Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 10 v1012 patch
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
PowerDirector 10 v1012 patch

Hi Members,
The PowerDirector 10 v1012 patch is about to be launched, when you open PD10 you'll be offered an update. The new patch webpage will be up soon (tomorrow).
Watch the Updates page: http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_GB.html

Issues resolved:
1. PowerDirector hangs when trying to enter the Edit window after capturing video.
2. PowerDirector hangs if users select "Set Aspect Ratio" in the right click menu.
3. Users cannot sign in to Freesound.
4. Produced MPEG-2 clips with the Black and White effect and a 3D-Like title have an issue with interlacing.
5. PowerDirector hangs if users click [Stop] when previewing a 3D 4:3 disc at full screen using a 120Hz display device.
6. PowerDirector crashes at launch on AMD platforms.
7. PowerDirector crashes after inserting a project on the timeline and then entering the Create Disc window.
8. Users receive the "CreateMovieFile error" while outputting a video file to a folder path that contains Unicode characters.

The information is being posted in advance as some editors will see a patch update when opening PD10 and wonder why. I thought an explanation was in order and give you all a "heads up" on what's about to happen.

Dafydd

Wolfgang 1
Newbie Location: Austria/Vienna Joined: May 30, 2010 06:19 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for this information - I think it is great.

Unfortunately I miss the point that the MVC encoder will now also be able to encode to 720 50p. For 3D PAL user that is one of the most important points, since you are not able to encode to anything that makes sense really without such an template. Frankly spoken, to my opionion it is a NO-GO without that. Kind regards,
Wolfgang
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Wolfgang,
Please can you attach a sample video, I'd like to experiment with the footage please and make it available to R&D for them to correct the situation asap.
Thanks
Dafydd
PS. 5 to 10 seconds long. Camera details, make/model as well please.
[Post New]
AND...for you Nvidia Users...there is a new WHQL driver released today by Nvidia (version 285.62)

EDIT: It is faster than previous drivers on MY machine. I thought there were spots on my Windows startup screen...then I realized the resolution was better with this driver!!

New 3D drivers and HD Audio drivers included.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 24. 2011 12:40

Wolfgang 1
Newbie Location: Austria/Vienna Joined: May 30, 2010 06:19 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Wolfgang,
Please can you attach a sample video, I'd like to experiment with the footage please and make it available to R&D for them to correct the situation asap.
Thanks
Dafydd
PS. 5 to 10 seconds long. Camera details, make/model as well please.

Dafydd, the encoding in the MVC encoder can be done with every footage. All what they need to add is that we can switch between 720 50p, 720 60p and 1080 24p - what are the 3 specification as available for 3D Blu Rays.

I send you three download links for Sony TD10 PAL 1080 50i footage. Kind regards,
Wolfgang
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you Wolfgang, links received and media being downloaded.

Dafydd
SPICERPR0
Newbie Location: Ocean City, MD Joined: Jul 12, 2011 12:24 Messages: 38 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone else experiencing these?

1. Right-click "Set Aspect Ratio" still hangs after successful installation of v1012 patch.

2. All three panels in the "Upgrade" box are empty, even though I have successfully installed three packs. Was the v1012 patch suppose to appear under "Update"?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 28. 2011 10:17

Bill Spicer
Spicer Pro, LLC, Ocean City, MD
Win7 Professional 64-bit, Xeon 2.80GHz (4 CPUs)
6144MB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
It takes a community to resolve editing software issues.
[Post New]
Spicerpro;
No doubt about it...I, for one must not understand the current logic in this panel. For my installation:

1. It NEVER showed the 1012 update was available
2. It does not list any of the packs I have installed
3. That screen is definitely broken
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Still no Romance Pack 3 on either of my machines. It's not a critical thing, but I know it does not work for other users, also.
No messages on my updater, either, but at least now I'm updated. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
Member Location: Kentucky USA Joined: Oct 27, 2010 09:39 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Still no Romance Pack 3 on either of my machines. It's not a critical thing, but I know it does not work for other users, also.
No messages on my updater, either, but at least now I'm updated.

Barry,

Are you saying that you did not get the #3 pack upon initial install of PD10, or the patch deleted it?

Randy Self Built PC - W7 Pro 64 bit w/ SP1
ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 / AMD Black X4 3.2 / ATI 6850 1 gb /
8 gb DDR3-1600 / 1394 Firewire / LG SATA-2 Bluray Burner /
Internal Drives: SATA 3 7200rpm = 1.0-tb, 640 gb, 300 gb /
Pana TM90 / Canon HV30 / Sony HC 7 / Canon M40
Epson 810 DVD-CD printer.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
It installs, according to my program list, but is unavailable, never shows up in the UI, or listed in the PD updater.
When I re-install, it removes the existing pack, and I go through the same thing again. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Still no Romance Pack 3 on either of my machines. It's not a critical thing, but I know it does not work for other users, also.
No messages on my updater, either, but at least now I'm updated.

The Romance Pack 3 is neither a patch nor an update, that's why it doesn't show. It is a freebie, and you have to download it separately. It should have automatically appeared in your shopping cart when you purchased PD10.

The link was in my order confirmation e-mail. It is also on the "order details" screen under my account. Go to your account and there should be a "Check order status" link on the left. Jerry Schwartz
KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: It installs, according to my program list, but is unavailable, never shows up in the UI, or listed in the PD updater.
When I re-install, it removes the existing pack, and I go through the same thing again.

I am still thinking about buying PD10. I am a wedding video producer, and would want the pack. That would be a bummer!

Randy Self Built PC - W7 Pro 64 bit w/ SP1
ASROCK 970 Extreme 3 / AMD Black X4 3.2 / ATI 6850 1 gb /
8 gb DDR3-1600 / 1394 Firewire / LG SATA-2 Bluray Burner /
Internal Drives: SATA 3 7200rpm = 1.0-tb, 640 gb, 300 gb /
Pana TM90 / Canon HV30 / Sony HC 7 / Canon M40
Epson 810 DVD-CD printer.
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
I believe others have had success installing this pack. But what about other packs to buy, maybe they won't work either.
As of now, it appears that somebody owes me 30 bucks (the price in US), or a way to get this to work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2011 11:12

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
[Post New]
jerrys;
Quote: The Romance Pack 3 is neither a patch nor an update, that's why it doesn't show.

So you are saying the the tab "Installed PACKS" is not installed packs??? Hmmm!?

I downloaded it, I clicked on it, I installed it (twice just to be sure) and it does NOT show on the "Installed PACKS" tab...it DOES show on the DVD menu preferences..so KentuckyRandy, you will have it. (see attached image)

EDIT NOTE: I see it both in PD9 and PD10 as an available DVD menu choice!!
[Thumb - Untitled-1.jpg]
 Filename
Untitled-1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
465 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 28. 2011 11:33

jerrys
Senior Contributor Location: New Britain, CT, USA (between New York and Boston) Joined: Feb 10, 2010 21:36 Messages: 1038 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: jerrys;
Quote: The Romance Pack 3 is neither a patch nor an update, that's why it doesn't show.

So you are saying the the tab "Installed PACKS" is not installed packs??? Hmmm!?

PD10 doesn't show any installed packs here, but they are there. That mechanism must be broken.

Quote: I downloaded it, I clicked on it, I installed it.

Ave, Caeser!
[Post New]
Quote: Ave, Caeser!

Despite its popularization in later times, the phrase is not recorded elsewhere in Roman history, and it is questionable whether it was ever a customary salute. It was more likely an isolated appeal by desperate captives and criminals condemned to die,

Yes...broken tab...but does install (as stated).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 28. 2011 11:40

jerrys
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Ave, Caeser!

Despite its popularization in later times, the phrase is not recorded elsewhere in Roman history, and it is questionable whether it was ever a customary salute. It was more likely an isolated appeal by desperate captives and criminals condemned to die,

Yes...broken...but does install as stated.

That's what happens when you learn your history from sword-and-sandal movies.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2011 11:41

KentuckyRandy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: jerrys;

I downloaded it, I clicked on it, I installed it (twice just to be sure) and it does NOT show on the "Installed PACKS" tab...it DOES show on the DVD menu preferences..so KentuckyRandy, you will have it. (see attached image)

EDIT NOTE: I see it both in PD9 and PD10 as an available DVD menu choice!!

Nice! Yes, I would also buy the other Romance packs, and would want them all to show and work. BTW: PD10 is looking real good right now. I think I will try the trial soon. Do you know what version the trial is? Does it contain the patch?
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Well, I'll have to check menus, I was thinking it was a theme for the auto function. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)