Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have not been able to get the Playback Mode to work correctly.
I have gone into the Playback Mode section when I am creating a disc and I want the disc to play only the selected Chapter and then go back to the disc menu / start menu. I have the correct button checked and it says "Play the Selected Title Only", but when burned to disc it goes right through all chapters and does not stop. I have the Chapters set in the Chapter section of the editing process and the disc menu that I create allows the user to choose each individual chapter that they want to play.
Is there something that I am missing here?
I did go the the Tutorial section of the forum and I saw the topic posted there, with the screen shot showing how to make the settings for this feature, but again, it is not working for me.
Thanks for any help you may be able to give!
Jim
Still unsuccessful. Thank you for your input James. I have tried everything. I have tried slowest speed burn, create a folder instead of and in addition to create a disc, complete uninstall / reinstall, attempting with the patch installed and not installed, and I could go on....
The most frustrating thing is that it was working perfectly, even with these SAME video files. In fact I even burned the project once before but just didn't like the menu settings, so I did a little more editing and now nothing.
I even went back and tried to burn another completely different project and it also fails.
The only thing that I can think of is that I did an uninstall (using the Vista uninstaller) of a program that was on the computer sometime around the start of this problem (but in reality, I am probably reaching here). The program is called Replay AV and it is used to capture video from online URL's. But several reinstalls of PD should have been fine in creating a working program.
I don't get it.
Frustrated to say the least. Thanks.
Jim
I keep getting the following error message when I try to burn a DVD: "Burning Unsuccessful Unspecified Error"
It goes to 10% very quickly and then gives the error.
I have tried: making minor changes to the saved file and burning again,
uninstalling the program and reinstalling,
updating to the most recent 'build',
using CCleaner and then retrying,
rebooting CPU,
trying a different disc,
and probably some that I am not thinking of...
I am using PD v. 8 with the most recent build and I have read all the forum topics that I can find but did not see any help.
Vista 64 and I have plenty of disk space and memory to perform this. The disc contents are very simple and there is not a lot of menu creation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have sent a message to customer service and have not heard back yet.
Thanks
Jim
That was HUGELY helpful. Thank you.
However, now I am having another problem that JUST started when I went to burn that DVD.
I created a new post and put it up.
Thanks again.
Jim
I have a disc that has 3 informational videos on it and I want to enable the DVD to stop after playing each video (chapter)....or to revert back to the main menu page. Is there ANY way of doing this?
Thank you so much for any help.
Jim
EXCELLENT!
Thanks Tom.
I guess when it does SmartFit, that if it has to compress it, I will lose a little video quality, right? But probably not much if it is only a little over the 4.7gb limit on High Quality....?
Thanks
Jim
When I get to the end of the editing function and want to produce a disk, if the video is over an hour and/or I add menus, etc, the finished product will not all fit onto one disk. Is there any way to compress the video to get it one one, and of course not lose too much quality?
Any secondary program where it may compress it and then I can upload that file back into PD7 in order to create my menus / chapters from there? Or does PD7 have a function that will do that?
I am capturing and working with AVI files.
Thanks for the help!
Jim
I started using PD 7 on a computer who's specifications are plenty good enought to handle large files. It is Vista, has 6g Intel Core Duo, 500gb hard drive.
When I first installed the program and used it, I could get the project to completion with anything that I wanted to do: transitions, menus, etc...and get a completed disc burned without a problem. I always capture my DV files as .AVI's and that is how I edit them also. I find that this gives me the best end result.
I did upgrade with some "patches" when the program said that one was available. Since then, I have had nothing but headaches. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and I continue to get: application crashes during burning, then I have to turn off the computer because the disc that it is trying to burn won't stop spinning and I can not eject it.
I have minimized the number of programs that start when the computer boots up. I have tried other editing methods with all having the same end result...crash.
I am ready to ask for a full refund and wanted to know if anyone can help first.
Thanks.
Jim
Go to: