Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16 Release and Discussion
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the new PowerDirector 16 forum.

PowerDirector 16 is now available, so this topic is for members to discuss and ask questions about the new features in the latest version. You learn more about what is available in the new version in the PowerDirector 16 intro video.

This thread is intended to encourage a constructive discussion, and to be a resource for users who are interested in the new version. Any bug reports and complaints are being discouraged, so please start individual topics for such things so that this thread does not become overly long and complex.

Please also note that the suggestions thread for PowerDirector 17 is still open, and can be found here: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63545.page

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Sep 19. 2017 04:49

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
Congratulations on the new Release. Can you please outline if there has been any inclusion to expand the existing BD profiles to now include creating 4K projects in a "Ultra HD Blu-ray" Folder Structure including menus?

Thanks

Nathan PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Congratulations on the new Release. Can you please outline if there has been any inclusion to expand the existing BD profiles to now include creating 4K projects in a "Ultra HD Blu-ray" Folder Structure including menus?

Thanks

Nathan

Hello Nathan,

There is currently no 4K video burning in PowerDirector 16.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2017 05:10

- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]
So what is actually new and a significant featuer too? Last year, if you were not intersted in the 360 or vertical video, it might be a blend modes. I upgraded mostly because I like to have latest and greatest.

Scratching my head right now, asking to myself - what innovative feature Cyberlink brought to the table this year? Maybe a color match or video collage?

I will repeat my question from the last year - is PD finally on the list of the Titler Pro supported platforms?
TheDogMonster [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 05, 2014 00:11 Messages: 61 Offline
[Post New]
The PowerDirector 16 Tutorial links all lead to "Sorry the request could not be completed."

Could someone list the included effects in the BorisFX Units please? Pretty vague merely listing Boris Stylize, Lights, etc. in the comparison. They're certainly not going to be with the trial version. Perhaps somebody could throw together a video and post it?

Compelling reasons to upgrade are thin. I can safely say everyone hoped upon hope for a NB Titler Pro Pro miracle, like ver 2,3 or 4.

Can I safely assume the NewBlue Essentials packs from PD versions past will work in 16?

As for them adding 4K disc writing, discs are so yesteryear it seems far-fetched until many more people jump to 4K players.

Cyberlink and Pinnacle too know exactly what their users want to see upgraded - a pro 3D titler, plugin or integrated. What else is there feature wise we don't have? If either could swing a deal it would be a done deal by now.

NewBlue is a tough cookie with a gold mine in the Titler Pro product line. Pinnacle Studio's Titler has been "fuzzy text" broken since version 15. If you like fuzzy text it's okay. Text on 4K looks much clearer.

I own NB Titler Pro 4 but it sure would be nice to have it integrated in PowerDirector. At least I can use Boris Grafitti text inside Studio for a truly pro titling solution. I'm about done building a Ryzen based sytem and I understand Grafitti may not work on that system from a friend. I wasn't expecting it but a letdown nonetheless. There is the Wonder Woman 3D BlueRay release today though.
CV27 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:51 Messages: 77 Offline
[Post New]
I stuck with PD14 when I saw the early pains of PD15. I might stick with PD14, again, this time until I see:

• Some positive performance benchmarks on PD16

• Some indication of a better integration with AMD/ATI video cards; I know Nvidia rules, but still

• Some reassurance that, beyond flashy new features, the developpers have stabilized code that's already there

I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
In Pd15 the Hardware Video Encoding with Nvidia Geforce GPU's like GTX1060 in Creating BD Discs was deactivated by patch, because it had created BD Discs with Errors. (like Loop Playback).

Is this issue solved with PD16 ?! Could i activate Hardware Coding with my GTX1060 and Create a BD Disc without these Issues (same PD14 and PD15), or is this issue still present ?!

Couldn't test it wie the Trial Version, it always say, i should buy the Full Version...

Before i do this, i want to know, if this issue is solved.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 03:25

[Post New]
Quote The PowerDirector 16 Tutorial links all lead to "Sorry the request could not be completed."

Can I safely assume the NewBlue Essentials packs from PD versions past will work in 16?

The tutorials work for me:

https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/product/powerdirector-ultra

For the old NewBlue bundled packs, it ccould not work in the new version, that's one-version deal.

Quote In Pd15 the Hardware Video Encoding with Nvidia Geforce GPU's like GTX1060 in Creating BD Discs was deactivated by patch, because it had created BD Discs with Errors. (like Loop Playback).Is this issue solved with PD16 ?! Could i activate Hardware Coding with my GTX1060 and Create a BD Disc without these Issues (same PD14 and PD15), or is this issue still present ?!

It's not there, looks like Nvidia doesn't fix their hardware encoder issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 04:55

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
Alain II [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 20, 2015 01:34 Messages: 136 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So what is actually new and a significant featuer too? Last year, if you were not intersted in the 360 or vertical video, it might be a blend modes. I upgraded mostly because I like to have latest and greatest.

Scratching my head right now, asking to myself - what innovative feature Cyberlink brought to the table this year? Maybe a color match or video collage?

I will repeat my question from the last year - is PD finally on the list of the Titler Pro supported platforms?

"Scratching my head right now, asking to myself - what innovative feature Cyberlink brought to the table this year? Maybe a color match or video collage?"....

You are right. If only these two "innovative????" features then PD16 is rip off. All this can be done with external soft. Easily and better.

Cyberlink, sometimes you will need to listen to your customers. Don't be surprised if people walk away... .

Alain II cry
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Still no Chapters, If producing MKV H. 264....i'm dissapointed. No one advantage for me...

Clearly, My PD15 produces Bretter interlaced BD Discs, than PD16.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 07:51

ParticleBeam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2017 14:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is there anywhere that gives details on the UI improvments made in PD16?

I'm particularily interested in the PowerTools/Video Speed function.
Most of my editing is simple how-to type videos and I frequently have a few hundred clips that need to be speed adjusted. Selecting each one individually and applying the speed change can be very tedious.

Will PD16 allow me to select multiple clips on the timeline and apply a speed change to all of them at once?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 09:56

LostTarget [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2008 11:38 Messages: 40 Offline
[Post New]
I do HD videos with a boiler plate opening and closing.

I have PD 14 and purchased, PD 16.

Passed on 15 and looks like I should have waited for the reviews to come in on 16, as I don't see what I gained by upgrading, as I don't see a new must have feature. I don't do 360.

The included Boom audio library dosen't add value.

16 is stable and runs without a hitch on my laptop, but so does 14.

What am I not seeing?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 20. 2017 09:51

[Post New]
Quote Is there anywhere that gives details on the UI improvments made in PD16?

I'm particularily interested in the PowerTools/Video Speed function.
Most of my editing is simple how-to type videos and I frequently have a few hundred clips that need to be speed adjusted. Selecting each one individually and applying the speed change can be very tedious.

Will PD16 allow me to select multiple clips on the timeline and apply a speed change to all of them at once?

Hello,

I just tested this in PowerDirector 16 and it works. Yes you can select multiple clips on the timeline and then enter Power Tools. Once in Power Tools, you can use 2D to 3D, video reverse, change video speed, rotate the videos, and add blending effects on both videos.

Also, all the Fix/Enhance features, including all the new ones, can also be applied to multiple clips on the timeline.

Please see the attached screen shots and let me know if you have more questions.

Also, don't forget you can download the trial version before deciding.

Cheers,

PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - FixEnhance.jpg]
 Filename
FixEnhance.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
247 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
67 time(s)
[Thumb - PowerTools.jpg]
 Filename
PowerTools.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
242 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
69 time(s)
[Thumb - PowerTools2.jpg]
 Filename
PowerTools2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
240 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
63 time(s)

Frankster69 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 13, 2017 13:32 Messages: 68 Offline
[Post New]
I am truly amazed by the 360 stabiliser.

Just quickly re-did one of my latest videos with the new stabilising. I stabilised about 20 or so little clips in this 4 minute movie. If you have two monitors, open a Youtube tab on each and watch them simultaneous (but cut the sound in one of them, for sanity's sake ). The difference is stunning!

Original, unstabilised: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_2bcqaTKs

Redone stabilised version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwT0hFnt66k

Perhaps to some it may not have such big deal upgrades, but for 360 enthusiasts I can tell you it does have some groundbreaking stuff. Some issues thoug, like the 360 Start view edit only makes sense if you move around the Y-axis. Changing X or Z axis view messes up horizon and air. I've opened topics on my issues to not have a discussion here, like advised.

regards, Frank
JosephM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 22, 2014 11:22 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So what is actually new and a significant featuer too? Last year, if you were not intersted in the 360 or vertical video, it might be a blend modes. I upgraded mostly because I like to have latest and greatest.

"Scratching my head right now, asking to myself - what innovative feature Cyberlink brought to the table this year? Maybe a color match or video collage?"....

You are right. If only these two "innovative????" features then PD16 is rip off. All this can be done with external soft. Easily and better.

Cyberlink, sometimes you will need to listen to your customers. Don't be surprised if people walk away... .

Alain II cry

I'm a paid Director Suite customer. But I feel that Filmora is much better for me now, especially when it come to Title effect. Cheers!
jmone
Senior Contributor Location: Australia Joined: Nov 26, 2010 00:05 Messages: 706 Offline
[Post New]
Looking at various containters I don't see any addition of multi-ch lossless audio options. We still seem to be stuck with DD5.1. Given that high quality/bitrate encoding options available (eg H265 @ 3840*2160 @ up to 60fps) it seems odd to not include at least ONE lossless Multi Channel option even if it is LPCM.... or am I missing something?

Thanks

Nathan PD 64 Bit-Win10 64 Bit-32GB RAM-80TB HDD
Sony FX6 - 500Mbps 4k/50p AVC-I HLG
Canon XF400 - 150Mbps 4k/50p AVC
GoPro Hero6 Black
Pana HS700-28Mbps 1080/50p AVC (High@L4.2)
Canon HV20-HDV 25Mbps 16:9 1440x1080/25p MPEG
[Post New]
Hi,

so if i upgrade to PD16 suite i'll loose NewBlue Essential 5 and 6 .

What about Action Pack, Holiday Pack 7, Travel Pack 3 that came with my PD15 ?

ProDad Vitascene 2 LE doesn't work and ask for a license.

Is NewBlue Titler Pro still limited to 8 seconds animation ?

i don't do 360° video.

i think i'll wait the patch update to see if previous delivred plugins have their license back to work in PD16.
[Post New]
Quote Looking at various containters I don't see any addition of multi-ch lossless audio options. We still seem to be stuck with DD5.1. Given that high quality/bitrate encoding options available (eg H265 @ 3840*2160 @ up to 60fps) it seems odd to not include at least ONE lossless Multi Channel option even if it is LPCM.... or am I missing something?
Nathan

Unfortunately we have only DD5.1 or stereo, I don't see any consumer level software can produce Dolby TrueHD or dts master audio.

Maybe we can expect FLAC.

At least now we can produce to .mp4 with DD5.1 in v16, that is NEW!

Quote Hi,

so if i upgrade to PD16 suite i'll loose NewBlue Essential 5 and 6 .

What about Action Pack, Holiday Pack 7, Travel Pack 3 that came with my PD15 ?

ProDad Vitascene 2 LE doesn't work and ask for a license.

Is NewBlue Titler Pro still limited to 8 seconds animation ?

i don't do 360° video.

i think i'll wait the patch update to see if previous delivred plugins have their license back to work in PD16.

For 3rd parties like NewBlue and ProDAD, the bundle deal is only for one version, so we cannot use the old plugins in the new PowerDirector.

But the packs from CyberLink like Action and Holiday ones are not limited.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 07:35

jmone
[Post New]
Quote Looking at various containters I don't see any addition of multi-ch lossless audio options. We still seem to be stuck with DD5.1. Given that high quality/bitrate encoding options available (eg H265 @ 3840*2160 @ up to 60fps) it seems odd to not include at least ONE lossless Multi Channel option even if it is LPCM.... or am I missing something?
Nathan

Unfortunately we have only DD5.1 or stereo, I don't see any consumer level software can produce Dolby TrueHD or dts master audio.

Maybe we can expect FLAC.

At least now we can produce to .mp4 with DD5.1 in v16, that is NEW!

I'd actually expect 5.1 / 7.1 LPCM as an option by now. Royalty free, lossless and is a supported format in just about every container (including BD). Only downside is the size but give how big the Video Track is this is not a major issue IMHO.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 21. 2017 08:01

Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am truly amazed by the 360 stabiliser.

Just quickly re-did one of my latest videos with the new stabilising. I stabilised about 20 or so little clips in this 4 minute movie. If you have two monitors, open a Youtube tab on each and watch them simultaneous (but cut the sound in one of them, for sanity's sake ). The difference is stunning!

Original, unstabilised: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je_2bcqaTKs

Redone stabilised version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwT0hFnt66k

Perhaps to some it may not have such big deal upgrades, but for 360 enthusiasts I can tell you it does have some groundbreaking stuff. Some issues thoug, like the 360 Start view edit only makes sense if you move around the Y-axis. Changing X or Z axis view messes up horizon and air. I've opened topics on my issues to not have a discussion here, like advised.

regards, Frank

That was a huge difference Frank. I see you also re-did the titles by converting them to 360 titles. Nice work.