Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The truth hurts so much, you have to censor my posts?
MMF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2010 03:27 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Did the truth hurt you such much Non-Cyberlink staff, that you decided to remove my posts?

May someone should at least comment on this...

Hi fellows,
I ordered From Paris with love (don’t watch btw.) at a online video rental and tried to watch it with PowerDVD 9 (which I bought 2 years ago). Strangely the movie could not be played, as PowerDVD always wanted to update itself to „support the movie“.

Didn’t work – trivial reason, which is stated on the Cyberlink home page:
As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 7/8/9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for those versions.

What’s the actual meaning of this? Cyberlink won’t publish updates any more. Understandable, not easy to support four major version released over the last 2 years (WTF?).

But it’s easily proved by e.g. installing a trial of AnyDVD HD that they are just not providing their customers the Digital Rights Management licenses, which are needed for playing back newer BDs. It just „works“ then
I.e. you’re going to pay every two years (worst case scenario like me) for an update, which enables you to watch new movies. Splendid.

Imagine, trying to install software on your Windows 7 clients (released 2009). Oh, but the bad, bad software is just so new, you have to upgrade to Windows 8. Oh, and btw – the update is just as expensive as the full version
Cyberlink – you’re the worst. Welcome to the axis of evil. Never ever again.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Did the truth hurt you such much Non-Cyberlink staff, that you decided to remove my posts?

May someone should at least comment on this...

Hi fellows,
I ordered From Paris with love (don’t watch btw.) at a online video rental and tried to watch it with PowerDVD 9 (which I bought 2 years ago). Strangely the movie could not be played, as PowerDVD always wanted to update itself to „support the movie“.

Didn’t work – trivial reason, which is stated on the Cyberlink home page:
As the development phase of CyberLink PowerDVD 7/8/9 Ultra retail version has now ended, there will be no further Blu-ray Disc compatibility updates for those versions.

What’s the actual meaning of this? Cyberlink won’t publish updates any more. Understandable, not easy to support four major version released over the last 2 years (WTF?).

But it’s easily proved by e.g. installing a trial of AnyDVD HD that they are just not providing their customers the Digital Rights Management licenses, which are needed for playing back newer BDs. It just „works“ then
I.e. you’re going to pay every two years (worst case scenario like me) for an update, which enables you to watch new movies. Splendid.

Imagine, trying to install software on your Windows 7 clients (released 2009). Oh, but the bad, bad software is just so new, you have to upgrade to Windows 8. Oh, and btw – the update is just as expensive as the full version
Cyberlink – you’re the worst. Welcome to the axis of evil. Never ever again.

None of Cyberlink software will support, play or edit any Copyrighted material.

You said AnyDVD, you can buy a lifetime license. So you don't have to re-license every two years.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 19. 2012 10:36

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Carl,

None of Cyberlink software will support, play or edit any Copyrighted material.

You said AnyDVD, you can buy a lifetime license. So you don't have to re-license every two years.

He posted the same in the Power DVD forum, I think he posted to this forum in error. His original post was removed in the Power DVD forum for some reason as I remember reading it when it was initially posted.

This topic has been posted before about older versions of Power DVD not being updated to accommodate some of the newer Blu-Ray compatibility updates(anti-piracy coding). It causes a problem because an older version of Power DVD wont play some of the newer disc titles. I can understand how frustrating it must be.

As Carl said, a lifetime license can be purchased for the mentioned software, not just a 2 year license. The lifetime is what I have and updates are routinely distributed to keep up with newly released titles.

Kevin
Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
MMF [Avatar]
[Post New]
Kevin,

thanks for pointing out, that I posted in the wrong forum. I did unintentionally, but maybe I was just lucky. Because they censored all my posts (which were not offensive, but uncomfortable for Cyberlink) in all other forums.

Carl,

should I have to buy a lifetime license for 120 Euros and a CyberLink PowerDVD license for 70 Euros just to play blurays (without pirating them)?

Sorry, I thought PowerDVD was meant to play BDs. And yes, it's not about the new features, the just won't hand out the DRM usage licenses, so they can sell their new versions...

Oh, and censoring my posts just proves, that Cyberlink know, that my point is valid

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 20. 2012 06:24

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Kevin,

Carl,

should I have to buy a lifetime license for 120 Euros and a CyberLink PowerDVD license for 70 Euros just to play blurays (without pirating them)?

Well, No, you do not have to buy a license if you do not want to pay the money.

However, in this modern world, some things just cost a lot of money.
It kind of depends on what you want to do and how much you are willing to pay for your toys.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

MMF [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have no problem whatsoever with buying quality. But I expect, that I can use it longer than 2 years, especially if it's software

So I guess, your argumentation is wrong. I already paid for the software, now I have to pay to use it. Kind of like a subscription. Also no problem - but please tell me before I buy it.

Everything else - borderlining fraud...