Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Thanks. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me then. I've had some audio issues with powerdirector since I updated my system so I think I am going to run a system restore to a restore point before the updates and see how powerdirector works then. Or do you think that is opening another can of worms?
Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately
that doesn't work. I was under the impression that I was able to snap
to and cut audio clips at the finest 1/10 frame resolution before I
updated my system. No I can only snap to and cut audio clips at 1 frame
increments.
Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately that doesn't work. I was under the impression that I was able to snap to and cut audio clips at the finest 1/10 frame resolution before I updated my system. No I can only snap to and cut audio clips at 1 frame increments.
My mind could be playing tricks on me, but before I updated my system I seem to remember being able to have the timeline cursor snap to the finest resolution marks when I was dealing with audio clips. But since the update the cursor only snaps to the marks delineating video frames, even when there are no video clips in the project. Now I can't even snap to the beginning of an audio clip unless it aligns with what would have been the start of a video clip. I can move the audio clips on the timeline in the finest increments, but I can only cut them where the cursor snaps in 1 video frame increments. Am I misremembering what I was able to do before the update, or is the current situation what the case always was? As far as I know all the preferences are set to the same as before the update. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!
Thanks for all the help! And for letting me know that I needed to update my system, which I just did. Didn't fix the problem I was having, but I will try the workaround you recommended. Now I'm facing another, unrelated issue though. I should probably start a new post to ask for advice adout that.
Thanks for the feedback. Sorry about not including all the relevant information in my first post. I do have the latest version of PD19 (build 3226) already, and hardware acceleration is already turned off. I did install a windows update within the last week or two, so I guess that could be contributing to the issue I'm having. Here are the DxDiag test results I got:
Is it normal to fix popping issues with audio transitions in the timeline only to have them show up in the rendered project? That's happening to me. Also the popping sounds often return to the timeline if I close the project and reopen it.
I've been using PowerDirector for a number of years and for some reason projects in progress that had been working fine previously have started to exhibit popping noises where audio clips begin. This is both when played back in the timeline and when newly rendered. Renderings done previously work fine, but the same projects when rerendered or played back on the timeline now have these popping noises. In the past deleting the temporary files usually solved most sound issues I've had but that isn't working in this case. Any ideas on why this could be happening and how I can fix it?
This seems to have done the trick. Haven't experienced a crash since I installed updates. Hope it stays that way. Thanks so much!
Thanks. Here are the DxDiag results.
Every time I attempt to edit a project in which I have altered the speed of at least one clip the program freezes and then crashes. It's not always an instantaneous thing. Sometimes I can edit for a few minutes before the crash occurs. But it almost always occurs within 5 minutes of opening the aforementioned project. As far as I can tell, it only happens when the speed of a clip has been manipulated. Any ideas on how to prevent this from happening?
For some reason in one of my projects when audio is running simultaneously on multiple tracks in my timeline, the sound echos or is garbled in some way. Also when the clip in one audio track end and one on another audio track begins the second clip just emits a loud humming, buzzing sound. Any idea what could be causing this? Everything had been working fine in the past. This just started last night.
Go to: