Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Burning Unsuccessful Unspecified Error??? HELP!
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 10:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I keep getting the following error message when I try to burn a DVD: "Burning Unsuccessful Unspecified Error"
It goes to 10% very quickly and then gives the error.
I have tried: making minor changes to the saved file and burning again,
uninstalling the program and reinstalling,
updating to the most recent 'build',
using CCleaner and then retrying,
rebooting CPU,
trying a different disc,
and probably some that I am not thinking of...
I am using PD v. 8 with the most recent build and I have read all the forum topics that I can find but did not see any help.
Vista 64 and I have plenty of disk space and memory to perform this. The disc contents are very simple and there is not a lot of menu creation.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have sent a message to customer service and have not heard back yet.
Thanks
Jim
James W
Senior Contributor Location: Lakeland, FL USA Joined: Aug 18, 2008 10:36 Messages: 911 Offline
[Post New]
Have you seen this thread?

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/11328.page

I recommend the same advice to you as I recommended in this post. Q9300 2.5 GHz
4 GB Ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 10:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Still unsuccessful. Thank you for your input James. I have tried everything. I have tried slowest speed burn, create a folder instead of and in addition to create a disc, complete uninstall / reinstall, attempting with the patch installed and not installed, and I could go on....
The most frustrating thing is that it was working perfectly, even with these SAME video files. In fact I even burned the project once before but just didn't like the menu settings, so I did a little more editing and now nothing.
I even went back and tried to burn another completely different project and it also fails.
The only thing that I can think of is that I did an uninstall (using the Vista uninstaller) of a program that was on the computer sometime around the start of this problem (but in reality, I am probably reaching here). The program is called Replay AV and it is used to capture video from online URL's. But several reinstalls of PD should have been fine in creating a working program.
I don't get it.
Frustrated to say the least. Thanks.
Jim