Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube HD quality?
Erwin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 02:18 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'm new to PowerDirector 8. I want to publish HD movies on Youtube in the best possible format. My movies are in Quicktime 1280x720 HD format. Normally I published my movies without any editting application, because I did not wanted any quality loss.

However it would be great todo some cutting, and add some banners, etc.

Which format and which settings should I use in PowerDirector Ultra to create the best possible movies. I don't care the size, as long as it will be below the upload limit of Youtube (10 gb?)

Thanks!
Erwin
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Erwin,
What have you tried?
What have you selected?

This might not be the answer you expected, my aim is to encourage (you) an editor to explore, rather than serve up answers.

If others want to chip in, I don't mind.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Erwin [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Erwin,
What have you tried?
What have you selected?

This might not be the answer you expected, my aim is to encourage (you) an editor to explore, rather than serve up answers.

If others want to chip in, I don't mind.

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This is indeed not the answer I expected. I have tried many options (see below). It was my understanding that a forum like this, is to exchange knowledge about a product, so it is free to ask and it is free (not) to answer.

But to be more specific I tried the following (beside reading some tutorials and reading the help file):

1) I tried the standard Youtube export, HD quality 1280x720, but the result was very low res (blockes). Here are no properties that you can change

2) When converting first to file (what I prefer anyway), I have tried the following options: MPEG2, HDV, 720p, NTSC (I have 29 frames per second). The files became huge (about 4 times as big as the orginal), with not a very high quality. Iused the standard options

3) I also tried the H.264 codec with the same result as (2

4) WMV files does not give me a quality result either. I cannot recall which options I used.

5) MOV does not have the 1280x720 option

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 05. 2009 14:56

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Erwin -

Did you try the Search button at the top? It's a good way to find what others have said about your question already.

Robert made a comment about this at http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8226.page though his experience with WMV was different to yours.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Erwin,
I think I judged the answer I gave you correctly. You appear to have tried various options and not been satisfied with the results. By providing the answers you have helped us not waste time messing around.

Go watch, it may help you.

http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/425/youtube-hd-tutorial/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W-kStCfdgo

and
http://seemyworldonvideo.com/view/218/creating-wmv-templates/

Dafydd
Erwin [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did first try the search, but I must have overlooked this one. I did not find any result of youtube in combination with HD quality.

However, many thanks for your patience and helpfull links. I will examine them carefully.

Erwin
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
I just added additional Youtube WMV profiles with a higher bitrate (3500K and 6000K) resulting in substantial quality enhancement over the 1800K default profile.

Maybe this might be your solution. The link that Dafydd provided regarding wmv template creation is of valuable assistance.

Good Luck and happy editing!

Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2009 10:49

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.