Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD11 installation takes up 5.4 GB
jberling [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2010 16:36 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
After installing PD11 with all templates, design packs, menus and context packs that came with it the whole installation now takes up 5.4 GB of my SSD. Is there a way to re-locate some of these files to e.g. a second SSD?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 02. 2013 14:05

garioch7
Senior Contributor Location: Port Hood, Nova Scotia, Canada Joined: Feb 07, 2011 06:45 Messages: 852 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sufficiently technically literate to answer your question, though I would presume it might be possible to move a good chunk of the program files elsewhere, but I don't think that the 5.4 GB that the program files occupy will be your issue.

As presently designed, PD11, and its predecessors, create all of their temporary files on the C:\ drive (where the OS is located). In the case of large HD Blu-ray disks, it has been suggested in these forums that PD11 needs to have 50 to 100 GB of free space to function properly and efficiently. It has been reported that otherwise, PD11 just stops rendering or authoring when it runs out space and just sort of hangs there, doing nothing but advancing the timers.

The only other option that I have read is to split large projects into small sequences, render them individually, and then assemble the rendered files into a "master" project file for final burning; BUT, while that will relieve the stress on computer hardware, I am not certain that it will effectively and substantially reduce the free space requirements for temp files on the OS drive.

Hence the reason that when I designed my computer, I avoided SSD drives because of their smaller relative size, cost, and reports at the time (PD10) that PD10 did not always play nicely in the sandbox with SSDs.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil Windows 10 Pro x64
Dell XPS 8930
Intel CoreT i7 (4.6 GHz)
32 GB DDR4-2666 RAM
1 TB PCIe -x4 SSD
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
PD14 Ultimate x64, 4207
CD4 Ultra and AD6 Ultra
Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor