Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adorage transition putting things out of sync
Spies12345 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 16, 2015 19:00 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone.

I am just putting final touches on a film clip of a band. I used multicam designer.

I am adding in transitions between the camera angles using "adorage". But it seems to put the audio out of whack with the video. It's like the transition is added to the length of the clip?

I am just wnating to fade one camera out while the other is fading in.

Any thoughts are greatfully appreciated.

Andrew Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone.

I am just putting final touches on a film clip of a band. I used multicam designer.

I am adding in transitions between the camera angles using "adorage". But it seems to put the audio out of whack with the video. It's like the transition is added to the length of the clip?

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Can you show a jpg of the expanded timeline where you placed the Adorage effect?

Thanks.

Alain II
Spies12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi everyone.

Andrew

Hello Andrew,

Can you show a jpg of the expanded timeline where you placed the Adorage effect?

Thanks.

Alain II

Thanks Alain,

Here are some screenshots.

And here is an idea of the clip without the transisitons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjdrle53pq0&t=135s

I appreciate your help.
[Thumb - Screen 1.png]
 Filename
Screen 1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2182 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)
[Thumb - Screen 2.png]
 Filename
Screen 2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1156 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2017 00:45

Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Spies12345 -

If you just select the transition(s) - click Modify - & change them to Cross instead of Overlap, that should fix it.

If the audio remains out of sync, rebuild it with your default transition type set to Cross.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

If you just select the transition(s) - click Modify - & change them to Cross instead of Overlap, that should fix it.

If the audio remains out of sync, rebuild it with your default transition type set to Cross.

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Exactly as Tony explains here. You made an overlap and that could be the reason.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If you allow me: when filming music clips "tell a story". The cams should shoot closer and at least one should move as if you use a steady cam for solos. Use overlays and graphical art to mask imperfections such as "too static views". When a solo, get very close, that fills and gives "movement".The musicians should also move a bit more even playing jazz, and show more confidence. it's a bit too "crampy".

Even with slow music, the cams should give a rhythm and not bore the viewer. Study good live music vids on YT, there are plenty.... You don't need necessarily a lot of artifacts on a stage but artifice in your creativity and tricks box. That last will surprise your viewers. Use image synthesizers. They fit tremendously well to PD.
Spies12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Excellent. Worked perfectly. Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
Spies12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Exactly as Tony explains here. You made an overlap and that could be the reason.

Success!

Alain II

PS. If you allow me: when filming music clips "tell a story". The cams should shoot closer and at least one should move as if you use a steady cam for solos. Use overlays and graphical art to mask imperfections such as "too static views". When a solo, get very close, that fills and gives "movement".The musicians should also move a bit more even playing jazz, and show more confidence. it's a bit too "crampy".

Even with slow music, the cams should give a rhythm and not bore the viewer. Study good live music vids on YT, there are plenty.... You don't need necessarily a lot of artifacts on a stage but artifice in your creativity and tricks box. That last will surprise your viewers. Use image synthesizers. They fit tremendously well to PD.

Thanks for the feedback. This is quite new to me, and having 5 HD cameras with one moving was a nightmare to edit! But those points make so much sence. I mgiht experiment a bit more and see what I come up with. It was a small room, so a bit tricky to get up close. The band was a bit flat, so there's not a lot of movement in that number. I'll keep experimenting.. Thanks. Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
Spies12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Success!

Alain II

Let me know what you think of this one Alain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK7o-j0Z3s I had been experimienting a bit more with the motion effects. Other than re-shooting, any suggestions. Thanks, ANdrew Sony AX53 camera / 4 Panasonic HC-V270 cameras / PD14 / I7-6700 /
GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Success!

Alain II

Let me know what you think of this one Alain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK7o-j0Z3s I had been experimienting a bit more with the motion effects. Other than re-shooting, any suggestions. Thanks, ANdrew

This vid is already much better! There are movement and rhythm is the picture. When you do the "live steady cam" don't go back too fast cause forward and backward makes "sick" :. Even in front of your screen editing avoid too many crops. Stick to the solo, eventually close-ups of the musicians face, the fingers. People like to see details. Also, learn to adjust your cams such that each section of musicians ( horns, bass and drums, keyboards, have their own cam aside of you doing the steady cam (relation between the cams). Put your tripods at different levels so you have different perspectives. Drums and snare drums (the rhythm), the bass drum (the foot on the pedal), etc. Watch YT live concerts.

When you film stick to the 10 secs rule per rush: when editing use max 4-5 secs except when needed: a solo.

"Having 5 HD cameras with one moving was a nightmare to edit!". Just for that, make a plan how you film without being in the view of other cams and best is to reshoot the "steady cam" alone and add it to the edit without sound since you have a sound track already. These cuts "can" fit perfectly well.

Finally, experiment, test, experiment, test, dare to be creative and improvise. PD is a good soft but one has to push it at the boundaries to use it to the best possible way. And use overlays and graphics. In this room, you could use chroma key techniques (green screen) and avoid the wall's colors and add moving backgrounds, or the PiP technique, etc.

Success!

Alain II
Spies12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Success!

Alain II

Let me know what you think of this one Alain. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpK7o-j0Z3s I had been experimienting a bit more with the motion effects. Other than re-shooting, any suggestions. Thanks, ANdrew

This vid is already much better! There are movement and rhythm is the picture. When you do the "live steady cam" don't go back too fast cause forward and backward makes "sick" :. Even in front of your screen editing avoid too many crops. Stick to the solo, eventually close-ups of the musicians face, the fingers. People like to see details. Also, learn to adjust your cams such that each section of musicians ( horns, bass and drums, keyboards, have their own cam aside of you doing the steady cam (relation between the cams). Put your tripods at different levels so you have different perspectives. Drums and snare drums (the rhythm), the bass drum (the foot on the pedal), etc. Watch YT live concerts.

When you film stick to the 10 secs rule per rush: when editing use max 4-5 secs except when needed: a solo.

"Having 5 HD cameras with one moving was a nightmare to edit!". Just for that, make a plan how you film without being in the view of other cams and best is to reshoot the "steady cam" alone and add it to the edit without sound since you have a sound track already. These cuts "can" fit perfectly well.

Finally, experiment, test, experiment, test, dare to be creative and improvise. PD is a good soft but one has to push it at the boundaries to use it to the best possible way. And use overlays and graphics. In this room, you could use chroma key techniques (green screen) and avoid the wall's colors and add moving backgrounds, or the PiP technique, etc.

Success!

Alain II

Thaks Allain,

The feedback and tips are appreciated.

Are you aware of a camera shake plugin for PD that is effective? I have been using crop and zoom features, but it's not the easiest method.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2017 03:30

GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Spies12345 -

Cheers - Tony

Hello Spies12345,

Success!

Alain II

Success!

Alain II

Thaks Allain,

The feedback and tips are appreciated.

Are you aware of a camera shake plugin for PD that is effective? I have been using crop and zoom features, but it's not the easiest method.

Hello,

Have you tried the video stabilizer of the program? If so, and not too satisfactory, you can try Mercalli 4 (very good slow motion) and/or Repeedr (both stand alone progs). They are quite (to very) good. I use these instead of a steady cam (Glidecam 4000HD) (Sony cams in my case). I find Respeedr even doing a better job. But be aware that when you use it to film people and because your slow the footage a little, and crop automatically, editing can become tricky. You can try the progs before you buy. So nothing to lose.

Otherwise, a good and very cheap solution I tried with astonishing results for a "ridiculous" price of... +- 15US$ like this here:

https://tinyurl.com/ycazh5po.

Made of quite strong plastic, lightweight, with a handle you can use with just a few fingers, walk, run, and it is damping* the vibrations of the body (of course very important). For your cams could be ideal. You find "all" prices on Ebay, Amazon, etc. All are probably coming out of the same factories, just the brand changes and the price...;-(. Used with a Sony AX100E ameliorated with wide angle lens, etc. up to 1,6KG and then going through Respeedr, makes very good pics. No hassle walking with a heavy and expensive Glidecam unless your partner wants to carry it around.... kiss (mine definitively NOT, I was warned! cry).

The gimbal with a good action cam is also interesting and no need to buy a GoPro (competition is hard and even for 100$ you can find good action cams). GoPro (for me) is a hype. The videos sell the gear and the dream....

Success.

Alain II

* Damping (moderate, break, contain = not sure damping is the right word but I give it a try. Someone will be kind enough to correct me? I need to learn till the very last gasp...).
Spies12345 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry! I meant to "simulate" camera shake on my fixed cameras that tend to look a bit stiff.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 03. 2017 06:31

GTX 1060 TURBO / 16G RAM
Alain II [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sorry! I meant to "simulate" camera shake on my fixed cameras that tend to look a bit stiff.

Oops, then I misunderstood.

There are plugins for simulating camera shakes such as here:

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/camera-shake-premiere-pro-preset/ (2nd video)

but the question is which one can be used with PD?

You should contact Adorage/Vitascene and/or New Blue and ask.

I'm not sure this is an "elegant" solution....

Success!

Alain II