Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 7 Crashes Repeatedly...Any Help?
Jim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2009 10:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I started using PD 7 on a computer who's specifications are plenty good enought to handle large files. It is Vista, has 6g Intel Core Duo, 500gb hard drive.
When I first installed the program and used it, I could get the project to completion with anything that I wanted to do: transitions, menus, etc...and get a completed disc burned without a problem. I always capture my DV files as .AVI's and that is how I edit them also. I find that this gives me the best end result.
I did upgrade with some "patches" when the program said that one was available. Since then, I have had nothing but headaches. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times and I continue to get: application crashes during burning, then I have to turn off the computer because the disc that it is trying to burn won't stop spinning and I can not eject it.
I have minimized the number of programs that start when the computer boots up. I have tried other editing methods with all having the same end result...crash.
I am ready to ask for a full refund and wanted to know if anyone can help first.
Thanks.
Jim
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Jim
It is sad your hear your story. Uninstalling PD7 normally leaves residual folders and registry entries.
Here is what you do.
1) Uninstall the normal way
2) Use windows search and type "Cyberlink" in the search window
3) Delete all the files & folders
4) Click start
5) Click run
6) Type regedit
7) The registry will open
Click edit
9) Click Find ( CTRL+F)
10) Type cyberlink in the edit window
11) Click find next
12) The registry will search and stop at the 1st reference of the keyword
13) Delete the entry
14) Press F3
15) You will get the next entry of cyberlink, delete
16) Continue till all entries are deleted
17) Recheck once again to ensure that all entries are deleted
If you have cleaner software run it.
CCleaner is a freeware Here is the link http://www.piriform.com
Reboot
Reinstall PD7 PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
This is a long shot, but I would also configure any virus / spyware scanners to stay off of the video folders you frequently use. They constantly access the data streams since there is a lot of read/write activity during the processing and rendering of video content to the disks. Its overhead for the PC, and simply one more place something can go wrong.

Most virus scanners have options to 'Exclude' scanning certain folders.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 25. 2009 12:46

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.