD 11.

Contacted Cyberlink support asking them for any recommendations and they are as unclear as expected:
OpenCL is the latest technology utilizing the power of your system’s GPU and CPU power to boost the speed of the editing process

Also, PowerDirector 11 is optimized for new generation hardware from Intel 3rd Generation Core technology and AMD 2nd Generation APU technology.

You see? There is no mentioning of Nvidia in there... And from what I have read Nvidias standpoint on OpenCL is questionable.

So now I have two questions:
1. Is the Nvidia driver problem I've read about so much fixed?
2. Anybody using Nvidia 670 with PD11 out there who can comment on the performance and general experience?

And yes, I do know that there are many very capable AMD GPUs out there, so lets not turn this into a Nvidia/AMD fight! The ASUS 670 DCUII just seems like a good match of performance and my local dealer has it in stock.
Well, this is quite fascinating. I can't find any obvious information regarding this on either AMD's or Nvidia's sites, nor on Cyberlink's site. My own guess is that all Radeon 7000 series supports MPEG-2 encoding in hardware as well as older Radeons, including my HD4670.

But what about Nvidia? I was hoping to find support for MPEG-2 in Geforce 670, but I can't find any info on Nvidia's site. From older posts on different forums I get the suspicion that there is no support for MPEG-2 encoding in any Nvidia GPUs, at least when it comes to PD. Can anyone confirm this? It appears as if GF 670 supports OpenGL, but that might be unimportant in this case?

I found the following information here:

3. Hardware encode

To enable this feature, go to [Produce] > [Fast video rendering technology] > enable [Hardware video encoder]

If your computer supports hardware acceleration, you can enable this feature to speed up rendering and burning time. Every graphics card that supports hardware encoder supports different output profiles.

How do I know which GPU supports which output profile in terms of hardware encoding? In my case I burn standard DVDs which I guess means that I create MPEG-2 videos. Is there a way to know which graphics card supports HW encoding to MPEG-2?

Or am I missing the point completely?
As mentioned elsewhere in this forum I'm planning an upgrade of my graphics card. I currently have a HD4670 and I am now looking at HD7870, GTX 660/660ti or even GTX670. From reading on this forum and others I just can't be clear of whether I would benefit more from a Radeon than a Geforce or vice versa...or neither, if pure CPU is better.

My current situation is: Running PD11 (64-bit), PC with i7 CPU (no on-board Intel graphics), 18GB RAM and Win8. Mostly editing non-HD material but slowly moving to HD. Not using many effects, mainly simple fades between clips. Final result is currently always standard DVDs.

Reading on CL's PD product page there is a strange passage showing Intel, AMD and Nvidia logos but the text says:
"PowerDirector 11 is optimized for new generation hardware from Intel 3rd Generation Core technology and AMD 2nd Generation APU technology."

Not mentioning Nvidia...

Will my video editing/rendering benefit from upgrading to a better graphics card and, if so, does it matter whether I choose AMD or Nvidia?
I'm planning to upgrade from my Radeon 4670 to a GTX 660 ti. Apart from cleaning out old drivers with Drive Sweeper or alike, do I need to do anything with PD 11 to make it recognize the new hardware and enable the correct features?
Thank's, good to know that I'm not the only one having this problem. Obviously a function for CL to improve.
I'll stick to ImgBurn.
When I burn a DVD from my video project I get no errors, but my DVD-player, can not read the disc. I tried a couple of different disc brands with no luck. I also tried producing an MPEG file, creating a new project and only adding this file to the timeline and then burning to disc. Same result.

I then tried "burning" to a file, i.e. creating a TS_VIDEO folder with the files. I then burned this folder to a DVD using ImgBurn and then it all worked fine!

I'm not sure what conclusions you may draw from this, but as it is possible to burn a DVD using ImgBurn I assume that there is nothing wrong with my computer's DVD. Even though I have a solution I would find it less cumbersome to be able to burn directly from within PowerDirector. Any ideas on what to do?

/Jonas
Go to: