Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
NEED HELP WITH POWER DIRECTOR 8 ON VISTA!!
edgar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2009 12:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I HAVE JUST RECENTLY STARTED USING POWER DIRECTOR 8 IM LOVING IT BUT I HAVE A SMALL PROBLEM AND MAYBEY SOMEBODY CAN HELP IM RUNNING IT ON WINDOWS VISTA ON ONE COMP AND ON THE OTHER ITS WITH XP THE PROBLEM IS THAT IS TAKING UP TO 24 HRS TO COMPLETE A DVD MOVIE AND I DONT THINK THIS IS NORMAL IVE TRIED CUSTOMER SUPPORT BUT HAVENT HAD ANY LUCK THEY WHERE SUPPOSED TO EMAIL ME STEPS ON HOW TO MAKE IT QUICKER IVE EVEN UNINSTALLED ALL OTHER BURNING PROGRAMS TO SEE IF THAT WOULD HELP BUT DIDNT HELP AT ALL.
PLEASE IF ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO MAKE BURNING FASTER LET ME KNOW IF HAVE ANY QUESTION FEEL FREE TO ASK OTHER THAN THE SLOWNESS IVE THINK I FIGURE IT OUT MAYBEY I NEED TO CHANGE SOME SETTINGS MAYBEY ITS SOMETHING SIMPLY BUT IM TO STRESSED OUT TO THINK.
Carol [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ireland Joined: Jun 01, 2009 15:20 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Check the options on PD before you burn, you've the quality set way too high.

On the bottom left of the Create Disk area, click the config and change the video quality from DVD HQ to SmartFit -that should do it.

Also a word of advice my friend, ease off on the capitals or you don't inspire people to help you
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Depending on the original source and length, it can take a couple of hours to convert to DVD format. That it greatly multiplied if you chose to enhance the video. It will take longer if your system only meets the minimum specifications. 24 hours seems excessive, but it is hard to tell without knowing anymore about your setup. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM