Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote: Hi Carol,

Did you use the
Director's Chair > File > Export > Pack Project Materials
method to transfer your project from one computer to another?

Gah, didn't know such a thing existed

I found a work around though, I just copied the files from the PD directory in XP into the PD directory on Vista. They didn't add to the timeline, but they were in my PiPs/titles/etc so I just had to drag 'em into the timeline, not too bad, was only 4 of them

Thanks for that though, I will *definitely* remember that in the future!
The only thing I can think of is codec related - do the files play normally outside of PD?

Sorry if no help!
Hiyas

I worked on my project at work, on my PC with XP on it. I've brought it home to finish it at home over the weekend, buuuuuuuut....

In XP, the location for some of the stuff in the timeline was c:\documents and settings\administrator\my documents\cyberlink\powerdirector....etc

So when I load the project in Vista, it looks for this path, but Vista uses users\documents..... and doesn't find half the stuff for my timeline like PiP's etc

Any way around this?

Thanks

Quote: OIC!

Carol - all you need to do is:

1. Place clip D (the last one) in one of the PIP tracks

That was exactly what I was missing - thank you very much!

I've given up on the zooming in/out thing with the credits, I'm not skilled enough to even attempt it just yet

Thanks to you both, Tony and Jamie! Much appreciated.
Hi Tony

Sort of... I have black colour board at the end if my timeline where I'm putting the credits. A few seconds into the credits I want to show this video shrunk onto the black colour board and the credits scrolling.

Does that make sense? I'm probably not explaining it right

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me with this, I just can't get it.

I want to add a video to the end of my project, but for it to come up during the credits, but I can't figure it out.

I can't figure out how to make the .AVI a PiP either :/

I want to have the credits roll, then shrink to one side and the movie to play, then when the movie is over the credits to go back full screen. (I can live without the credits zooming like that and just split the screen if I can get it to show the video)

Help would be very much appreciated

Thank you!
Yeah, gotta do it manually - sucks, even Windows Movie Maker lets you do this!

No harm, keep me out of trouble for a while adding them

Thanks all
Hi guys,

I know this wasn't possible in PD7, and haven't been able to do it in PD8 yet - but just in case I'm missing something....

The ability to select a few photos in the timeline and add 1 transition to those, then selecting other photos and adding a different transition to those, etc. for various transitions through my pic movie. Is this there in PD8?

Thanks in advance
Just in case anyone has this problem and Windows Clean Up Utility doesn't work for them (like me!) - I got a free program which I thoroughly scanned before use and it was clean, revouninstaller (revouninstaller.com).

It does a complete deep scan and shows you the results so you can decide what to keep/remove...and this worked a treat for me! Which was really good cause I was about to strangle someone
Check the options on PD before you burn, you've the quality set way too high.

On the bottom left of the Create Disk area, click the config and change the video quality from DVD HQ to SmartFit -that should do it.

Also a word of advice my friend, ease off on the capitals or you don't inspire people to help you
I have Vista64U and PD7 with no issues. So I'd guess it works fine
Go to: