Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Compress To One Disk?
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 10:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
When I get to the end of the editing function and want to produce a disk, if the video is over an hour and/or I add menus, etc, the finished product will not all fit onto one disk. Is there any way to compress the video to get it one one, and of course not lose too much quality?
Any secondary program where it may compress it and then I can upload that file back into PD7 in order to create my menus / chapters from there? Or does PD7 have a function that will do that?
I am capturing and working with AVI files.
Thanks for the help!
Jim
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St Helens, Merseyside, UK Joined: Jul 23, 2007 14:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Jim

At the bottom of the create disc screen, is a bar indicating the size of the project against the disc space available. If it is too large to fit the disc look towards the right of the bar where there is a spanner symbol.

Click on this and in the window that opens; under the disc format tab you will see video quality. In the drop down menu you can select between LP, SP, HQ or smart fit.

Does this help/

Tom

Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 10:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
EXCELLENT!
Thanks Tom.
I guess when it does SmartFit, that if it has to compress it, I will lose a little video quality, right? But probably not much if it is only a little over the 4.7gb limit on High Quality....?
Thanks
Jim
Tom [Avatar]
Newbie Location: St Helens, Merseyside, UK Joined: Jul 23, 2007 14:08 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Jim

Obviously the higher the compression the lower the quality. Smart fit fills the disc space available, so is best if only a little over.

You can see the difference by selecting each quality setting, and click on ok. See the effect on the bar. This does not commit you to anything, as you simply reselect and change again.

Tom