Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Help with choice of GPU
jberling [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2010 16:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I've been on to this question from different angles in other posts but it is a never ending story.

Planning to upgrade from my Radeon 4670. Looking at ASUS Geforce 670 DCUII, but is not certain that Nvidia is the right choice for PD 11.

Contacted Cyberlink support asking them for any recommendations and they are as unclear as expected:
OpenCL is the latest technology utilizing the power of your system’s GPU and CPU power to boost the speed of the editing process

Also, PowerDirector 11 is optimized for new generation hardware from Intel 3rd Generation Core technology and AMD 2nd Generation APU technology.

You see? There is no mentioning of Nvidia in there... And from what I have read Nvidias standpoint on OpenCL is questionable.

So now I have two questions:
1. Is the Nvidia driver problem I've read about so much fixed?
2. Anybody using Nvidia 670 with PD11 out there who can comment on the performance and general experience?

And yes, I do know that there are many very capable AMD GPUs out there, so lets not turn this into a Nvidia/AMD fight! The ASUS 670 DCUII just seems like a good match of performance and my local dealer has it in stock.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2013 05:15

James1
Senior Contributor Location: Surrey, B.C., Canada Joined: Jun 10, 2010 16:20 Messages: 1783 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I am running the Geforce 560ti Graphiic card on my i7 2600 and the latest drivers from Nvidia with no problems. I was going to upgrade my graphic card to the 640 Geforce but the young chap said my card was faster in some cases.
JIm

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 13. 2013 11:09

Intel i7-2600@3.4Gz Geforce 560ti-1GB Graphic accelerator, windows 7 Premium 12GB memory

Visit GranPapa64's channel for your YouTube experience of the day!