Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
ATI 4850 Graphics Card & Vista 64 SP1
[Post New]
I am eager to turn on the advanced GPU features, but I can't figure it out. I have the latest ATI driver, it is 2009.0203.2228.40314. This is for a Vista 64 bit machine. I saw a posting on this forum elsewhere and talked about an entirely different version number.

Is the availability of ATI available for 64 bit Vista? or only 32 bit.

My machine also has the Intel i7, but I am assuming that you don't have to do anything for all processors to work.

Any advice? Thanks.

=================================

as of June 9, 2009

I have had multiple interactions with support and they are completely unhelpful. They are unable to diagnose a problem or have a conversation about it. I provided detailed screenshots regarding all aspects of my configuration - and they have not made any effort to understand the problem or provide a straightforward solution.

They are either spiteful or they simply can't read and write english (which may be the case). Our last communication was 'try to' install the ULTRA version and see if the problem is fixed. Either ULTRA is required or it isn't - they wouldn't say - and they suggest I waste my time. (and pay for an upgrade) I am very disappointed because one of the reasons I chose this product was that it would take full advantage of the multi-processing. I am certain that I was misled, though I am not going to go back and re-read the web pages that said that 'multi-core' processing is enabled. Pretty dishonest.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 09. 2009 22:03

CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,

You need to install the latest path update from the CyberLink web site for PDR 7: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_US.html

And then follow these steps to activate it in settings (note that it is the same for ATI):

Enabling CPU/GPU Optimization
To enable NVIDIA® CUDA™ technology, do this:

From the system menu, select Edit > Preferences.
1. Click on the Editing tab.
2. Select the Enable NVIDIA CUDA GPU acceleration on video clips check box within the GPU acceleration area.*
3. Click on the OK button to save your changes.
4. To activate NVIDIA® CUDA™ encoding technology, do this:

Once you are finished creating your video, click on Produce to launch the Production Wizard.
1. Select Create a File and then select the Portable.MPEG-4 format.
2. Proceed to Step 3 by clicking the Next button.
3. Select the Enable GPU hardware video encoder check box option on the Step 3 page.*
4. Click the Start rendering button to produce your file.

If your computer does support it, this will then work
Regards
David
Vidz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2009 00:09 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

From the system menu, select Edit > Preferences.
1. Click on the Editing tab.
2. Select the Enable NVIDIA CUDA GPU acceleration on video clips check box within the GPU acceleration area.*
3. Click on the OK button to save your changes.
4. To activate NVIDIA® CUDA™ encoding technology, do this:

Sorry, found out my problem was stated in another thread. hehe

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 10. 2009 06:28