Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Did the truth hurt so much, that you had to censor all my posts?
MMF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2010 03:27 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Did the truth hurt you such much Non-Cyberlink staff, that you decided to remove my posts?

May someone should at least comment on this...

Hi fellows,
I ordered From Paris with love (don’t watch btw.) at a online video rental and tried to watch it with PowerDVD 9 (which I bought 2 years ago). Strangely the movie could not be played, as PowerDVD always wanted to update itself to „support the movie“.

Didn’t work – trivial reason, which is stated on the Cyberlink home page:
As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 7/8/9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for those versions.

What’s the actual meaning of this? Cyberlink won’t publish updates any more. Understandable, not easy to support four major version released over the last 2 years (WTF?).

But it’s easily proved by e.g. installing a trial of AnyDVD HD that they are just not providing their customers the Digital Rights Management licenses, which are needed for playing back newer BDs. While using a software, which circumvents the DRM protection, PowerDVD works fine. That proves - it's not about the "new" features

I.e. you’re going to pay every two years (worst case scenario like me) for an update, which enables you to watch new movies. Splendid...

Imagine, trying to install software on your Windows 7 clients (released 2009). Oh, but the bad, bad software is just so new, you have to upgrade to Windows 8. Oh, and btw – the update is just as expensive as the full version.
Cyberlink – you’re the worst.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 20. 2012 06:27

español [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2011 16:32 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Totalmente de acuerdo con usted.

yo he sido fiel a PDVD desde sus 1as versiones.

El problema es serio y algunos user piensa denunciarlo.

En mí caso como el muches es pero ya que adquirimos una versión OEM con su hardware y esto, le hace ser reprodutor convencional(con soft on-chip)con derecho a A TODAS LAS ACTUALIZACIONES YA QUE LLEVA EL SELLO DE BLU RAY DISC hasta que el soporte caduque como p.ej las cintas de VHS.

Yo como algunos no podemos reproducir NINGUNA PELÍCULA ya que se ha credo un bucle a la hora de actualizar.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21752.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21646.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/75/18957.page

Hará un par de semanas que me ha puesto en cotacto vía MAIL, cuando me den repuesta lo comataré.

Saludos y disculpen... me expreso mejor en mí idioma
MMF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hola fernando,

gracias for supporting my view I'll translate it for the rest, when I am at home

Saludos,

MMF
amk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 04, 2012 23:08 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
Couldnt understand what really fernando wana say? Can anybody please translate?
MMF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, translation follows (but even my native spanish speaking girlfriend doesn't get some parts):

I totally agree with you.

The problem is serious and some users want to sue them (Cyberlink?).

In my case and in others, we aquired an OEM version with hardware (like firmware? I guess), which makes it a standard player eligible for every update because it has the bluray logo. E.g. like VHS tapes.

So we cannot play ANY MOVIE as it goes into a loop while updating.

LINKS

So I contacted them some weeks ago, and he is still waiting for an answer

Sorry, if I got something wrong. But the gist of it - Cyberlink does not deserve your money.

Quote: Totalmente de acuerdo con usted.

yo he sido fiel a PDVD desde sus 1as versiones.

El problema es serio y algunos user piensa denunciarlo.

En mí caso como el muches es pero ya que adquirimos una versión OEM con su hardware y esto, le hace ser reprodutor convencional(con soft on-chip)con derecho a A TODAS LAS ACTUALIZACIONES YA QUE LLEVA EL SELLO DE BLU RAY DISC hasta que el soporte caduque como p.ej las cintas de VHS.

Yo como algunos no podemos reproducir NINGUNA PELÍCULA ya que se ha credo un bucle a la hora de actualizar.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21752.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21646.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/75/18957.page

Hará un par de semanas que me ha puesto en cotacto vía MAIL, cuando me den repuesta lo comataré.

Saludos y disculpen... me expreso mejor en mí idioma

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2012 14:36

WAYNE R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2012 05:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Been using power DVD 8 here up until about a week ago because it would not play the movie In Time. It has worked fine with every film prior to that one I have gotten including the recent release of the Dirty Harry series. Power DVD was released May 2008 so nearly 4 years of support is quite good.

However I will agree that this latest release is pretty bad out of the gate IMHO
WAYNE R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2012 05:18 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Here is a slightly better translation

Toally agree with you.

I have been faithful to since its first PDVD versions.

The problem is serious and some user think to report it. (I am not sure if he is saying sue to report to the local business authority)

In my case, we acquired an OEM version with our hardware and this makes him eligible for playback lisences until blu-ray support expires

I, like some, can't play ANY MOVIE as it keeps going through an update loop.

I will get a response in a couple of weeks since I contacted him via mail.

Greetings and sorry ... I express myself better in my language

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2012 23:07

MMF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Wayne,

thanks for your translation, we had a hard time

Oh and PM me, I know a solution for you to use PowerDVD 8 for the next years (without handing over more money).

As I said - they are just not handing out the DRM usage licenses any more, the programs would be fine.