Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have received a patch and it worked so far. I can now start editting.

Same crash with me. RichVideo is running
Thanks Dafydd!

But the result is not really good. When I query the mediainfo of the file the avarage bitrate is downgraded to 263 kbps. I think this is about the same with one of my previouws posts. The cbr on 448 version is a lot better. At the moment I'am at a place with very limited internet speed, so I cannot publlish the result quickly

Here were my previous test results:

The original video (25 seconds): 28 MB

Hi Dafydd,

Thanks for your offer to help with this, but I cannot find the prx. I did a find on my computer during the encoding for maybe a temporarly one, but there does not seem to exist a .prx file with my settings. That's why I posted a screendump with the settings in a previous post:
I'll appreciate any help that I got very much, including the determination of Kevin in his help. His help did find a solution for one additional question that rose in the discussion of this topic, but the main question still stands. I have used the suggestions of Kevin to experiment the results of various settings to compare, so this was indead helpfull.

The solution of OnTheWeb might help, although I believe after some readings that a two pass encoding is mostly used as an optimization process. I think this cannot be exactly the same as just running the video through two programs. But I will experiment with this further to get a close result.

Like I told before, I like PowerDirector as video editting tool more then Premiere Elements, only the quality and size of the encoded video are in some cases better in Elements. Because both PowerDirector and Premiere use the same WMV encoder. I think PowerDirector could somehow be configured to get the same result.

Because of a time and cost (license) reason, I would prefer to generate files in one application. One might have experience with this and want to exchange this information. That's what a forum is about. Therefore I don't understand your last conclusion. It is really off-topic.
Ok, now I'm able to generate the youtube videos more quickly, I go back to the orginal question: How to generate high quality youtube files compared to the quality generated by Adobe Premiere. Because both applications use the WMV engine of Microsoft, I would expect they could generate the same quality. What settings do I need for PowerDirector. Could anyone help me with this?

Thanks!

I tried to make equal settings in both applications (I do not use inline images for readability).

The original video (25 seconds): 28 MB

Adobe Premiere Elements - One pass - 2582573 bytes
* Generated video
* Settings
* Video info

Adobe Premiere Elements - Two pass (slightly better, my prefered quality and size) - 1546595 bytes
* Generated video
* Settings
* Video info

PowerDirector - vbr 448 - 968510 bytes
* Generated video
* Settings
* Settings
* Video info

PowerDirector - vbr 741 - 933310 bytes
* Generated video
* Settings
* Settings
* Video info

PowerDirector - cbr 448 - 1853310 bytes
* Generated video
* Settings
* Settings
* Video info

PowerDirector - cbr 741 - 3037310 bytes
* Generated video
* Settings
* Settings
* Video info

Hi Kevin,

Yes! This did the trick for creating new WMV profiles and seeing them in PowerDirector. I have no clue what I did wrong before. I prefer this way to create Youtube files and can now experiment with the Youtube HQ settings offline.

Many thanks for your patience.
Quote: Maybe this will help. Two screen shots, one showing the Profile folder location with two additional YouTube Profiles, note naming conventions.

Perhaps I was not clear enough. I really appriciate your help with this, but the Youtube (WMV) profiles already did go well (I can add new ones). But I cannot add new WMV profiles, only change the contents. I followed the exact instructions in the video that were shown here, including the exact name that was used in this instruction video.
Quote: You may want to produce a high-resolution output from PowerDirector first to preserve quality.

Then, use the full Windows Media Encoder that will do a two-pass, high quality encode to whatever final specs you want.

This sounds like a good tip. I will try this. It will take a lot longer to create the files then with adobe, but if it does the trick, I'll be very happy. Thanks!
Quote: If you join SeeMyWorld, there are profiles you can download.
Also, you'll find a tutorial on how to alter and make your own!.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/218/creating-wmv-templates/

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your response, but it already did that before my first post. The youtube profiles from SeeMyWorld still create files that are to large.

The creating WMV templates does not work for me with ordinairy WMV templates. They don't show up in PowerDirector, if I make some new names. I can only adjust existing proiles. However I can create new Youtube profiles. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong here, but I really tried several times.

Thanks for your answer.

No, the size of the file is much bigger and the quality is less. When I want to upload HQ files, I am at a location with very limited bandwith, so I need files sizes as small as possible. For a five minute video, I produce a video of about 12~16 MB in both profiles that I posted in my start topic. The video of Adobe is sharp, but of PowerDirector rather blurry.
I am trying to configure Youtube Media Profiles HQ files for Power Director. I have read various posts and tutors that handles this specific subject. However I still cannot find a suitable configuration.

My target is to generate HQ (640x360) videos for youtube. If I compare the generation of Adobe Premiere Elements 8 video with PowerDirector 8 (both wmv), the quality of the output of Premiere is by far better then the output of Power Director. Because I like PowerDirector as tool (far) more then Adobe Premier I prefer to produce a video with same quality in PowerDirector. Output size is important (small as possible)

I tried to setup equal settings. Here are my Adobe Premiere Settings:
Codec: Windows Media Video 9
Encoding Phase: 2
Bitrate mode: Variable Unconstrained
Frame Width: 640
Frame Height: 360
Frame rate: 30
Pixel aspect ratio: Square
Decoder complexity: Auto
Keyframe interval: 5
Buffer size: 1
Avarage Video Bitrate: 448 kbps
Audio: off

Now the Media Profile for PowerDirector:
Audio: off
Video: Bit rate VBR: Bit rate (tried also VBR Peak and Quality)
Video format: custom
Video Size: 640x360
Frame rate: 30
Key frame interval: 5
Video bitrate: 448 kbps
Decoder complexity: Auto

Does anyone have suggestions what to change to get equal quality?

Thanks
I did first try the search, but I must have overlooked this one. I did not find any result of youtube in combination with HD quality.

However, many thanks for your patience and helpfull links. I will examine them carefully.

Erwin
Quote: Hi Erwin,
What have you tried?
What have you selected?

This might not be the answer you expected, my aim is to encourage (you) an editor to explore, rather than serve up answers.

If others want to chip in, I don't mind.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This is indeed not the answer I expected. I have tried many options (see below). It was my understanding that a forum like this, is to exchange knowledge about a product, so it is free to ask and it is free (not) to answer.

But to be more specific I tried the following (beside reading some tutorials and reading the help file):

1) I tried the standard Youtube export, HD quality 1280x720, but the result was very low res (blockes). Here are no properties that you can change

2) When converting first to file (what I prefer anyway), I have tried the following options: MPEG2, HDV, 720p, NTSC (I have 29 frames per second). The files became huge (about 4 times as big as the orginal), with not a very high quality. Iused the standard options

3) I also tried the H.264 codec with the same result as (2

4) WMV files does not give me a quality result either. I cannot recall which options I used.

5) MOV does not have the 1280x720 option

Hi,

I'm new to PowerDirector 8. I want to publish HD movies on Youtube in the best possible format. My movies are in Quicktime 1280x720 HD format. Normally I published my movies without any editting application, because I did not wanted any quality loss.

However it would be great todo some cutting, and add some banners, etc.

Which format and which settings should I use in PowerDirector Ultra to create the best possible movies. I don't care the size, as long as it will be below the upload limit of Youtube (10 gb?)

Thanks!
Erwin
Go to: