Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
The Problem
My PowerDirector7 (build 2519, patch 2726) was working fine. And now, I get the following message if I try to add a picture to the time line or storyboard. This happens if I hit the button to insert or if I drag the object.

[screen shots in attachment]

Events Leading Up to the Problem.
I was working on a project, that I had saved often. Roughly 180 slides, no transitions, effects, etc. I had a text up front describing the show and then the photos. All 3mb slides were being sourced from network storage over a gigabit network. I was making a simple slide show to put on a DVD. Then, when I was all done with my work, I was trying to 'Create Disk' ( I did not 'produce' ). There was some delay, then POWERDIRECTOR crashed - and my file was lost! Very aggravating… (which I don't understand, since I had saved it multiple times.)

Then when I restarted the program, I would be get the 'above' behavior whenever I tried to do the simplest thing - adding a SINGLE slide to the timeline - even from my local drive.

My Attempt to Recover
I assumed that if I reinstalled the product all would be well. But, no. I have reinstalled the product and patch, but I still get the same result. Obviously, there must be some other file that is causing the trouble.

Please help.

==========================================
an update from cyberlink support

In response to your concern we want to inform you that we recommend and support all the CyberLink softwares in the Administrator account.

As user accounts does not have necessary privilages to run the software.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, isn't that great. Cyberlink has decided to ignore Microsoft's entire security model. This doesn't explain why the product was working fine in my user account until it didn't... The support at this company is the worst I've ever seen.

So, to the community... Is anyone running PowerDirector7 or 7 Ultra in a non-systems administrator account?

Thanks.
I cannot get the GPU acceleration to work. I've tried to follow the various threads. Please look at my attached file and tell me what is wrong.

Key question, do I need the ULTRA Version to get the GPU acceleration?

Thanks, Peter
I have PowerDirector 7 (not the HD version)

I looking to improve the quality of my movies. I am not sure which format to choose - there is no documentation. AVI? MPEG2? 4-AVC?

It looks like the options in the profile (in Produce) offer me some clues.
Is it possible to increase the quality to 1080i? What happens if you play on a SD TV? What's the highest resolution (the specific choice) for SD TV playback?
I am eager to turn on the advanced GPU features, but I can't figure it out. I have the latest ATI driver, it is 2009.0203.2228.40314. This is for a Vista 64 bit machine. I saw a posting on this forum elsewhere and talked about an entirely different version number.

Is the availability of ATI available for 64 bit Vista? or only 32 bit.

My machine also has the Intel i7, but I am assuming that you don't have to do anything for all processors to work.

Any advice? Thanks.

=================================

as of June 9, 2009

I have had multiple interactions with support and they are completely unhelpful. They are unable to diagnose a problem or have a conversation about it. I provided detailed screenshots regarding all aspects of my configuration - and they have not made any effort to understand the problem or provide a straightforward solution.

They are either spiteful or they simply can't read and write english (which may be the case). Our last communication was 'try to' install the ULTRA version and see if the problem is fixed. Either ULTRA is required or it isn't - they wouldn't say - and they suggest I waste my time. (and pay for an upgrade) I am very disappointed because one of the reasons I chose this product was that it would take full advantage of the multi-processing. I am certain that I was misled, though I am not going to go back and re-read the web pages that said that 'multi-core' processing is enabled. Pretty dishonest.
Go to: