Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Oh. Gee, I was kinda looking for an acknowledgement, like "Got it. Working it."
Whatev. Turkey time coming up, and (pour moi) the Alabama-Auburn game, and seeing what insanity the BCS will produce amid this SEC domination.
So I can ease of the video production for a few days
Oh, and Roll Tide!! (in case there was any ambiguity).
Just curious if there had been any movement on this issue...
I have a zip file, but it's 1.3 GB: project and MTS file. Let me know where to upload it. (though it may be Monday: I'm leaving town 5AM tomorrow for the weekend)

1. Which operating system do you use, W7, Vista, XP?
Win 7

2. Which version of PD, See Part A below
PD10, 10.0.01012

3. Which SR number (available in the "About" box of PD and is NOT the CD-Key!)
VDE110929-04

4. What kind of video source material used (codec / container), extension? We often ask for a 5 to 10 second sample , please provide one as an attachment.
.MTS, example included in zip file

5. A detailed step by step description of the problem. See Part D below.
Load file clip into a track. Audio becomes further out of sync with video the further into the clip

6. What anti-virus solution is installed on your PC?
Not aware

7. What codec packs installed? See PD's Readme html file
No idea

8. What other video editing programs are installed - just in case there is a software conflict.
Premiere Elements 8, but has not been used in a year

9. What burning software is installed on your PC?
HP standard stuff

10. What type of blank disk was used, if you have a burning create issue?
Not an issue

11. What background processes / programs running (especially important for problems with the burning)?
None

12. Provide the dxdiag log file as an attachment, see Part B below
Dafydd (hope the two "yy"s didn't produce some Welsh insult ,
We're using two Lumix, one is a DMC ZS3, little over a year old. I believe the other is a later model ZS3 as well (operates and looks the same), but is only 7-8 months old.
The third camera is a Canon Vixia HF10, about 2.5 years old.
All three produce the phenomenom.

I'll work up the submission files when I get home from work this evening. I should be able to produce an abbreviated project with the problem.

Thanks

P.S. Hope I made the right deduction w.r.t. "Welsh" and didn't produce another faux pas. That spelling of David has always made me think Welsh. But Bevan... not so sure
BTW: I am also experiencing unbelievable instability on this project, even more than I've seen since installing PD10. PD10 has just stopped working about 10 times (you will have received automated crash reports, or at least PD put up a message box saying they were sent). I can only get in maybe 5 minutes editing before it crashes, usually (but not always) while I'm playing back the movie.
Dafyyd,

No, it's observable prior to any splitting or editing of any kind. I load the clip into track, and search for the telltale sync marks in the audio (always easy to spot: 4 sharp spikes for the rim shots). In this project, two of the 5 clips happened to be fairly long (~25 min: we did multiple takes without stopping the recording, with multiple sync marks). In these, the observed displacement by the time of the last sync mark (~200 min mark) was almost 8 seconds! In the shorter clips (which were used for overdubbing guitar leads, and just started recording at a minute or two before the last sync mark), the displacement was less than a second, but still VERY noticeable, of course.

After I get the video clips and audio synched, I do not OBSERVE any subsequent drift in the produced product. This is one I did two weeks ago that required my locating sync marks visually [don't judge the video issues based on your opinion of the song please ]:

The displacement just seems to be in the editing process.
Okay, this is getting ridiculous. I've been using PD9 for most of the year, producing a music video per week, same machine (HP Pavilion, 6GB, AMD Phenom II X4 2.8 GHz processors, GeForce GTX 570). Every week, I pull in the video clips from multiple cameras, plus the audio mix WAV file. All clips have a common synch point, the drummer hitting 4 sharp rim shots. I split each clip at the sync point, then proceed to edit the video.

BUT, for the last couple of weeks, ever since I upgraded to PD10, I can't do this. The audio on each video clip "drifts", the sync marks in the audio of the clip DO NOT MATCH THE VIDEO. The effect is cumulative. Further into the clip, the further off it is. I've been forced to literally inch the video along to capture the point the drummer's stick hits the rim, then use that as split point to match the audio. Unfortunately, not all clips have the drummer visible. Then it's just feel aorund until I get something that's "close enough".

This is getting to be VERY much a big problem. It takes forever to match with this manual method, and I can't even always make it happen. Surely to God PD has a fix for this. Or some suggestion for tracking the problem.
Oh, I'm giving it a chance. Just sort of expecting some fairly quick turn around from the Cyberlink folks.
I've been using it a few weeks, and I get the following:
1. Locks up more than PD9 did
2. For some reason it seems to add a new video/audio clip all on its own. Pretty repeatable. I add a title, then a color board (to a video only clip). Bang! PD10 adds a new video/audio clip pair.
3. When I Produce to YouTube, there seems to be an arbitrary length constraint on the Title name. This was not the case in PD9
4. A (new) weird anomaly tonight: I finished all my editing, then attempted to add my standard Credits title. I inserted it into the Title track, click Modify. PD10 never comes back. Just Windows ding if I try to click a menu or button or whatever. Had to kill it with TaskManager. This happened everytime I tried. I used a new title, different title, title into a regular video track, whatever. ALWAYS quit responding. Finally just built a JPG with credits and added that to video.
5. Last week, the 3 separate video clips I was incorporating into my video: EVERY ONE OF THEM showed displaced audio from the video. Consistent displacement across the clips. These are music vids, so synching audio/video is pretty critical. Had to do some fine tuning, manually matching a drum hit to a the drummer playing, guitar strum to the sound.

Anybody else having stability issues? Or these issues? As a s/w developer myself, I would never be surprised for a new release to be followed by a flurry of patches and fixes (deadlines being what they are, bugs get shipped). I have the latest I know of (10.0.0.1012). More fixes available?
My About box says 10.0.0.1005
I could have sworn I downloaded the patch. Should About Box match patch build number (1012)?

I'm having lots of problems with the new s/w "keeping up". It does not seem as responsive as v9, and I'm having trouble synching multiple clips (clips that were all filmed of the same scene, from different angles, which I uses an audio synch mark to align).
Yes, I realize a clip can be resized and repositioned.

What I want to happen is for that sizing and positioning to proceed over N number of frames (akin to Transition), rather than instantaneously.

The business about Video Crop was an admission that I don't think I use it wisely. I think the only reason to use it is typically to close in a shot that originally had a wider frame. Though there may be other applicatins.
I've been doing some music videos, and in the latest one, I have six clips simultaneously arranged on the screen (individual musician shots). Looks pretty cool, but what I want to do is have one or more of the clips expand to fill the screen. Then at some point later, take all six and have them "separate" and move back to some screen arrangement.

How would I take an existing clip and dynamically change it's size and position on the screen, zooming in or out, simultaneously panning to a new position? Not zooming the camera on the clip (a'la Video Crop), but resizing and moving the clip itself.

On a related note, I confess, I tend to misunderestimate exactly when and how to use Video Crop. I've used it before to try and position clips, but I feel I have been hitting a tack with a sledge hammer sometimes.

Here's a link to the current video, btw. I know I'll be doing more of this sort of thing in the future, and I would like to have the initial fullscreen image "fly out" into the several clips, then coalesce, etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sP5RIaeAyI
Here's a weird thing. I have a wave file (the mix down for a music video). I add it as media and put it on the music track like I always do. It won't play. The puck moves, but the track won't make any noise.

I can edit it in CoolEdit, fine. Play it in Media Player or RealAudio, fine. I CAN PLAY THE CLIP IN POWER DIRECTOR, AND IT PLAYS FINE. (Ie, select the clip in the media window and click the Play button). But If I drop it in any track, no dice.

I've done this bunches of times before and can think of no reason for this behavior. Everything looks fine. The audio portions of the video clips play fine. I even created a new audio track and tried it there. No dice. Heck, I even removed the audio from one of the video clips and substitued this one. Nothing.

I am bamboozled. Any ideas? [A deadline clock IS ticking, byw ]
Hal,

Started a new project for a new song. 4 video clips (3 MTS, 1 MOV) and 1 audio clip.

Everything turned green.

The MOV clip and one MTS clip display no audio track.

The other two MTS and audio clips do.

Turned off ''Enable HD video processing'. No change.

Exited the project and restarted. No change.

Did notice that the failure may in fact be camera-specific. The MOV file (from a Zoom Q3) consistently fails to show audio. The other sources are from two Lumix cameras and one Vixia. The Vixia and one Lumix seem consistently to show audio, the other Lumix seems consistently to fail.

Curious that one Lumix works, one does not. What settings in the camera could affect this? And, yes, the audio is THERE, i can play it and hear it.
Jaime: that's the second hint I've heard that 2330 (or some previous patch) was somehow superior to 2504. Also, as I mentioned, it is NOT specific to a particular input clip; the phenomenon "moves" around. Frankly, I was surprised that it manifested on the 5 second clip; intuition (and a certain logic) would imply that it might be at least partially dependent on clip length (ie, amount of data). I added the 5 second clip to my project, and observed that audio track failed to display, and so sent it in to the forum. Note, however, MY PROJECT ALSO ALREADY HAS THE OTHER CLIPS IN IT (I presume the project you used in testing the clip did not). Function of the number of clips?

Adrian: "shadow edit files"? Not sure of the term, nor how to turn them on/off. I know I use "fuzzy" mode for HD clips (or whatever you call the imprecise view of those clips when placed in the timeline). I also know that I have waited a considerable time for audio tracks to display. My experience has been: those that display, display instantly. Those that don't, no (reasonable amount of) waiting changes anything.

One last, perhaps reddish herring-like observation: When I first bring up the project, and in fact when I add a clip to the timeline, often I see nothing (even for the "good" tracks"), until I diddle the zoom. No audio track display, zoom the view a twitch, voial! audio track displayed!
It appeared the MP4 attachment did not succeed. At least, I only see 2 files listed. Try again
PD Version: 9.0.0.2504

The screen shot will reveal one MP4 that does show audio, one that does not, as well as an MOV file that does not show audio. I have had this display/not display problem move from file to file.

The MTS files do not have the problem. Why do you need them? And you only allow 3 attachments.

The ASUS GTX570 drivers are up to date.

What I did:

• Create new project, open MTS file, split and trim, write out as MP4

• Ditto for another MTS file

• Create new project, add the two MP4 files, another MTS file and a MOV file.

• For the ones I can see the audio track, use drum rim shots to sync the video.

• Cannot see some video, so process is incomplete.
  • Plays fine, both audio + video.
    Just can't see the wave form in the audio track (it won't display, not play)
    I've chopped down a rather long MTS file into the portion I needed, exported as MPG4, and then imported that into another project. However, the audio portion doesn't display in the MP4 clip. I need this to synch the clips in the new project.

There seems to be no appropriate menu item or context menu item that might rectify this. Any suggestions?
    While we were recording a session, we got carried away and inadvertently 3-4 songs were recorded onto the same clips (3 separate cameras producing 3 separate .MTS files). I'm producing the videos a song at a time, and would like to just deal with the specific song clips in each project, rather than have these ginormous clips in all the projects.

It occurred to me to take each multi-song clip, and create a project per song for each clip, trim everything down to just the one song, then write that out, as, say MPG4. Then gather the 3 (now truncated) MPG4s and use them in turn as the source clips in a new project. To recap (for example):

MTS #1 (Song1,+S2+S3) --> Song1Trim1 project --> Song1Trim1.MPG4
    MTS #2 (Song1,+S2+S3) --> Song1Trim2 project --> Song1Trim2.MPG4
    MTS #3 (Song1,+S2+S3) --> Song1Trim3 project --> Song1Trim3.MPG4

Song1Trim1.MPG4, Song1Trim2.MPG4, Song1Trim3.MPG4 --> Song1 Project --> Final result/Youtube

Does this make sense?
    Other ways to accomplish the same kind of "chopping" up of a single input file?
    If this is reasonable methodology, MPG4 the best format to use?

Okay, here is the screen capture.

Please note. I AM DOING A PROJECT SAVE (my only defense for freezeups).

WHAT DOES THE GRAPHIC CARD HAVE TO DO WITH PROJECT SAVE?????

This happened about 8 times in a row tonight, along with OTHER freezes.

Get a dadgum fix out here! Stabilize this software!!
    Go to: