Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline Cursor Snapping For Audio Clips
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2021 20:26 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
My mind could be playing tricks on me, but before I updated my system I seem to remember being able to have the timeline cursor snap to the finest resolution marks when I was dealing with audio clips. But since the update the cursor only snaps to the marks delineating video frames, even when there are no video clips in the project. Now I can't even snap to the beginning of an audio clip unless it aligns with what would have been the start of a video clip. I can move the audio clips on the timeline in the finest increments, but I can only cut them where the cursor snaps in 1 video frame increments. Am I misremembering what I was able to do before the update, or is the current situation what the case always was? As far as I know all the preferences are set to the same as before the update. Any help you can provide would be most appreciated!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Does this help?
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately
that doesn't work. I was under the impression that I was able to snap
to and cut audio clips at the finest 1/10 frame resolution before I
updated my system. No I can only snap to and cut audio clips at 1 frame
increments.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's going on. Everything works as described on my system and the latest update hasn't changed anything regarding this feature. Maybe try unchecking the Enlarge timeline scale... box then check it again:

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the recommendation, but unfortunately
that doesn't work. I was under the impression that I was able to snap
to and cut audio clips at the finest 1/10 frame resolution before I
updated my system. No I can only snap to and cut audio clips at 1 frame
increments.

Hi,

I think you are correct in that cutting is only available to frame level, whereas moving, duration changes (clip must be greater than 1 frame) and keyframes operate to 1/10th frame for audio.

I've gone back through the versions to PDR16 on my system and that seems to have always been the case - but I stand to be corrected if anyone knows differently!

Running a timeline at 60fps would allow you to get closer to your aim?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Drencrom123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. I guess my mind is playing tricks on me then. I've had some audio issues with powerdirector since I updated my system so I think I am going to run a system restore to a restore point before the updates and see how powerdirector works then. Or do you think that is opening another can of worms?