Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Maybe all the negative feedback had an effect after all. Still - users of older versions like me (bought PD9 two years ago) have to upgrade for ?75? Euros to watch new BDs
Keep us posted... I think this will get quite interesting...
Hi Wayne,

thanks for your translation, we had a hard time

Oh and PM me, I know a solution for you to use PowerDVD 8 for the next years (without handing over more money).

As I said - they are just not handing out the DRM usage licenses any more, the programs would be fine.
Ok, translation follows (but even my native spanish speaking girlfriend doesn't get some parts):

I totally agree with you.

The problem is serious and some users want to sue them (Cyberlink?).

In my case and in others, we aquired an OEM version with hardware (like firmware? I guess), which makes it a standard player eligible for every update because it has the bluray logo. E.g. like VHS tapes.

So we cannot play ANY MOVIE as it goes into a loop while updating.

LINKS

So I contacted them some weeks ago, and he is still waiting for an answer

Sorry, if I got something wrong. But the gist of it - Cyberlink does not deserve your money.

Quote: Totalmente de acuerdo con usted.

yo he sido fiel a PDVD desde sus 1as versiones.

El problema es serio y algunos user piensa denunciarlo.

En mí caso como el muches es pero ya que adquirimos una versión OEM con su hardware y esto, le hace ser reprodutor convencional(con soft on-chip)con derecho a A TODAS LAS ACTUALIZACIONES YA QUE LLEVA EL SELLO DE BLU RAY DISC hasta que el soporte caduque como p.ej las cintas de VHS.

Yo como algunos no podemos reproducir NINGUNA PELÍCULA ya que se ha credo un bucle a la hora de actualizar.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21752.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21646.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/75/18957.page

Hará un par de semanas que me ha puesto en cotacto vía MAIL, cuando me den repuesta lo comataré.

Saludos y disculpen... me expreso mejor en mí idioma
Hola fernando,

gracias for supporting my view I'll translate it for the rest, when I am at home

Saludos,

MMF
I have no problem whatsoever with buying quality. But I expect, that I can use it longer than 2 years, especially if it's software

So I guess, your argumentation is wrong. I already paid for the software, now I have to pay to use it. Kind of like a subscription. Also no problem - but please tell me before I buy it.

Everything else - borderlining fraud...

Take a look here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21841.page

That's your problem. Cyberlink not providing you the DRM usage licenses. Like selling you a car and stealing you the ignition keys after two years

MMF
Kevin,

thanks for pointing out, that I posted in the wrong forum. I did unintentionally, but maybe I was just lucky. Because they censored all my posts (which were not offensive, but uncomfortable for Cyberlink) in all other forums.

Carl,

should I have to buy a lifetime license for 120 Euros and a CyberLink PowerDVD license for 70 Euros just to play blurays (without pirating them)?

Sorry, I thought PowerDVD was meant to play BDs. And yes, it's not about the new features, the just won't hand out the DRM usage licenses, so they can sell their new versions...

Oh, and censoring my posts just proves, that Cyberlink know, that my point is valid
Just give up - it's their policy. Live with it and buy software from another vendor.

Take a look:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21841.page
Did the truth hurt you such much Non-Cyberlink staff, that you decided to remove my posts?

May someone should at least comment on this...

Hi fellows,
I ordered From Paris with love (don’t watch btw.) at a online video rental and tried to watch it with PowerDVD 9 (which I bought 2 years ago). Strangely the movie could not be played, as PowerDVD always wanted to update itself to „support the movie“.

Didn’t work – trivial reason, which is stated on the Cyberlink home page:
As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 7/8/9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for those versions.

What’s the actual meaning of this? Cyberlink won’t publish updates any more. Understandable, not easy to support four major version released over the last 2 years (WTF?).

But it’s easily proved by e.g. installing a trial of AnyDVD HD that they are just not providing their customers the Digital Rights Management licenses, which are needed for playing back newer BDs. While using a software, which circumvents the DRM protection, PowerDVD works fine. That proves - it's not about the "new" features

I.e. you’re going to pay every two years (worst case scenario like me) for an update, which enables you to watch new movies. Splendid...

Imagine, trying to install software on your Windows 7 clients (released 2009). Oh, but the bad, bad software is just so new, you have to upgrade to Windows 8. Oh, and btw – the update is just as expensive as the full version.
Cyberlink – you’re the worst.
Did the truth hurt you such much Non-Cyberlink staff, that you decided to remove my posts?

May someone should at least comment on this...

Hi fellows,
I ordered From Paris with love (don’t watch btw.) at a online video rental and tried to watch it with PowerDVD 9 (which I bought 2 years ago). Strangely the movie could not be played, as PowerDVD always wanted to update itself to „support the movie“.

Didn’t work – trivial reason, which is stated on the Cyberlink home page:
As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 7/8/9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for those versions.

What’s the actual meaning of this? Cyberlink won’t publish updates any more. Understandable, not easy to support four major version released over the last 2 years (WTF?).

But it’s easily proved by e.g. installing a trial of AnyDVD HD that they are just not providing their customers the Digital Rights Management licenses, which are needed for playing back newer BDs. It just „works“ then
I.e. you’re going to pay every two years (worst case scenario like me) for an update, which enables you to watch new movies. Splendid.

Imagine, trying to install software on your Windows 7 clients (released 2009). Oh, but the bad, bad software is just so new, you have to upgrade to Windows 8. Oh, and btw – the update is just as expensive as the full version
Cyberlink – you’re the worst. Welcome to the axis of evil. Never ever again.
Hallo zusammen,

ich habe mir PowerDVD 9 wegen der HW-Unterstützung durch CUDA gekauft. Leider kann ich diese nicht aktivieren. Laut Anleitung soll das in den Einstellungen im Reiter Video zu finden sein, was bei mir jedoch nicht der Fall ist.

Noch einige Daten:

PowerDVD 9, Build 2320 (neuester Build)
NVIDIA Geforce 8200 (Mainboard) 512 MB, Treiber 195.62
Windows 7 Home Premium

Mit CoreAVC funktioniert CUDA einwandfrei, jedoch wollte ich den Upscaler von PowerDVD für DVDs nutzen.

Danke für eure Hilfe,

VG MMF
Go to: