Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote Hi

I bought yesterday the new PWD16 Ultimate and when I want to use Vitascene effect, a popup is opening, telling me that I must have an additional license to use it as the license in the pack is for PWD12 or 13 or 14 or 15. what can i do? for Adorage filters same thing I can't save or export any titles..

Bjr,

Aimez-vs cette version? (Do you like this version?)

Quelles sont vos premières impressions? (What are your first impressions?)

en dehors de ce problème Vitascene (aside of this Vitascene problem)?

A vous lire. (We appreciate to read you).

Alain II
Quote So what is actually new and a significant featuer too? Last year, if you were not intersted in the 360 or vertical video, it might be a blend modes. I upgraded mostly because I like to have latest and greatest.

Scratching my head right now, asking to myself - what innovative feature Cyberlink brought to the table this year? Maybe a color match or video collage?

I will repeat my question from the last year - is PD finally on the list of the Titler Pro supported platforms?

"Scratching my head right now, asking to myself - what innovative feature Cyberlink brought to the table this year? Maybe a color match or video collage?"....

You are right. If only these two "innovative????" features then PD16 is rip off. All this can be done with external soft. Easily and better.

Cyberlink, sometimes you will need to listen to your customers. Don't be surprised if people walk away... .

Alain II cry
Quote If I take a video clip and reverse it, then I produce it and the finised product is choppy and has a black bars thru it. HELP?

Hello,

Can you show the vid or a jpg of your timeline here?

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote I do not think Humble Bundle did you any favors.

The fact that your LE version of PD is comparable to Movie Maker is exactly the issue of why to never by LE anything.

As stated, there are some very good sales on PD15, and 16 is coming.

Let me ask, what can you tell me about your intended PD computer? Can you give us a DxDiag file on it?

What kind of video/image files do you usually edit? Cameras? How do you let others see your creations? HiDef? 4K? 3D? 360?

Let me finish off by saying you will get a good number of helpers here on the forum, and there are many user-made tutorials, and there is a fella who recently started building THEMES for PD on his own! I have a website dedicated mostly to my "Cyberlink family" here. PowerDirector is a great program, as easy or complex as you want it to be.

I run a very basic podacst/youtube channel mostly just audio and pictures, sometimes video but I want to start doing more visually. I'm useing Filmora now and its okay but lacks many features I was hoping to find with Powerdirector.

"lacks many features I was hoping to find with Powerdirector." You sound pessimistic?

What features did you expect? PD is a good soft but you need to learn how to work with it. Once you understand, you can go quite far with it. Only compositing soft does better, and all other editing soft, have nearly the same features aside of different transitions, but even that you can make in PD.

Alain II
Quote How can I keep the video file and subtitle linked together when moving the video file/frame on the video track during editing? Currently, when I move the video along the time track the subtitle stays in the original place.

Thanks

Hello,

Just click on the subtitle and move to left or right (left) mouse button down. Be aware that when moving the subtitle, the order of your subtitles can change. Check it in the subtitles room.

Alain II
Quote Sorry! I meant to "simulate" camera shake on my fixed cameras that tend to look a bit stiff.

Oops, then I misunderstood.

There are plugins for simulating camera shakes such as here:

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/camera-shake-premiere-pro-preset/ (2nd video)

but the question is which one can be used with PD?

You should contact Adorage/Vitascene and/or New Blue and ask.

I'm not sure this is an "elegant" solution....

Success!

Alain II
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

If you just select the transition(s) - click Modify - & change them to Cross instead of Overlap, that should fix it.

If the audio remains out of sync, rebuild it with your default transition type set to Cross.

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Exactly as Tony explains here. You made an overlap and that could be the reason.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If you allow me: when filming music clips "tell a story". The cams should shoot closer and at least one should move as if you use a steady cam for solos. Use overlays and graphical art to mask imperfections such as "too static views". When a solo, get very close, that fills and gives "movement".The musicians should also move a bit more even playing jazz, and show more confidence. it's a bit too "crampy".

Even with slow music, the cams should give a rhythm and not bore the viewer. Study good live music vids on YT, there are plenty.... You don't need necessarily a lot of artifacts on a stage but artifice in your creativity and tricks box. That last will surprise your viewers. Use image synthesizers. They fit tremendously well to PD.

Let me know what you think of this one Alain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK7o-j0Z3s I had been experimienting a bit more with the motion effects. Other than re-shooting, any suggestions. Thanks, ANdrew

This vid is already much better! There are movement and rhythm is the picture. When you do the "live steady cam" don't go back too fast cause forward and backward makes "sick" :. Even in front of your screen editing avoid too many crops. Stick to the solo, eventually close-ups of the musicians face, the fingers. People like to see details. Also, learn to adjust your cams such that each section of musicians ( horns, bass and drums, keyboards, have their own cam aside of you doing the steady cam (relation between the cams). Put your tripods at different levels so you have different perspectives. Drums and snare drums (the rhythm), the bass drum (the foot on the pedal), etc. Watch YT live concerts.

When you film stick to the 10 secs rule per rush: when editing use max 4-5 secs except when needed: a solo.

"Having 5 HD cameras with one moving was a nightmare to edit!". Just for that, make a plan how you film without being in the view of other cams and best is to reshoot the "steady cam" alone and add it to the edit without sound since you have a sound track already. These cuts "can" fit perfectly well.

Finally, experiment, test, experiment, test, dare to be creative and improvise. PD is a good soft but one has to push it at the boundaries to use it to the best possible way. And use overlays and graphics. In this room, you could use chroma key techniques (green screen) and avoid the wall's colors and add moving backgrounds, or the PiP technique, etc.

Success!

Alain II

Thaks Allain,

The feedback and tips are appreciated.

Are you aware of a camera shake plugin for PD that is effective? I have been using crop and zoom features, but it's not the easiest method.

Hello,

Have you tried the video stabilizer of the program? If so, and not too satisfactory, you can try Mercalli 4 (very good slow motion) and/or Repeedr (both stand alone progs). They are quite (to very) good. I use these instead of a steady cam (Glidecam 4000HD) (Sony cams in my case). I find Respeedr even doing a better job. But be aware that when you use it to film people and because your slow the footage a little, and crop automatically, editing can become tricky. You can try the progs before you buy. So nothing to lose.

Otherwise, a good and very cheap solution I tried with astonishing results for a "ridiculous" price of... +- 15US$ like this here:

https://tinyurl.com/ycazh5po.

Made of quite strong plastic, lightweight, with a handle you can use with just a few fingers, walk, run, and it is damping* the vibrations of the body (of course very important). For your cams could be ideal. You find "all" prices on Ebay, Amazon, etc. All are probably coming out of the same factories, just the brand changes and the price...;-(. Used with a Sony AX100E ameliorated with wide angle lens, etc. up to 1,6KG and then going through Respeedr, makes very good pics. No hassle walking with a heavy and expensive Glidecam unless your partner wants to carry it around.... kiss (mine definitively NOT, I was warned! cry).

The gimbal with a good action cam is also interesting and no need to buy a GoPro (competition is hard and even for 100$ you can find good action cams). GoPro (for me) is a hype. The videos sell the gear and the dream....

Success.

Alain II

* Damping (moderate, break, contain = not sure damping is the right word but I give it a try. Someone will be kind enough to correct me? I need to learn till the very last gasp...).
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

If you just select the transition(s) - click Modify - & change them to Cross instead of Overlap, that should fix it.

If the audio remains out of sync, rebuild it with your default transition type set to Cross.

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Exactly as Tony explains here. You made an overlap and that could be the reason.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If you allow me: when filming music clips "tell a story". The cams should shoot closer and at least one should move as if you use a steady cam for solos. Use overlays and graphical art to mask imperfections such as "too static views". When a solo, get very close, that fills and gives "movement".The musicians should also move a bit more even playing jazz, and show more confidence. it's a bit too "crampy".

Even with slow music, the cams should give a rhythm and not bore the viewer. Study good live music vids on YT, there are plenty.... You don't need necessarily a lot of artifacts on a stage but artifice in your creativity and tricks box. That last will surprise your viewers. Use image synthesizers. They fit tremendously well to PD.

Let me know what you think of this one Alain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK7o-j0Z3s I had been experimienting a bit more with the motion effects. Other than re-shooting, any suggestions. Thanks, ANdrew

This vid is already much better! There are movement and rhythm is the picture. When you do the "live steady cam" don't go back too fast cause forward and backward makes "sick" :. Even in front of your screen editing avoid too many crops. Stick to the solo, eventually close-ups of the musicians face, the fingers. People like to see details. Also, learn to adjust your cams such that each section of musicians ( horns, bass and drums, keyboards, have their own cam aside of you doing the steady cam (relation between the cams). Put your tripods at different levels so you have different perspectives. Drums and snare drums (the rhythm), the bass drum (the foot on the pedal), etc. Watch YT live concerts.

When you film stick to the 10 secs rule per rush: when editing use max 4-5 secs except when needed: a solo.

"Having 5 HD cameras with one moving was a nightmare to edit!". Just for that, make a plan how you film without being in the view of other cams and best is to reshoot the "steady cam" alone and add it to the edit without sound since you have a sound track already. These cuts "can" fit perfectly well.

Finally, experiment, test, experiment, test, dare to be creative and improvise. PD is a good soft but one has to push it at the boundaries to use it to the best possible way. And use overlays and graphics. In this room, you could use chroma key techniques (green screen) and avoid the wall's colors and add moving backgrounds, or the PiP technique, etc.

Success!

Alain II
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Success!

Alain II

Quote Is there any way to fix a very underexposed / dark area of a video using Color Director 4?

I have just started using the program and have no idea how to fix that dark / underexposed area.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Hello and welcome to the ColorDirector forum,

Import your video in CD (through PD if well installed and connected) - see fix/enhance in PD > Colordirector above left.

• go to the image or quantity of images you need to boost (regionally)

• choose left "regional adjustment tools" + selection mask (the bezier dots)

• click bezier lines around the part that you need to treat. This will make a mask ( the first mask is red, + 4 others can be used)

• then under "tone" >polish up exposure, brightness, contrast + other adjustments you eventually need

• click "back" above left to go back to PD. The changes will appear in your timeline track

• do additional general adjustments, if needed, under "fix/enhance" and "color adjustment"

• Done!

Success!

Alain II
Quote Hi everyone.

I am just putting final touches on a film clip of a band. I used multicam designer.

I am adding in transitions between the camera angles using "adorage". But it seems to put the audio out of whack with the video. It's like the transition is added to the length of the clip?

I am just wnating to fade one camera out while the other is fading in.

Any thoughts are greatfully appreciated.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Can you show a jpg of the expanded timeline where you placed the Adorage effect?

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote Thanks for your response! So, yea, I need to keep a blur over the logo on the tee shirt which is moving on the man throughout the movie.

Do you mean keeping the blur effect in "motion tracking" constantly on the logo or an object, I presume?

YES

Is the subject moving a lot in the video?

YES

Is the subject filmed in one 30 minutes shot or in different shots?

DIFFERENT SHOTS, HOWEVER, EVEN when he is standing relatively still, the blur only lasts a few minutes even though I need it to stay blured over the logo for many minutes.

Are there any obstacles (cables, wires, etc.) in front of the subject passing through the images?

NO

Thanks. Angela

Quote Hi, So, as youl can see on attached photo, the blur of the

travel agency name disappears after a few frames, even though the

video is not sliced. Anyone know how to make the tracking last for the entire video instead of for just

a few frames? Thanks.

Hello Angela,

Can you give a little more explanation? I have seen the image with the gentleman and the T-shirt.

Do you mean keeping the blur effect in "motion tracking" constantly on the logo or an object, I presume? Is the subject moving a lot in the video? Is the subject filmed in one 30 minutes shot or in different shots?

Are there any obstacles (cables, wires, etc.) in front of the subject passing through the images?

Thanks.

Alan II :

Hello Angela,

Thanks for the details. Motion tracker in PD as in CD (Colordirector) is an algorithm. And it's quite weak in this software.

You will find quite scientific info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_tracking

If the subject is followed by motion tracking all kinds of aspects play a role ( light, color fade, (strenght), interruption of the tracking by obstacles passing in front of the subject, the sharpness of the footage, etc.). So, MT hooks on a specific subject it needs to recognize constantly. If it does not it just loses tracking. See following German video example hereunder. It's not important you understand the gentleman but rather look carefully at the video with the blue "Schwebebahn" (the monorail) and the red little car at the lights. Once there's an obstacle or problem as described above the algorithm seems lost.

The German video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1PwLxaHsYs

The best way to keep track is to slice the footage and keep the best parts according to sharpness, light, and all things enumerated above. If you cut in the footage you will need to readjust all the time just as using MT in Colordirector (the automatic way) but there too the tracking is extremely weak. You can still do this manually in CD but it's a hell of a job and your camera should film from a tripod to avoid ALL movements by itself. In PD all this happens automatically and I have not yet tried a manual approach sending the video to other progs such as DaVinci Resolve, etc.

We have not seen your video so it's difficult to give exact advice and if there's a speech by the gentleman or so and he is moving a lot I can imagine you will have a hard time blur the subject on the T-shirt for a long period let stand loose audio when editing?

Maybe others here have a solution and I look forward reading their comments just like you.

All the best.

Alan

PS. What you can also do is make a matte in a new layer (track) big enough to hide the subject and move it when necessary.
Quote Hi, So, as youl can see on attached photo, the blur of the

travel agency name disappears after a few frames, even though the

video is not sliced. Anyone know how to make the tracking last for the entire video instead of for just

a few frames? Thanks.

Hello Angela,

Can you give a little more explanation? I have seen the image with the gentleman and the T-shirt.

Do you mean keeping the blur effect in "motion tracking" constantly on the logo or an object, I presume? Is the subject moving a lot in the video? Is the subject filmed in one 30 minutes shot or in different shots?

Thanks.

Alan II :
Quote I noticed this problem on and off after I got the product but it happened rarely so it didn't bother me as much. But now I literally can't do anything.

I'm on a Windows 10 desktop, 64-bit. The program was working fine in April, when I used it last (I don't do a whole lot yet, still learning). I went to reopen an old file and edit a video I've made, and I can't do anything. Try to import a file, it freezes. Try to change a video clip speed, it freezes. Try to take a snapshot, it freezes. Try to SAVE my work....it freezes. I've been at this for two hours and haven't moved forward one inch.

Can someone please help me?

Hi,

What computer specifications? Laptop, desktop, CPU, GPU, RAM?

SSD or/and HD? Internal/external?

Have you tried to give priority to the program by opening the Task Manager of Windows 10 (alt, crtl +delete) and set up the priority to "High" for PD? Close all progs in the back (browser, email, and progrs not needed during the editing). Do you use effects? Do you colorize, do you enhance the footage under fix/enhance? All this causes a "bottleneck" if the CPU is not fast enough (core needs to calculate a lot and this may take some time). It happens the freeze shows a blur page on screen, but wait a bit longer than what you feel your computer needs. Sometimes it can take up to 2-3 minutes before the computer clears all calculation memory and runs normally again.

Do you defragment regularly your HD? No need for SSD's

Alain II
Quote Hi Alain,

thanks for your response. I do have ColorDirector 4, but not Magic Wand. Is it possible to do this in ColorDirector 4?

many thanks

kind regards

Aron

Hello again,

Yes, it is possible with CD4 but the results won't be terrific... a weak point of CD4/5.

I prepare some explanations and examples. Magic wand is an effect/tool in graphical soft such as Photoshop, Paint.net, Corel Painst Shop Pro, etc. Do you have one of those progs? Would help for different results.

Have you seen the Cyberlink video tutorial on "Motion tracking mask" in CD4/5 and read the help file? Open CD4 and in the upper right corner you see a question mark, click it and it opens a video tutorial, type "motion tracking mask ColorDirector" in YT and you see some examples that will bring you on the way "for the mechanics". See also PiP (picture in picture) PowerDirector 14 on YT.

Alain II
Quote Hey there, I am really a newbie and so
please forgive this question if it is obvious, but please could you tell
me if there is any way within PowerDirector 14 to cut out the background of a video.

For example, I have a video of a girl walking on the beach. I want to cut out the beach background and put in the background of an urban environment.

Is this at all possible in PowerDirector 14?

Thank you for any replies.

Best regards

Aron

Hi Aron,

This is possible but different approaches and...results. What graphic soft do you use? Familiar with magic wand effects? Got ColorDirector?

Alain II

-
Quote Hi

Sorry if this seems a weird question but placeholders used in express projects. Is it possible to create these? Presumably this can be done by copying an existing placeholder and changing the attributes.

But is there a way to create one from scratch?

Thanks

philwizzer

Hello Philwizzer,

In express projects just put one of the examples in the timelines and change these attributes using the PiPdesigner, particles designer, png's, etc. as you suggested. With some imagination and creativity, it's easy to make this happen with a graphic program such a the excellent free soft paint.net or all other good ones. Unfortunately, I don't see a possibility to record newly created placeholders but then you can load them to the cloud?

Success!

Alain II :
Quote M2ts files rendered in PD14 and put on USB stick appear to 'miss a beat' every second or so (pan shots only) making the shot unacceptably jerky. PC is Dell XPS 8700 with 12GB memory. My DVD version, although lower resolution, has no jerks or steps in pan shots.

Just to clarify. The USB material and the DVD clips are the same, just rendered and burned.

What is the resolution and frame rate when you import from your camera. What is the specification of the profile you are producing to.

If by some chance the above clips are different, is it possible that the video was taken with a lower shutter setting than normal as this would cause a little jerkiness during a pan

Hello all,

Is it not the "velocity" of your USB-stick that makes the shot jerky? I tested doing the same things on sticks and had the same problems. When put on an SD "high level and speed" the flow was constant and smooth.

Try it out.

In video editing one has to test all sort of things that are not written in de user's guide.

Success.

Alain II

Hi Alain

I had the impression from OP that the jerkyness only occured with panning shots. If it's the stick why does it only happen with panning?

Robert

Hello Robert,

Yu are right but if I understand the OP well the jerkiness is seen when a panning shot. Shots that fix an object and no movement can have it also but are less visible.

On an SSD that reads average 450 to 600 MB/second that problem will (should) nearly not occur. The SD-card should read at least 90mb/sec.

The desktop I made the particles transition in PD 14 yesterday shows a similar problem but when I uploaded the example to YT (see my previous thread concerning the particles transition in the forum) that jerkiness just disappeared and the color balls in the particles effect run smoothly). The YT servers run extremely fast, are in numbers and support well HD and above.

One has to try it out. If it doesn't do the job maybe the computer is not fast enough to read it after it was rendered?

Alain II

Here's info that might work: http://kb2.adobe.com/community/publishing/908/cpsid_90843.html

Alain II
Quote M2ts files rendered in PD14 and put on USB stick appear to 'miss a beat' every second or so (pan shots only) making the shot unacceptably jerky. PC is Dell XPS 8700 with 12GB memory. My DVD version, although lower resolution, has no jerks or steps in pan shots.

Just to clarify. The USB material and the DVD clips are the same, just rendered and burned.

What is the resolution and frame rate when you import from your camera. What is the specification of the profile you are producing to.

If by some chance the above clips are different, is it possible that the video was taken with a lower shutter setting than normal as this would cause a little jerkiness during a pan

Hello all,

Is it not the "velocity" of your USB-stick that makes the shot jerky? I tested doing the same things on sticks and had the same problems. When put on an SD "high level and speed" the flow was constant and smooth.

Try it out.

In video editing one has to test all sort of things that are not written in de user's guide.

Success.

Alain II

Hi Alain

I had the impression from OP that the jerkyness only occured with panning shots. If it's the stick why does it only happen with panning?

Robert

Hello Robert,

Yu are right but if I understand the OP well the jerkiness is seen when a panning shot. Shots that fix an object and no movement can have it also but are less visible.

On an SSD that reads average 450 to 600 MB/second that problem will (should) nearly not occur. The SD-card should read at least 90mb/sec.

The desktop I made the particles transition in PD 14 yesterday shows a similar problem but when I uploaded the example to YT (see my previous thread concerning the particles transition in the forum) that jerkiness just disappeared and the color balls in the particles effect run smoothly). The YT servers run extremely fast, are in numbers and support well HD and above.

One has to try it out. If it doesn't do the job maybe the computer is not fast enough to read it after it was rendered?

Alain II

Hello all,

Try it out.

Success.

Alain II
Problem solved.

Here's a link to YT with the example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTh1qwODuCg

Alain II
Go to: