Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Quote OK - Before running PowerDirector check task manager. It'll show you what processes/programmes you have got running. This is only relevant if you see Power Director in the list because it shouldn't be there. If that is the case then right click it and choose "End Process". If you don't see it there then the problem lies elsewhere.

Hello,

This happens here several times a month. Usually, when defragmenting the C-Drive where you program is installed makes it work smoothly. If a SSD trim it. And do this weekly.

Success.

Alain II
Quote Is there a way to loop particles, seems the only way I can lengthen the time is copy and paste until the desired length is done.

You should be able to highlight the particle and set the duration you want with DURATION above timeline. Or you should be able to stretch it with mouse.

Hi, changing time or stretching has never worked. When you try it, it looks as it has worked, but it will only play to the default? timing.

I can only make up the required time by copy/paste/crossfade. each added to the timeline.

Has anyone been able to acheive it by stretching or changing the duration?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Here that works fine stretching the particle.

Where do you place the particle?

Alain II

Hello,

It's placed on the video line, it won't go anywhere else. Whatever time I stretch it to it cuts off at 50.05 seconds.

It's a snow particle, but whichever one I choose, same thing happens. I just cannot make adjustments to the time.

See following little video on YT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FkCd1q7fUo

In the timeline put the particle in another track UNDER/ABOVE the track you need it to work it in as I show. That should make it unless the particle is corrupt?

Alain II
Quote Hi all,

A while ago I Backed up files (Cyberlink + PD) to an xternal drive, prior to having PC cleaned (wiped). I now seem unable to return the saved files to PD 8 10m or 14.

Could someone please advise

Thank you

Darcy13

Hello,

Are you sure you backed up the files with Ctrl + S? to the external drive? Even if you wiped everything from the PC and reinstalled or PD was still on the C drive it should connect to the xternal drive to fetch it there. Otherwise, it may be lost....

Alain II
Quote Hi,

This is my first time posting to this forum and I apologize if this is in the correct area.

My ActionDirector is corrupting videos after it stitches them from my Gear 360. I follow the instructions to import media from file. I then open my DCIM folder and click on the MP4 I want to import. The progress bar begins and it seems to be working. Once the video becomes completely stitched, the video shows green squares everywhere. This issue does not exist when I view videos from the Android app. I have also turned off hardware acceleration in the settings and there is no difference. Another troubleshooting experiment I've tried is by first saving the MP4 to my desktop and then importing the video into ActionDirector from there.

Does anyone know what I can do? ActionDirector Version: 1.0.0.2423

Thank you!

Hello,

Maybe I'm missing something but 360° vids in PD14?

Alain II
Quote Is there a way to loop particles, seems the only way I can lengthen the time is copy and paste until the desired length is done.

You should be able to highlight the particle and set the duration you want with DURATION above timeline. Or you should be able to stretch it with mouse.

Hi, changing time or stretching has never worked. When you try it, it looks as it has worked, but it will only play to the default? timing.

I can only make up the required time by copy/paste/crossfade. each added to the timeline.

Has anyone been able to acheive it by stretching or changing the duration?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Here that works fine stretching the particle.

Where do you place the particle?

Alain II
Quote Hallo,

ich bin neu hier, habe bisher mit Pinnacle Studio 19.5 gearbeitet, aber meist nicht zu meiner Zufriedenheit. Deshalb käme ein Wechsel zu Cyber Link in Frage.

Bevor ich CyberLink PD16 kaufe, habe ich mir erst einmal die DemoVersion runtergeladen, um zu sehen wie das Programm so tut.

Ich habe ein kurzes Filmchen importiert und dann mit Produzieren eine Datei davon rendern lassen. Die Datei wird im angegebenen Platz gespeichert aber ich kann sie nicht auf eine externe HDD kopieren um sie am TV abspielen zukönnen.

Das Wasserzeichen stört mich überhaupt nicht, ich möchte bloss die Bildqualität prüfen.

Aber die Datei lässt sich nicht öffnen. Ist das so weil ich noch die Demoversion habe ?

Danke erstmal für Hilfe und Gruss,

lutli

ich habe es soeben geschafft, die Filmdatei mit dem VCL-Player auf der externendn HDD zu öffnen und anzuschauen und stelle fest, dass das Bild beim Abspielen leicht zittert und ruckelt, habe ich vielleicht in den Einstellungen etwas falsch gemacht ??

Hallo und wilkommen,

Mein Deutch ist nicht so gut mehr aber ich werder versuchen zu erklären: die Demoversion gibt natürlich nicht alles was eine volle Version gibt. Wenn der Desktop oder Laptop zu schwach ist, kann es sein dass das Bild zittert oder/und ruckelt.

Welcher Computer haben Sie? Sie können diese Fragen auch hier stellen (und beantworten) : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/forums/list/DEU.page (auf Deutch)

Viel Spass!

MfG.

Alain II
Quote The best way, it seems, to keep all those wonderful packs, is to actually buy them.

There are two places to purchase New Blue packages:

Look for coupons and sales.

Hello Barry,

You are right! I would recommend contacting New Blue, their support is pro-active. They help quite well and respond quickly to questions.

Also, it's to advise to study well what is in the packs because many effects are useless and outdated to actual "standards" and out of 10 effects sometimes 3 or 4 one will nearly never use. Unless one is an effects freak and use whatever....

Success!

Alain II
cry
Sorry, cannot get the message right at the moment. Server problems?
Hello all,

I had installed Color Director 6 trial version on Windows 7 pro OS and it played for one day. When I reopened a day later the trial period of 30 days was past...? So, I reinstalled another trial that went well and kicked out the previous trial. So far so good but when opening the new trial soft same message "30 days over...".

I wrote to the technical support but no answer yet.

Has someone experience with that phenomenon, and how to remedy?

For the one day, I could experience and test, I must say that this version is stable on W7, the "motion tracking" has indeed improved and is much faster compared to CD4 and much faster to render. I tested on a difficult mission of "trees, with branches and leaves, moving a little" and results looked promising after correcting a little with the manual tracking option.

My very first and short impressions are POSITIVE.

Hope only that I can test more thoroughly soon?

Help and advice are appreciated.

Thank-you

Alain II
Quote Hello AlainII,

I've only recently installed CDR6, so I haven't had an opportunity to test to "improved" motion tracking.

All features are available in the trial version, except:

• 30-day trial version

• Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding

• Does not support 2K/4K resolution H.264 video

• Importing and producing H.265 video files is not available

PIX

Hello PIX,

Thank-you for this reply.

We look forward to reading your comments on the motion tracking improvements. All those concerned are eager to know.

All the best.

Alain II

One will find a test on YT with the new CD6 and some comments: http://tinyurl.com/ybdmv63p

A trial version test will be needed.

What I don't know is if the trial version sits aside your full installed version or sits on top of the installed previous version? If the last, will it be easy to "roll back" to the already owned version should the test not be conclusive? Anyone experience with it?

Thanks.

Alain II
Hello all,

I wanted to look at Maliek last video tutorial for PD16 and as we see the video is off? Why is that? According to the message in the video, it should be a copyright problem? Or has he been censored for some reason?

Alain II embarassed
Quote Hello AlainII,

I've only recently installed CDR6, so I haven't had an opportunity to test to "improved" motion tracking.

• 30-day trial version

• Importing and producing H.264 video files is only supported on Windows 10/8.1/8/7 or hardware platforms offering independent H.264 encoding

PIX

Hello PIX,

We look forward to reading your comments on the motion tracking improvements. All those concerned are eager to know.

All the best.

Alain II

One will find a test on YT with the new CD6 and some comments: http://tinyurl.com/ybdmv63p

A trial version test will be needed.

What I don't know is if the trial version sits aside your full installed version or sits on top of the installed previous version? If the last, will it be easy to "roll back" to the already owned version should the test not be conclusive? Anyone experience with it?

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote Hello AlainII,

• 30-day trial version

PIX

Hello PIX,

All the best.

Alain II
Hello all,

Has anyone tried the ColorDirector 6 version yet? CL annonces improved Motion Tracking & Selection Masks.

Will the trial soft give full access to this possibilities?

I appreciate to read you.

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote Hi all,

My 16:9 projects include jpgs that are taken in portrait mode mixed with 4:3 landscape jpgs and short snippets of video (MOVs). I use PD to make the landscape jpgs fit the 16:9 screen format by grabbing the left and right handles on the jpg and moving them to fit the 16:9 display. I make no size changes to the portrait jpgs. I then set the project up with transitions and modify some jpgs with colour enhancements and magic motion. It all looks good on preview. I save the project.

Next day I reload the project and find that many (most - but not all) of the portrait jpgs are trashed. The display stays in the correct portrait mode, but the jpg within is rotated 90 degrees clockwise and is obviously distorted. I have to go through the entire 45min project, remove the trashed portrait jpgs and re-insert them, and then make all the modifications again. This takes a fair bit of time as you might imagine in a 45 minute project with 6sec photos.

Anyone seen this? Any solution? Any comments? Any ideas?

Many thanks

Bill from Oz

Hello Bill,

Could you make a snapshot of part of your "extended" timeline to have a good idea?

Thanks.

Alain II
Quote heck the manual
Quote Hi Alain II,

I understood your tutorial and thanks for the same.

But I need to create my own layout and it should be available in 'choose layout' section of Video Collage Designer. See image below (Image created for illustration purpose)

""""

Hope you understood my request.

Regards,

Bijoos

I have not PD16 but I don't think you can "create" all by yourself with this designer. You have the choice between what is offered and you can just change length, width has explained in the CL tutorial on YT. Check the manual if there's an option.

Reason why I wrote: make them "manually" with the process explained.

If you have ColorDirector you can do that there too.

Alain II

Thanks Tony for the support... You make my day!

OK, here's an example I made quickly to make you understand: http://tinyurl.com/y932yh4b

===>>> new unpolished version of above collage: http://tinyurl.com/yccnhgyu

and here the very last version including CD4 and some more effects: http://tinyurl.com/y8wl3eej to just give some idea.

In After Effects, Premiere and professional editing soft you can handle 'templates" and resize them and influence the game. But the

game (process) is much more complicated than 1,2,3 what CL sells here to prosumers.

Notice: the link is not a tutorial just an idea. There are tutorials with previous PD's on YT.
heck the manual
Quote Hi Alain II,

I understood your tutorial and thanks for the same.

But I need to create my own layout and it should be available in 'choose layout' section of Video Collage Designer. See image below (Image created for illustration purpose)

Hope you understood my request.

Regards,

Bijoos

I have not PD16 but I don't think you can "create" all by yourself with this designer. You have the choice between what is offered and you can just change length, width has explained in the CL tutorial on YT. Check the manual if there's an option.

Reason why I wrote: make them "manually" with the process explained.

If you have ColorDirector you can do that there too.

Alain II
Quote Thanks Alain II for the trick...

My request is "How can I create my own collage template?". For example: like a template shown below.

(Below images are created in Photoshop for illustartion purpose)

Regards

Bijoos

Exactly as I explained: for video footage 4 rectangles and a circle... For photos similar in nearly all good graphical soft.

Alain II
Quote hi Tony,

I am not talking about customisation of existing templates. I want to create new templates.

something like.. (see images)

Hello,

Making your own collage is not difficult and can be done manually.

Go to your timeline and open several tracks (say you have 4 videos) and put the videos on top of each other. Cut the length to be equal. Unlink eventual sound from the video tracks ( right mouse button on the track opens a menu and choose link/unlink audio & video) and keep f.i. one soundtrack or delete the 4 soundtracks (ctrl+ delete one by one on an active (blue) soundtrack) that you replace by a music track later eventually.

So, the 4 tracks will have to become layers, and you click on the first video track twice to open in PiP (picture in picture) designer and rearrange the layer to represent f.i. 1/4th of the total preview surface. Save now and do the same for the other 3 tracks. Readjust as you need and add eventually a border, shadow in PiP to each layer. Polish all layers up as you need. You can add a circle mask with a 5th video track the same way in the middle f.i, etc. You can make a collage with 50 tracks if you wish.

As you realize, it's all a matter of layers, in casu tracks.

Maybe Tony is preparing a tutorial?

Good luck.

Alain II
Quote Hi

I bought yesterday the new PWD16 Ultimate and when I want to use Vitascene effect, a popup is opening, telling me that I must have an additional license to use it as the license in the pack is for PWD12 or 13 or 14 or 15. what can i do? for Adorage filters same thing I can't save or export any titles..

Bjr,

Aimez-vs cette version? (Do you like this version?)

Quelles sont vos premières impressions? (What are your first impressions?)

en dehors de ce problème Vitascene (aside of this Vitascene problem)?

A vous lire. (We appreciate to read you).

Alain II
Go to: