Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video in scroll credits?
Carol [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ireland Joined: Jun 01, 2009 15:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

Hope someone can help me with this, I just can't get it.

I want to add a video to the end of my project, but for it to come up during the credits, but I can't figure it out.

I can't figure out how to make the .AVI a PiP either :/

I want to have the credits roll, then shrink to one side and the movie to play, then when the movie is over the credits to go back full screen. (I can live without the credits zooming like that and just split the screen if I can get it to show the video)

Help would be very much appreciated

Thank you!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Carol -

So - let me get a picture of this: The video clips are all on the timeline... A, B, C and D (the final clip). The credits are sitting in the Title track ready to scroll. You want the credits to scroll at the end of clip C and into clip D... is that right?

If so, adjust the placement and duration of the credits to start and finish where you want. You may need to insert a colour board or still image between clips C and D.

I can't think of a way of doing the scroll, shrink, expand effect with the credits... without making a separate clip of that and placing it in the PIP track.

Cheers - Tony

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Carol [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Tony

Sort of... I have black colour board at the end if my timeline where I'm putting the credits. A few seconds into the credits I want to show this video shrunk onto the black colour board and the credits scrolling.

Does that make sense? I'm probably not explaining it right

Thanks for taking the time to reply!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
OIC!

Carol - all you need to do is:

1. Place clip D (the last one) in one of the PIP tracks
2. Adjust its position so it doesn't interfere with the credits - eg. left justify credits and place clip in right corner.
3. Adjust start/end points of clip D to match the other elements.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
You can pre-produce the clip with the credits, put it in the PiP track and set a path to move it to one side, but I can't figure out a way to also make it smaller - smoothly - as it moves aside. I think you would then have to produce that, add it back to the PiP and fade in your next clip at the appropriate spot.

You could use a program like PhotoShop or GIMP to do it one frame at a time, like stop motion, but you are looking at 30 frames per second, so that could be a lot of work. I've also noticed when experimenting with that technique that sometimes a frame will actually skip backwards one frame in PD, so you have to watch for hops in the final video. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Carol [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: OIC!

Carol - all you need to do is:

1. Place clip D (the last one) in one of the PIP tracks

That was exactly what I was missing - thank you very much!

I've given up on the zooming in/out thing with the credits, I'm not skilled enough to even attempt it just yet

Thanks to you both, Tony and Jamie! Much appreciated.